Thread: OEM components

I'M A CHEAPSKATE

OEM components

I used to work at a shop and we used to get great deals on OEM pull offs or overstock components from manufactures. Are there any websites that offer these to the public?
    dowst: Got a little cavalier with good old eBay did we?

CABDOCTOR, now available with more flava than Kool-Aid

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabdoctor
    I used to work at a shop and we used to get great deals on OEM pull offs or overstock components from manufactures. Are there any websites that offer these to the public?
    A lot of the Internet shops sell take-offs. Wheel World is one that comes to mind. They don't always designate the items as such. I have no problem buying take-offs as long as I know what I'm getting.

I was looking at the parts that I have so far for my latest build and realized that they are all take-offs saddle/seatpost, brakes, crankset, bars. It's a good way to save some money off of retail prices and help fellow riders get rid of some of their unneeded parts.

I'M A CHEAPSKATE
    Exactly what I'm doing, trying to build a DH bike on the cheap! I was looking for crankset with an external BB. I want to go as cheap as possible.
    dowst: Got a little cavalier with good old eBay did we?

CABDOCTOR, now available with more flava than Kool-Aid

mtbr member
    Wheel World does have quite a few OE parts. I have never had anything from them that was mis marked or unidentified, but I haven't bought very much from them.

Bob Bicycles in Boise has quite a few OE parts. I bought a few things from them. Seem like real nice guys.

http://bobs-bicycles.com/index.cfm
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just got a 175mm Evolve DH crankset with X-type BB from WheelWorld for my bro's bike. I thought it was going to come in a baggie, but was pleasantly surprised that it came in full retail packaging with instructions and all spacers, etc. intact. Good deal.

tk

Freshly Fujified

2 sources

Bob's Bicycles (www.bobs-bicycles.com, or on ebay as betterbikes) regularly has OEM products for sale. Chain Reaction Cycles (UK store) sells a lot of OEM, but the import duties may negate any real savings if you're in the US.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery