Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HTFU!

Niner Carbon Fork

Just bought a Vana White for $338 yesterday, free shipping. I looked today and they say '0' available. Looks like they still have the Carbon one available for $338. These go used on ebay for much more than that.
    Niner Carbon 29" fork carbon UD

HTFU!
    Never Mind.
    Just got an email from Cycle Club Sports saying they are out of stock and $'s refunded. Went to CS West bikes for $379. Not a smokin' deal, but better than waiting for another to show up on ebay just to miss out...again.

mtbr member
    Just buy a chinese one on ebay for half the price. Where it's coming from anyway.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qdawgg View Post
    Just buy a chinese one on ebay for half the price. Where it's coming from anyway.
    exactly, they are like $130 shipped.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Although I'm for trying out the Chinese carbon offerings had I not already own a White Brothers Rock Solid, what are folks doing as far as painting/color matching their carbon forks? I probably would keep it bare, but for the OP who ordered a white Niner fork, how would he go about painting the no-brand one white?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Although I'm for trying out the Chinese carbon offerings had I not already own a White Brothers Rock Solid, what are folks doing as far as painting/color matching their carbon forks? I probably would keep it bare, but for the OP who ordered a white Niner fork, how would he go about painting the no-brand one white?
    I bought a frame about a year ago and didn't get it painted but I know if you search around a little you can get a custom paint job for almost nothing. If you look on the 29 board under the chinese 29er bikes you will see some people who had their bikes custom painted and they came out really nice.

Just a matter of searching a little for a company that will do that and having a little patience. Most reviews from people say there weren't too many problems but you are sometimes dealing with a little language barrier and time zone difference.

Not trying to push chinese stuff either, just throwing that out there as an option since I know some people went that route. I put a Reba on my carbon bike so it's not something I directly have done.

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
    exactly, they are like $130 shipped.
    With the exception of the Hylix fork, all the 'chinese' forks seem to have tapered head tubes, but regardless, I have seen too many broken ebay carbon frames...so I am going with the Niner (and it's warranty)...it will match both my Niner frames nicely.
    As far as painting a carbon fork, you can rattle can it...they have done great things with modern spray paint.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I got a Niner carbon folk 1 1/8 about 3 wks ago for $199 shipped. Keep an eye out.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by snellvilleGAbiker View Post
    I got a Niner carbon folk 1 1/8 about 3 wks ago for $199 shipped. Keep an eye out.
    Muther F&@%# Damnit!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B. View Post
    With the exception of the Hylix fork, all the 'chinese' forks seem to have tapered head tubes, but regardless, I have seen too many broken ebay carbon frames...so I am going with the Niner (and it's warranty)...it will match both my Niner frames nicely.
    As far as painting a carbon fork, you can rattle can it...they have done great things with modern spray paint.
    you see a lot of broken ebay carbon frames where you live? I believe theres been 4-5 reported in the thread here, which isn't bad since they've been around for 3 years. I'm curious if I wanted to paint part of my chiner frame what prep I'd need to do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
    you see a lot of broken ebay carbon frames where you live? I believe theres been 4-5 reported in the thread here, which isn't bad since they've been around for 3 years. I'm curious if I wanted to paint part of my chiner frame what prep I'd need to do.
    I was going to say the same thing. I watch 2 threads on here about carbon chinese frames and only remember seeing 3 cracked frames. One of the threads is 165 pages long. I've seen more cracked name brand bikes as chinese bikes. Although, if the niner deal was $199 compared to $130(ish) for chinese brand, I would always go with the little more expensive name brand one. Just not going to do it for 2 times the cost, even more when comparing frames.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I remember seeing thoseTang forks on Jenson for $199 a couple weeks ago. Guess that's all they had left. Then a few days later, I see a listing on eBay, seller was something like "theFlip" or something close to that. Over 10 available all Tang listed at $350. Checked in a couple times on his auction, and he already sold a majority of them. Maybe it was a coincidence, but still had me thinking.

