Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

online shops that price match!!

I am trying to start an official thread of online shops that price match or beat competitors.

So far:

Price Point

Performance Bike

Jenson USA

Blue Sky Cycling

Bike Nashbar

Cambria Bike

Beyond Bikes

I am sure there are plenty more, so keep them coming.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Do they price match outside of the US?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintPeelinPbody
    not sure on that one, thats probably a case by case basis...

NormalNorm
    I had Price Point price match for me, a couple of years ago. I live in Canada.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    price point just matched Jensons price for me on an XT rear derailleur that I ordered a week before. (I live in Canada too)

mtbr member
    please add any shops you know of to the list!!!

thanks.

one sick puppy
    R Line- Richards bikes
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    JensonUSA does not price match outside the US.

mtbr member
    Speedgoat used to price match everything I requested. There was no sales tax for me and shipping was free over $100. I've given them very much business in the past. However, in the last 4 months or so, they've denied every one of my requests. I guess they changed their policy. Too bad, they were very efficient with their shipping and tracking, but they lost a customer.

Which way? Uphill.
    Airbomb
    Bikeman
    BikeSmart
    Bike Source
    Frankford Bike
    Phat Tire
    Universal Cycles
    Wheel World

I'm not aware of any company that will price match non-US sites, though I haven't tried them all. I've heard of some people having luck at certain sites, but it's hit or miss. Some of these sites might require you calling them in order to get the price match.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by onegymrat
    Speedgoat used to price match everything I requested. There was no sales tax for me and shipping was free over $100. I've given them very much business in the past. However, in the last 4 months or so, they've denied every one of my requests. I guess they changed their policy. Too bad, they were very efficient with their shipping and tracking, but they lost a customer.
    +1, same here

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug
    I'm not aware of any company that will price match non-US sites, though I haven't tried them all. I've heard of some people having luck at certain sites, but it's hit or miss. Some of these sites might require you calling them in order to get the price match.
    Cambria matched Chain Reaction (I think they're UK) for me on a couple of items - Shadow XT rear der. and XT front der. - saved about 30 bucks (Cdn$) over Jensen's market price. For some reason Chain Reaction sometimes has really good prices on Shimano stuff - good for price matching for you US riders.
    Last edited by h.eye; 04-07-2008 at 12:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by h.eye
    Cambria matched Chain Reaction (I think they're UK) for me on a couple of items - Shadow XT rear der. and XT front der. - saved about 30 bucks (Cdn$) over Jensen's market price. For some reason Chain Reaction sometimes has really good prices on Shimano stuff - good for price matching for you US riders.
    From what I have seen about CRC, Europe (or at least the UK area) has "value added tax" on its items. If you were to buy and have it shipped there, the price would be higher. They include the tax into the overall price so it is comparable to buying a US item and having it shipped over there. The flip side is that they don't charge the tax when shipped out of the area and that is why we can usually get some great deals. Some items are ! prices, others are about the same as I would expect to pay over here. Still, if you can keep a "wish list" and build it up enough to get the free shipping, that sweetens the deal even more! I got 770 cranks, a 772 rear derailleur, , an HG93 chain, a Mavic 717 rim and a couple other small items for right at $300 shipped. Ordered on Monday, had on Friday. Hard to beat that for price and speed.

The only thing I have noticed about CRC is you just have to watch the economic market for the best price, it changes according to the exchange rate of the dollar (depending on your country).

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by onegymrat
    so as Jensen to me, they declined a couple of my price match offers (which is fine), but made some remark on the email that makes me feel uncomfortable - I wasn't trying to be cheap or low ball, it's a price match!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    excellent thread. You should add all the known price matchers to the first post so people dont have to dig through this to find them..

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Cambria denied my price smash for XT cranks and chains via Chain Reaction in the UK. the way i see it is it's their loss. two cranks and two chains...CRC will get the order. Cambria's loss as i see it. it was actually $2-$3 cheaper than Cambria too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I like companies that have a better view on customer service then they do profit. For the dollar or two they may lose with a price match, the more they will make up in the long run with a happy customer.
    This thread proves it. You have people posting comments about what stores pricematch.. thats free advertising in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintPeelinPbody

you know the value of money changes between countries right?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Bluesky price-matched on a competitor's sale price for me this week, even though they state in the small print that they don't.
    I asked for the price match during checkout, before noticing that clause, but was please to see that they honored the match.
    Not a lot of money, but still bought them some customer satisfaction.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    i b!tched at the guy at Cambria, he told me to let it go and go ride. Wow, great CS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    sometimes, if i'm really bored here at work i'll go around pricematching stuff at Jensons (usually from pricepoint).

well i did that again last night on a saddle i'm thinking about getting, it was 129.95 at Jenson, 94.98 at Pricepoint.

Well it gets approved, but i don't buy it yesterday. come into work right now and the price is back up to 129.95

I try to pricematch it again, using the same email address as last time. It says i've already done it once and to see the new price in my cart, but it's still the same higher price all the way through checkout. WTH?

I then go pricematch it again with another email address, and it's now listed at 94.98

mtbr member
    I've used Jenson's price match with good results. Looks like the Ontario shop will be "will call" only now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by banksd1983
    sometimes, if i'm really bored here at work i'll go around pricematching stuff at Jensons (usually from pricepoint).

well i did that again last night on a saddle i'm thinking about getting, it was 129.95 at Jenson, 94.98 at Pricepoint.

Well it gets approved, but i don't buy it yesterday. come into work right now and the price is back up to 129.95

I try to pricematch it again, using the same email address as last time. It says i've already done it once and to see the new price in my cart, but it's still the same higher price all the way through checkout. WTH?

I then go pricematch it again with another email address, and it's now listed at 94.98

to add to this, they've now taken down the picture of said saddle

idig2000

Jenson Price Match

I have a history of purchasing products from Jenson by pricematching, and they have always been excellent in my experience in matching competitor's prices. This week, I asked Jenson to price match Performance on Carb-Boom energy gel and they did (Performance $21.99 a box/Jenson was $33.16 a box - Purchasing 4 boxes makes a big difference in total price). I kept checking my email and the web that next morning to see if they took the pricematch. I looked on the web and the product's page showed the price match was put in effect and would last for a few weeks or so (however long they usually match -I can't recall exactly). But this time, Jenson did not send me an email confirmation indicating that they matched Performance's price, like they usually do. In addition, they didn't send me a purchase confirmation email like they usually do when the shipment is started. Anyhow, two days later, I noticed that the Carb-Boom gel on Jenson's website was back to it's normal price, and did not last for the time period they had originally indicated. I'm just curious why my experience with them was different this time. Don't get me wrong, I realllly like Jenson and will continue to shop with them. They are fantastic. I just got the feeling this time that they felt obligated to match the price, but that they weren't too happy about doing it. Anyhow, they are a great company. And by the way, if you are wondering why I didn't just purchase the gel from Performance originally, it was because of the sales tax and slow shipping times for non-members.

idig2000

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

what the hell Jenson?

read my 2 previous posts in this thread.

I went back right now to view the saddle Ive been eyeballing.

I'VE ALREADY PRICEMATCHED IT TWICE! Yet they only have that price up there for a couple hours. Then put it back to it's more expensive price!

The saddle in question is now back to 129.95, when it's at 94.98 at pricepoint.

About to do a 3rd pricematch on it with a new email address.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast