mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Newbe here hoping to have some of the best deals on a few "inherited parts"

Hi
    I'm Hank. Just registered so that I can post to classifieds. I "inherited" some bike parts and am in the process of sorting them out to sell. This looked like a better place to go to sell them than on e-bay. I'll be posting today and as I gather more more needed info on the parts. Parts include 2 "campy" 170 cranks, 2 Sugino super shifter chainrings a specialized 175 b4 crank and assorted hardware. I intend to post these for REASONABLE offers. I'm not out to screw anyone, nor do I want to get screwed myself. I just want to pass along these items at fair prices and have both parties feel good about it at the end of the day. That's how I like to do business.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Well, now that I started the process of posting a classified and see that there is a cost for each ad, I'm having to stop to rethink this. I'm not really interested in investing money just to find out if there is an interest. So, if you think you might be interested in what I listed in first post, you can e-mail me at hankspringer@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'm posting these items on Craigs List, Monterey, Ca, under bicycles. As noted, I am taking offers

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: Newbe here hoping to have some of the best deals on a few "inherited parts"

And a good day to you sir! I too have fortuitously found myself in possession of a trove of highly valued bicycle components, a term i hesitate to use as it is such common parlance that it does not adequately portray the illustrious nature of these bicycle fragments. Nay! I search furtively for a noun which accordingly appropriates the remarkable constitution of these elemental constituents of successful human powered two wheel conveyance.

As the reader is surely now deep in the throws of a dangerous euphoria of anticipation i will now gladly divulge these units! I have, in my possession, in fine condition, and ready for sale, TWO 15 gauge spoke wrenches of unnamed brand but of high quality, ONE mildly used Cannondale bicycling shoe, (the left shoe in fact) suitable for mountain biking and equipped with a shimano cleat, and, a NEW derailleur cable with housing.

As the esteemed proprietors of this digital establishment have prohibited the direct linking of sale items on classified sites, i have listed these for sale on an online free classified web location, which should be well known to all but whose name shall not be mentioned here. They are available for sale now, i am accepting REASONABLE offers for these valuable accoutrements, and they are ready for your pickup at my place of residence in Alturas, a brief one hour drive north of Susanville,Ca.
    Last edited by Procter; 09-28-2013 at 10:33 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hi, wondering if you will take $50. for the left shoe? Will you be available to show said shoe late tonight(will be driving all day from Santa Cruz to see if it fits)? Can you recommend a good motel in the area as it will be late and I will drive home the next morning.
    Thanks, Dave

> /dev/null 2&>1
    I accept your price sir! I find this to be a fair offer, such that both parties should be sufficiently satisfied with the exchange. Might I recommend the Stagecoach Motel in Nevada City as a good stopping point, at roughly the halfway distance on your travels. I know the owner, he is a good man, although loquacious and prone to extended stories of outlandish happenings in the gold country.

midnight skulker
    Could you kindly send word to Old Man Festus for me, he lives by the big bend in the river on the way. He's kin, and I ain't seen him in a sure long time. If that shoe don't fit too good, you might just get it anyway. Festus is might good with the doctor stuff, and might could relieve you of a toe or two to help improve the fit. Tel him ma is fine.
    Boy, are my parents gonna be pissed.

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: Newbe here hoping to have some of the best deals on a few "inherited parts"

Would that be Rutherford Samuel Festus? Ay, a gifted practioner of the medical arts. His tonic relieved me of a painful rash, in a region i shall not speak of, picked up from a disreputable lass in a saloon in Frisco before i was shaghaied off to a big rigger for 6mos. When i returned to land i was convinced i would lose my own precious cargo permanently. Ah those were different days . . . of such simple worries, before the great war.
    ------------------------------------------------
    They're justified and they're ancient and they like to roam the land