banned
    Dec 2006
    from ebay?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I've had a 26" "Exotic" carbon fork for 6 years now. Got it on ebay for ~$120 back then. It's solid stuff - totally Chinese.
    =====
    bacon (is my dog)
    http://www.sbtec.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gridtalker View Post
    from ebay?
    Probably Jenson. I picked up a 1 1/8" nude for $199 from Jenson around a month ago. Had a promo code so it was $179 shipped. Seemed like they were blowing them out. I'd definitely keep an eye out. I saw the sale in a thread here actually.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Eugene_ View Post
    Probably Jenson. I picked up a 1 1/8" nude for $199 from Jenson around a month ago. Had a promo code so it was $179 shipped. Seemed like they were blowing them out. I'd definitely keep an eye out. I saw the sale in a thread here actually.
    I got it from Jenson also. But i did not have the code. I did not know Jenson have any coupon code. Anyway, i have been looking at this folk for a while and when Jenson had it, i grabbed one. Yeah, the Tang one. And no, i am not the guy from ebay who "flip" So just you eyes open and some good deal will pop up. It took me like 6 months of waiting for a deal to pop up. Good luck bro.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by qdawgg View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. I watch 2 threads on here about carbon chinese frames and only remember seeing 3 cracked frames. One of the threads is 165 pages long. I've seen more cracked name brand bikes as chinese bikes. Although, if the niner deal was $199 compared to $130(ish) for chinese brand, I would always go with the little more expensive name brand one. Just not going to do it for 2 times the cost, even more when comparing frames.
    Yeah, there are the ones that people posted about on mtbr and then more locally, there was a guy who posted a thread on the local forum in the Triangle area about his ebay bike build. He was all excited showing off his blingy build, and just like on a thread here, a lot of people posted up with questions, praise, admiration, and the desire to be kept posted. The OP was active on the thread, for a while. A week or so after he was to use it in a race (a race I was also in), I saw his bike in a bike shop, broken. I went back to the thread with a new post asking how the bike is holding up. I was curious if he would let everyone know what happened...nothing, he never responded. I guess he was embarrassed. I am sure there are others like him.

Though I believe those frames are not as reliable as the 'name brand' frames, I am sure they are fine the majority of the time; after all, you can find pics of many 'name brand' frames busted. This is partly why I currently own bikes made of aluminum, scandium, titanium and steel, but not carbon. Sure, I owned a Superfly for a couple weeks (before selling it) but just could not get myself to own a carbon frame. For full disclosure, for a few months, I had an ebay carbon fork for my 26" SS (likely a pic or two of it somewhere on the forum from a couple years back). Regardless, I am getting a Niner Fork even if the ebay forks were $100. With bike purchases, I buy what I want when I can afford it, or when my wife pisses me off. It really is that simple. What's that? You have a headache on my birthday? BAM! new Niner Carbon Fork. What's that? you want to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas with YOUR family??? BAM! new Racing Ralphs. It really is that simple.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B. View Post
    ... when my wife pisses me off. It really is that simple. What's that? You have a headache on my birthday? BAM! new Niner Carbon Fork. What's that? you want to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas with YOUR family??? BAM! new Racing Ralphs. It really is that simple.
    hahahahaha
    It's not often I actually laugh at forum posts, but this is funny. As good a reason for upgrades as any.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I got it from Jenson also. But i did not have the code. I did not know Jenson have any coupon code. Anyway, i have been looking at this folk for a while and when Jenson had it, i grabbed one. Yeah, the Tang one. And no, i am not the guy from ebay who "flip" So just you eyes open and some good deal will pop up. It took me like 6 months of waiting for a deal to pop up. Good luck bro.

My promo code was for being a first time customer so any new customers might check their promo codes to see if they have one if you make any kind of purchase.

Candlestick Maker
    On One has some good deals on carbon forks (26 and 29, tapered and straight). I have the older style straight 29" on one carbon fork and it has held up fine...

Frames and Forks
    baker

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    My Chinese, tapered, 3k matte-finish fork was $111 shipped. This is my 3rd one. I sold the second one (it was 130 shipped), then the price went down so I bought another one. I will probably buy another one. I have a Chinese carbon frame/fork AND a Chinese Ti. I'm not 'whistling in the graveyard' with these products anymore than I would be with 'branded' products. If the things fall apart and I live to tell, I will only imagine that whatever caused it could've/would've caused the branded frame to do the same. I'm not passionate about others' choice one way or the other; do what you feel best about doing. If you can save some money and get what you really want, good on ya'. If you want to brave riding Chinese goods, good on ya' as well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by expostdelirium View Post
    My Chinese, tapered, 3k matte-finish fork was $111 shipped. This is my 3rd one. I sold the second one (it was 130 shipped), then the price went down so I bought another one. I will probably buy another one. I have a Chinese carbon frame/fork AND a Chinese Ti. I'm not 'whistling in the graveyard' with these products anymore than I would be with 'branded' products. If the things fall apart and I live to tell, I will only imagine that whatever caused it could've/would've caused the branded frame to do the same. I'm not passionate about others' choice one way or the other; do what you feel best about doing. If you can save some money and get what you really want, good on ya'. If you want to brave riding Chinese goods, good on ya' as well.
    I want to try one.

Link please. thanks
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Subscribed. I saw the Jenson deal for $200 and almost pulled the trigger, but thought ought not to and now I'm kicking myself. I might go the ebay carbon route.

Where is the best place to go for carbon 1 1/8 straight 9mm QR with disc tabs?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    20% off at backcountry.com...

Free 2-day shipping.
    2012 Cannondale Supersix Evo 2 /// 2000 Ritchey Swiss Cross

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Here's the niner on Jenson's site. Only Tang available now.
    Niner Carbon Fiber Fork 2011 > Components > Forks | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast