Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Update:
    Nov 7 order, nov 28 got thru on phone and they said i'd have tracking number nov 30 and deliver dec3. Absolutely nothing.
    between dec 2 and today dec 8 ive emailed to cancel and called once per businesss day during THEIR nonstandard business hours (5 times), left two messages.
    All of it flat out ignored, and of course still no tracking #.

Just filed a credit card dispute.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Wow and literally 10 seconds after posting that they replied to my email and said the order has been cancelled for full refund...lets see if or when that does or doesnt happen

mtbr member
    LOL - I called my cc to file a dispute. Miraculously they got someone from Outside Outfitters on the line! Everyone call off the search party, they aren't all held up in a robbery! So with my cc agent sitting as a baby sitter, they said they'd send an email to confirm cancellation of my order and cancel. Lets see how long this takes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    There are a lot of reasons to shop online....price, selection, convenience, and quick shipping methods. There are so many online retailers that do a great job with all of these. The better ones will open storefronts on Ebay and Amazon because they will stick to the estimated delivery times that they are required to do to make it a convenient shopping experience. If they don't follow the shipping guidelines, description, etc , they get penalized for everyone to see via online reviews, star ratings and "experienced seller" ratings. When it comes to an online purchase I will pay more for the same product if the shipping times are quicker. For example; there are many Chinese, Taiwan, and overseas sellers that have lower prices on the exact same bicycle merchandise. I do not order from them because of the extended shipping times it takes to get product from there. It takes a long time for product to make its way by shipping container. I simply choose not to buy because a few dollars saved is not worth the extended shipping time.

The problem with Outside Outfitters is their very misleading shipping times. The product I ordered was listed as available, and would processed in 2-3 days. That would mean a little over week before I saw it. What they are not telling you is that nothing is in stock, it's available at some sort of distribution facility....for all I know it's the same Chinese distributor I avoided buying from in the first place.

I can't imagine how they are going to stay in business operating this way. Maybe there are thousands of happy customers that have received their merchandise in a timely matter.......chances are they are not in the bicycling community though....maybe they are able to get ski clothing and hiking stuff shipped quicker?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Seriously. Can we just get this thread stickied and agree once and for all that the MTBR community deserves to be warned against using what appears to be the most incompetent (if not outright crooks) internet business of all time!
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Warden
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I found a great price on the internet googling for some parts. So back on the 25th of October 2016 I placed an order with Outside Outfitters. After getting no email updates or change in status of my order on their website, I email them on the 5th of November. I got a reply on the 8th of November.

" Your items are being shipped to us from the distributor warehouse. This has required additional lead time, and we appreciate your patience during this longer than normal fulfillment process. Your order is scheduled for delivery to you in 7-10 business days. "

10 business days go by and still no updates or change in status of my order so I email them again on the 28th of November asking what is going on? On the 1st of December I got this reply.

"We are continuing to experience delays in receiving our shipment of the Wolf Tooth and Race Face items from the warehouse. We are working to resolve this, and expect to provide you with a definitive delivery notification in the next few days. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience of this extended lead time, and have upgraded your delivery to Priority Service.

Ken"

So I hear nothing from them and think I'm getting scamed. I see this topic about them here on the forums and started looking up how to dispute the charges. I printed out my email correspondence with them and printed screenshots of my account status on their website then made plans to go to my bank on Sat the 31st of December.
    I come home from work today on the 29th of December and a package is waiting for me. I was shocked to see it was from Outside Outfitters.

Sooooo, if you can wait over 2 months with piss poor communication you might save a little money by using Outside Outfitters.

I'm not going to ever buy anything again from them but I will use them for price-matching as was suggested earlier in this topic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Wow two month shipping.....awesome.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    If I log into their website today it still says this:

Order Status
    10/25/2016 5:54:39 PM
    Order received and is in processing. Upon completion your shipment tracking link will be sent via automated email to your log-in email address. Tracking information is not provided on this website. For additional information click here.

My order status never updated or changed on their website. I never got a tracking link emailed to me.

Aficionated Member
    Anyone has had any transaction problem?
    I've freshly tried to make an order until 3 times, the 3 times the transaction was denied because that:

The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.

