Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

New AEBike.com feature: Daily Deal

Hello folks,
    Hopefully this isn't inappropriate to post here, just trying to get the word out.
    We at AEBike.com have started a new feature, the daily deal. Roughly every weekday we will pick a popular product from our catalog and offer it at an extremely low price, even far below our normally low prices. At the moment we have a killer price on a Cateye Astrale cycle-computer.
    The deal can always be accessed at this link: http://www.aebike.com/get/deal/
    Happy shopping!
    CS
    AEBike

Freshly Fujified

Great idea

Very nice bonus from a company that already has good prices and excellent customer service.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    They do have good deals and located close to me, however I find their website to be cumbersome sometimes. Wouldn't stop me from buying, just some feedback.

Which way? Uphill.
    Great idea, the $7.50 shipping to me will probably kill the deal most of the time for me though.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    It's 7.50 for the first item, 75cents for each additional item. So just buy lots!
    Check back in a couple hours for a great deal on some 26" studded tires.

Which way? Uphill.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelluk42
    It's 7.50 for the first item, 75cents for each additional item. So just buy lots!
    Check back in a couple hours for a great deal on some 26" studded tires.
    Good to here about the shipping if I buy multiples. Thanks for the heads up on the studded tires, I'm gonna have to pick some of those up.

Man, this is not going to be good for my bank account.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

Nothing here
    Get a RSS feed. That way it'll be easy for us to find out what deal is going on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Post deleted - no longer relevant
    Last edited by nelluk42; 10-31-2006 at 07:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

RSS Feed now active

Thanks to your suggestion I have now implemented an RSS feed for the daily deal. You can find the link to it at the deal page, http://www.aebike.com/get/deal/

Thanks!
    Cullen
    AEBike.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The RSS link doesn't seem to be working?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hmm, thanks for the feedback. Could you do me a favor and tell me what browser and operating system you are using? I'd appreciate it so I can get this dialed in.
    Thanks!

Nothing here
    It works for me. I'm using Firefox. Great!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm using Firefox as well. When I click on the RSS icon I get a page that has this on the top:

"
    This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. "

Then there is bunch of stuff below that that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Hope that helps, I really want to get the RSS feed so I don't forget to check everyday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hmm, you're probably using Firefox 1.5. A couple of suggestions:
    1 - Upgrade to Firefox 2.0, which was released last week (getfirefox.com). FF2 has much more robust RSS support and should 'just work'
    2 - Install a feed reader plugin to your firefox. I use Wiz RSS ( http://www.wizzcomputers.com/Welcome.php ). Viewing the feed should work fine on that, and it'll work better than what firefox comes with for your other feeds.

I think I know how to make my feed work with 1.5 but i'm not sure if its feasible for me to do, I'll investigate a little.

Thanks!
    Cullen

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Use the best browser!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks, I've been meaning to upgrade to FF2. That's what I'll do!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hope this works for everyone else. Make sure you check todays deal, which I think is our best yet.
    A package of six 700x23-25c presta road tubes, only $8 ($12.25 shipped if you don't buy anything else)

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The "Daily Deal" is a misnomer. It should be called the "Twice Weekly Deal". I notice they only put something new up once or maybe twice a week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    This is not true at all. I have put up a new deal every week day since we started. They usually go up around 1:30pm EST, I'm working on the next one now, which will be our 14th deal since we started.
    Are you checking it via the RSS feed? If so, let me know and I'll investigate and see if it is not updating.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Yes, I have been checking your RSS feed. Everyday I check Woot, SAC, and aebike. Woot changes everyday. SAC changes multiple times a day. And aebike changes once or twice a week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Can you let me know what you use as your RSS reader?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    IE version 6. Windows XP.

mtbr member
    hey, nelluk42/aebike! Could you tell me what model year is the Shimano Hone crankset (both 170 and 175mm) you have in your web store? How come it cannot be purchased online? Also, is it really darl gray and not black? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Hi djork
    Please email us at the main email address on our site and I will try to answer your questions.

Also, can anyone else confirm whether or not the RSS feed works consistently for them? I have tried it using three different readers, and only one of them is having problems updating it frequently, and I'm having trouble finding any tech support for this on the web, posted in all the RSS forums I can find.

EDR

... and if we just ...

Nelluk42....i've added the RSS and I would gladly buy whatever the daily special is IF you can get me a Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.35 UST tire!!!! Just say you have one and I'll call you in 5 minutes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast