Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Now Chainlove Really Sucks

Since they combined Bonktown with Chainlove, there's all this road cr@p. That might be better than all the tee shirts and socks, but maybe not.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    They should alter something on the page to indicate that the gear is mountain or road.

* Mountain gear page accents are often black and blue, friendly and don't whine
    * Road gear accents would be all pastels, snobbish and b!tch incessantly about how difficult the trail is and how fast they could go if they had purchased that $700 saddle that's 21.3 grams lighter...

I'm sure somebody has the HTML chops to pull that off, right?
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baconismidog View Post
    They should alter something on the page to indicate that the gear is mountain or road.

* Mountain gear page accents are often black and blue, friendly and don't whine
    * Road gear accents would be all pastels, snobbish and b!tch incessantly about how difficult the trail is and how fast they could go if they had purchased that $700 saddle that's 21.3 grams lighter...

I'm sure somebody has the HTML chops to pull that off, right?
    Or like this:

"Now that we're finished riding/racing/training, we're getting in our company van and driving away as fast as possible without talking to any of youse."

vs.

"Hey, want a beer?"

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    They post the big rejects from Dept of goods. Quality of products sucks now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyfury View Post
    They post the big rejects from Dept of goods. Quality of products sucks now.
    It's been sucking for the past year now, long before they combined the two sites. Gone are the days of smoking deals on great forks or frames. Now it's racing bibs, inner tubes, shop bowls and gloves in obnoxious colors.

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Louis Garneau. Castelli. LG. Castelli. LG. Castelli.

Need I go on? WTH do we still check?
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I agree, it was better before chainlove combined with bonktown. What is even stranger is I just picked up Magura Marta Mg brakes on realcyclist for less than the chainlove price. Go figure.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yep, I took CL off my browser bookmarks. Don't really understand the "merger."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Yep, I took CL off my browser bookmarks. Don't really understand the "merger."
    I think it's time to delete the little pop-up app for me as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Interesting, I guess you guys all missed last week when there were X0 deraillers and cranksets on super deal?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I saw that, too. The patient is still breathing and there is still life in there. I still monitor the site when I can. Weeks go by before I buy, as opposed to days, before the merger. I used to pile things up with combined shipping. Now, I'm lucky if I can hit the window for combined shipping for additional items. To each his own.

Chamois Dropper
    The merger doesn't make any sense to me. I used to check the site obsessively, but I even deleted the pop up add on. I would think mtb and road guys would benefit more from a specific site. Hopefully the see these threads and reconsider. Sick of looking at bibs, they remind me of a Borat bathing suit...

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    they merged it probably because they don't have enough damn content to have it separated anymore. It's been all downhill for a while now. Maybe they'll drop the entire thing soon.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yeah, they got up to a total of six sites and now down to three: SAC, Chainlove, Whiskey Militia. I remember buying off steepandcheap when it was ONE item per day. You'd get up at midnight (their time) to try to score something before it sold out.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    They also deleted the "forum" feature on CL. Probably because everyone in there was bi#tching about the "merger".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by n74740 View Post
    They also deleted the "forum" feature on CL. Probably because everyone in there was bi#tching about the "merger".
    I've noticed that too.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by older and slower View Post
    Since they combined Bonktown with , there's all this road cr@p. That might be better than all the tee shirts and socks, but maybe not.
    They need to re-do their website.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Right now, they're offering Magura rotors at $10.99 in 160 and 180. Ad states "retail" is $26.
    At Huck and Roll, same rotors, including 203, for $11 each. Says "retail is $22.

Obviously, a roadie is in charge and he thinks we're a bunch of neanderthal, thick skulled MTBers. We may be MTBrs, but we're not dumb.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KVW View Post
    they merged it probably because they don't have enough damn content to have it separated anymore. It's been all downhill for a while now. Maybe they'll drop the entire thing soon.
    Well they cut the time in half too so its twice as much stuff in a day. I don't think.it had as much to do with content as it appears at first glance.

Yes it does suck though. Tons of road crap and rarely anything good on the MTB side.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Since they combined Bonktown with Chainlove, there's all this road cr@p. That might be better than all the tee shirts and socks, but maybe not.
    They have been s*cking for the last months... I kinda of removed them from my 'daily check prices list'... on the other hand if you are, also, into road stuff it may be a good spot.

Linoleum Knife
    Obviously, a roadie is in charge and he thinks we're a bunch of neanderthal, thick skulled MTBers. We may be MTBrs, but we're not dumb.

Nope - just ignorant, intolerant and narrow-minded.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Wetsuits. Women's wetsuits. Presumably for triatheletes, but that's what I saw on chainlove today. They used to have stuff I was interested in. I've purchased multiple times from Chainlove. I understand the roadies' need for a site such as Chainlove, but this was ours and it used to have stuff for us. It doesn't now. It used to be at the top of my most visited sites. It's not now and unless there is a change it never will be again.
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

bog
    mtbr member
    I can't say that I like most of the stuff that's up there and often it is cheaper on RealCyclist or HucknRoll but I still find some great deals on there. Two weeks ago I picked up some Oakley Jawbones with photochromic lenses for $129 and recently picked up some cool Louis Garneau gloves for my kids.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I pretty much quit looking, tired of the same womans roadbike outfits on there over and over.

mtbr member
    Lotsa road gears but X0 shifters, X7 shifters and cranks have been popping up a ton, along with some lights.

I even got aced out of a POC Trabec for $89 on there a week or two ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast