tl1
    Bicyclist

Osprey Raptor 6 Hydration Pack $45

mtbr member
    thanks. i just pulled the trigger on one. was debating on getting one of the vaude racer x or hyper air, but the quality and design of osprey's pack and hydration system is awesome!!

shipping wasnt bad either at like $6.

mtbr member
    they've had this deal for about a week or so, maybe longer. I got this pack delivered about a week ago. Had a nalgene pack before which was pretty good but the hydration part is freakin awesome. So when I saw that Osprey uses nalgene hydration set-up I knew this was the pack for me. Other than loving the nalgene, the quality of the pack is absolutely top notch - this is an awesome price for the quality of the pack.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Great price. Wish i didnt have one. My nipple leaks tho.. i need to fix it somehow. Or maybe buy a new bladder.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by o0adam0o
    Great price. Wish i didnt have one. My nipple leaks tho.. i need to fix it somehow. Or maybe buy a new bladder.

I had the same problem with my Nalgene pack and thought that since the Osprey Nalgene bladder had a little different design it wouldn't happen. Guess I better keep an eye on it over time. Is the "hose" to the bladder a fixed piece, I thought I read that it was removable and it looks like there is a tab you can push in to release it. If so that was the cause of my other bladder to leak, there is a washer that comes off easily if you detach the hose from the bladder for cleaning.

Save Jesus
    I didn't buy an Osprey hydration pack because there is no actual frame in the pack. Once you put the water bladder in, the ridged foam piece presses directly onto your back.

nocturnal oblivion
    Looks like the Talon 5.5 is also on closeout for $35, but I don't think the Talon comes with a bladder while the Raptor does for $10 more.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member
    My nipple leaks tho.. i need to fix it somehow. Or maybe buy a new bladder.
    That sounds like a personal problem. lol
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

nocturnal oblivion
    You know you could just get a replacement nipple.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Price just jumped to $55
    My garage is a revolving door of bikes, wheelsets, & frames
    www.mtbdeals.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Price is 55 now... anyway got one. Let's see.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    That is funny that the price jumped. I am an REI member* and got an email recently about a limited time 20% off from REI-outlet. That bumped the price down from $55 to $44(around the price the thread starter quoted); with tax, and store pickup it comes to $47.

Overall I cannot wait to get a quality hydration pak. Two days before that purchase I bought a Ful Cargo hydration pak of similar size for $25 from Costco. I had been using a 24oz. water bottle before and it made me appreciate the benefits of not being dehydrated while riding. I would not have wanted another unit, except for the severe limitation that you need two hands to use the Ful! Meanwhile I read this one review which said you can use the Osprey Raptor with no hands, just your mouth.

*To be an REI member you have to pay a one time $20 membership fee. After that you get special discounts like this. I believe once a year at least you get 20% off on any REI item, more often you get discounts of 20% on REI-outlet, other special offers, and everything you buy helps you earn dividends at the end of year(from last year my bro got $10, I got less than $4). So basically if you become a member usually it will pay itself off in a year or less if you shop there enough. Also you can return just about anything you buy there for any reason(often even if you destroy it) as a member, and those items are sold at members "garage sales".
    Last edited by RoyFokker; 06-13-2011 at 12:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
    Once you put the water bladder in, the ridged foam piece presses directly onto your back.
    That's not my experience.

The Raptor 6, unlike the 10 and 14, comes in only one size. I'm tall, and the 6 did not fit me. REI is good with returns so its not a big deal, but just a heads up.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Just ordered mine I cant wait.

I've needed an hydration pack for a while and always loved osprey. Just wish it was an 100 oz.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Thats a very good deal.