mtbr member
    Apr 2011

ORS Racks Direct.....Not Too Impressive

They had a good deal on Thule stuff I needed to replace my factory rack, so I ordered. After completing my order, the website promped me to take a survey and receive a $100 reward. I particitpated, and it ended up directing me to another website that dealt with magazine subscriptions.

I had the choice to pick from a few different magazines, and when I completed the choices, I noticed in small print I was to be charged $2 for each magazine. RIPOFF

Then I get a message a few days later that my Thule stuff is on backorder....would have been nice to know prior to ordering, as I need the stuff this weekend for a trip.

So far, thumbs down for ORS Racks Direct.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    So you are mad about being played by some wonky advertising deal? Sucks that OSR associated themselves with this other ad , but still....

Did you call them to see what they could do to speed things up? Also, seems like it's not the wisest to rely on mail order for time sensitive affairs, you always get burned. Normally for me if something like that comes up I try to call to make sure it can be filled.

I do hate when stuff is stated as in stock and it's not.

I ordered a whole yakima setup from them a couple years ago, stacked sales with discount codes and everything was prompt and accurate.

mtbr member
    I question the integrity of website that would send you to a survey like that. I know almost every site has those annoying survey pop-ups, but I've never had one try to get into my wallet like that. Especially from a business website.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I did get a response from the customer service, who stated that the survey is standard maketing practice for them, and has helped them. woohoo

Also, I guess I should have gone down to the lbs, but I am a sucker for a good deal

mtbr member
    May 2010
    code extra10 always works if your getting something from ORS.