My surprise was when I received an*SMS from my bank telling me that I have made a transaction with Outside Outfitters. And not just that, I have entered on my bank account and the 3 times I tried to make the order were charged to my VISA.

I have sent an e-mail to them and waiting for news. My Outside Outfitters account tells me I haven't make any purchase.

Anyone with similar problem? I'm from Spain.

Thanks,
    Jorge

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
    Enjoy your rides

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ZePequeno View Post
    Anyone has had any transaction problem?
    I've freshly tried to make an order until 3 times, the 3 times the transaction was denied because that:

The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.

My surprise was when I received an*SMS from my bank telling me that I have made a transaction with Outside Outfitters. And not just that, I have entered on my bank account and the 3 times I tried to make the order were charged to my VISA.

I have sent an e-mail to them and waiting for news. My Outside Outfitters account tells me I haven't make any purchase.

Anyone with similar problem? I'm from Spain.

Thanks,
    Jorge

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
    Have you read thru this post? Why would you order from these clowns? Horrible place to do business with!

Turner CZAR and FLUX
    Nov 2015
    Just got burned by Outside Outfitters....Stole $115.00 from me. Serious...I can't explain it any other way........Low Class Thieves. There is not doubt it is intentional....kinda like a Ponzi scheme......well they goofed......I have a special set of skills.......

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I can't believe anyone is still using Outside Outfitters. Feeling horrible for all the folks who've been burned.

Still wondering why this isn't stickied. It should be available as a PSA to the cycling world.
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Warden
    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I ordered a Rockshox Revelation RCT3 26" w/straight steerer and a 26" Stans Flow MK3 rim on a Fri. I was contacted by Dan the next Mon. to verify all of the information. He said it would take a few days but that I would be sent a tracking #. I waited a week and sent an email asking for status. I received a reply stating that I would be receiving an inbound tracking # in a couple of days to be followed by an outbound tracking#. Gave it a another 3 or 4 days then tried calling. No answer but they replied by email with an inbound tracking #. 2 days later Fed Ex delivered my parts.

At the end of the day it took about 3 weeks to get my order. I really can't complain considering that absolutely nobody had a 26" straight steerer Revelation. The Revelation was $621.00 shipped and the Flow Rim was about $70.00 shipped.

It would have been better if they would have answered the phone just to have a warm fuzzy feeling about things but the emails were prompt and cordial.

For me, this was an acceptable transaction.

mtbr member
    Figures I saw this thread well after the fact. Ordered an "in stock" item a few months ago. Waited a week or two, cancelled the order, then got charged for it a couple weeks later. Got a fraudulent charge on my card around the same time, and had to cancel the card(sheer coincidence, I'm sure). I didn't know they could refund a cancelled card, and was told they'd Paypal me.
    They apparently never had, and never shipped, the stem I ordered, and never sent me a refund. My bank reversed the charge after going through whatever their fraud process is(which took over a month), but I don't know if they actually do anything about pursuing merchants.

I'm now wary of other sites that show up on Google searches listing the same products with the exact same discounted prices. Seems likely that's more than coincidence, too.

mtbr member
    +1 on Outside Outfitters being a scam / completely incompetent. It doesn't matter what they actually are, they will take your money, say they will refund it when they don't deliver and then not. Don't buy from these guys unless you like throwing money away.

squish, squish in da fish
    it's crazy that they have gone to the crapper. i used to order from them 4/5 yrs ago quite often for items in camping, mtb, and clothing. never once did i have a prob, but bike parts express that's another story.

mtbr member
    I got another email from them a few weeks after the above situation was resolved by my bank. Form email that you automatically get when they charge your card. Apparently they tried to charge me again, but I guess that was a deadend for them, since the card had been canceled...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm going on 26 days since I ordered my frame. Been lied to about it being shipped out 3 times. Multiple guaranteed delivery dates and nothing. One guy on the phone said I saved $20 on the price so I shouldn't be impatient. One employee said "we don't have a good business model" I could have just ordered the frame from the manufacturer and had it already. Today I finally got a tracking number that doesn't even work yet. I have cancelled a bikepacking trip 3 times and now im gonna have to cancel again this weekend. Their own employees admit that the owner just doesn't care. I strongly urge people not to throw away your hard earned money. Order from competitive cyclist, Amazon, jenson, chain reaction or your LBS and save yourself the stress.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12