mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Need Tallboy LT Frame / 29er 142mm tubless wheels

Anyone even know where to look for a Santa Cruz Tallboy LT (Carbon or Aluminum) frame deal ? I know some folks make up for the fixed price by giving a deal on wheels or parts so I'm flexible. I was going to piece the components together but if the whole bike kits are just plain cheaper, I'll go that way.

I do need wheels and if I get the carbon, would like a set of 29er tubeless with the 142x12 rear, 15mm front. There are tons of wheel deals out there but seemingly few with 142mm rear. I'd love to find a set built with DT 350 hubs. There are so many rear axle options now it makes finding the right combo tough.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I doubt you will find a deal on a brand new bike that has barely even gotten to the stores. If you do let us know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    When I was shopping for my Tallboy it seemed like most of the LBS I contacted would do roughly 10% off, not sure if this would be the same for the LT. I ended up buying from Speedgoat when they had 15% off goatnotes back in March. I'm not sure how often they do that or what your purchase timeline is but you might luck out that way.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I thought SC wasn't offering it as a frame until the initial orders had been filled?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    I thought SC wasn't offering it as a frame until the initial orders had been filled?
    That's correct but they are taking orders. I think they should be shipping next month (that's what I'm told).

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Gotcha. Good luck in your hunt. Looks to be a fun bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Speed Goat was a good suggestion. No discount on the bike but they do have a program where you can get a coupon for future stuff. Better than nothing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Talk to Chad at Red Barn Bikes. He's carrying SC now. Had him just finish a quote on a LTc.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke