Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Legend
    Nov 2004
    I know it's a bit of a resurrection, just thought it'd be a good place to add this.

Put in an order for a few misc items to Outside Outfitters; picked the slowest (and obviously cheapest) shipping option to Canada. Will update when I have the items, but I got a tracking number 1 day later directly from the person I was dealing with. Very nice customer service so far (a few items were showing "call us", had to contact them), prices were WAY better than anything I could find anywhere else, and shipping was stupid cheap to Canada.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Yea it turned out the cheap shipping WAS a mistake in my case and I had to pay more, lol ( I think they were just using USPS first class which has no tracking #) and the handling time was slow (I waited 6 days before it shipped). It's tough to order things and wait sometimes, especially when it is keeping you from riding.

However it can always be worse...I have had much much worse shipping, like from Zem shoes (unrelated to bikes). Almost a month now and my shoes have not shipped due to "backorders" but they conveniently did not list this on the website when I ordered it. So, I finally emailed them to ask if another colour was in stock and they said that my order was in stock afterall! WTH? They changed my order to "processed" but I am still waiting for it to ship.. so ya compared to that Outside Outfitters is the daytona 500./end rant.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Cool-blue Rhythm

pretty much the same deal as others..... took awhile with shipping but had the best price on my tires....

mtbr member
    Ordered a few times from them and they are terrific. Last order was via phone since I needed 2 items price matched. He stayed on the phone with me, verified the websites, and took care of everything right there. He even told me that it will take a couple of days to ship out and then it would arrive (free shipping for over $111) about 5 business days afterwards. Everything was spot on...no problems.

For sites like Outside Outfitters, Tree Fort Bikes, ebikestop, etc, you will often find the best prices and outstanding customer service, along with free shipping with minimum. But if you need it shipped out immediately, where their business is predominately web-order based, go to Jenson, Pricepoint or Cambria. But of course, you will have to pay shipping.

So it depends on how quickly you want it and how much saving a couple of bucks is important to you. Of course, if you need it right away, you can always walk into your LBS. For me, saving a few bucks is vital.

mtbr member
    ordered a fork from them a couple of weeks ago. based on the reviews here and their shipping policy, I was expecting to receive it in about 2 wks, i was pleasantly surprised when it actually arrived in 1 wk.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    All in all I think its a descent place to place as long as you are not in a hurry for the order. I will say they do offer excellent phone service. I needed some internal RS fork parts and they were the only online company that researched my small parts order.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    For certain parts, these guys were hands down the best prices and for us in SoCal the savings on tax is substantial. They are very slow compared to any other e-tailer with basically a week turnaround just to get it in the mail. As long as you are not anxious, I highly recommend them. One of the nice things about the slow processing time was I amended my order before it went out which was nice.

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Update: Ordered my items on Sunday the 8th, arrived in my mailbox Friday the 20th. ~10 business days to Canada using their slowest shipping option.

A+ imo, and my box was shaped like a giant Toblerone ... I love Toblerone.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Big Question Mark

I ordered an MTB pant over last year ago and it hasn't reached me until now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Outside Outfitters?-129955-outsideoutfitters.jpg  

Outside Outfitters?-129955-usps.jpg  

Outside Outfitters?-citibill-apr2011-outsideoutfitters.jpg  

Last edited by inoq; 12-05-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Fat & Single
    So you have waited 18 months with a tracking number, never delivered and you never contacted them about it ?
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

No good

Of course I did ask them several times, but their answer were only "we have dispatched your order" and "is there anyway we can help?". Even when I asked a proof (scan copy, etc.) of dispatching receipt, they couldn't show it. At least, I can be certain it's lost on its way if they can show a proof of dispatching from their warehouse. Poor handling

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by inoq View Post
    Even when I asked a proof (scan copy, etc.) of dispatching receipt, they couldn't show it.
    You had a tracking number from them and you paid by credit card, if the tracking didnt show it get to you, then contact your credit card company for a refund
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    You had a tracking number from them and you paid by credit card, if the tracking didnt show it get to you, then contact your credit card company for a refund
    You're right, worth trying although it usually takes a long and difficult process. Thanks ozzybmx for the advice.
    Last edited by inoq; 12-06-2012 at 02:32 AM.

Fat & Single
    Thats what credit cards are for, you spend their money then try pay it all back at the end of the month. If you didnt get your item and there is no proof it was sent then you should get your cash back, if the vendor doesnt agree then contact your creditcard company.

If you had sent them the info you posted here ^^Post #34^^ your claim would already be underway.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Thats what credit cards are for, you spend their money then try pay it all back at the end of the month. If you didnt get your item and there is no proof it was sent then you should get your cash back, if the vendor doesnt agree then contact your creditcard company.

If you had sent them the info you posted here ^^Post #34^^ your claim would already be underway.
    again, thanks mate .....

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    About to order from these guys since they have the best price on a dropper post I want. As usual, I'm ordering the day before a holiday weekend so shipping should be extra slow.

I don't need it for a month, so I'll put them to the test.

Edit: decided to try out price match with Jenson and they accepted so I ordered from them with it being the same cost.
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

Fat & Single
    Being an Aussie buyer, waiting on 3 tyres coming from them as we speak.... ordered Monday, got the dispatch notice Thursday, they were an order in item so 3 days is good. More than happy with OO's prices and customer service.... as I said earlier, not the fastest but very well priced and cheap shipping to Australia. Ive ordered well over $1000 worth of stuff every year since 2008.

Good guys if you aren't expecting next day delivery.

One of my favourite online stores.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I stumbled on this thread a couple of weeks ago when I was googling this shop to see if they were safe. After reading here and a couple of other places I decided to go ahead and order.

I'm very satisfied. Delivery was very fast (to USA), took 6 days total, from order to delivery, normal ground shipping, which was free.

I had an issue with tracking number not showing for my order, so I called their customer service number, 1st time there was an answering machine, but I didn't leave a message.
    Called the following day, a helpful guy answered, I told him my problem, he apologized and said they just upgraded or replaced their shipping system, and that they have a bug with the tracking numbers showing on customers account.
    Anyway, he manually looked my order, and told its status.

I have no idea how they manage their low prices, though to be honest I didn't try the "price match" option of other suppliers like jensonUSA, but I just think, that since they have such good prices, it would be good to share my experience.

Buttom line - I would recommend buying from them, and I will buy from them again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Bought a Stan's Arch wheel set from them. They were by far the lowest price at the time. I was ready to order a Light Bicycle set when I saw this incredible deal.

I picked the wheel set up in person since they are located where I live. Very nice guys there. I would recommend them to everyone.

Clueless Bastard
    I have ordered outside gear (not bike stuff) from them. Order fulfillment was a touch slower than other companies, but their price was the best.

I also use with great success:
    Bike:
    Universal Cycles
    Jenson USA
    Bike Bling
    EBikeStop*
    Colorado Cyclist*

Outdoor:
    OutsideOutfitters
    OMCGear

*I only use these guys if I can't get it anywhere else as I like to avoid the sales tax if I can. By far, UniversalCycles out of Portland is my favorite bike mail order house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2