( )
    Nov 2004

Nashbar's 72/72/72 sale

Was anyone able to get in on the 72% off 72 items for 72 hourse sale at Nashbar?
    Within minutes of receiving the promotional email, I put purchased some outerwear for 72% off. I told a friend and he did the same thing. But when we received our shipping notices, Nashbar said the 72% off items were discontinued. WHile I can see it being possible that things moved quick, i find it suspect that both of us, buying completely different things in different sizes got shut out. I also don't like the fact that Nashbar shipped my order anyway, so I ended up paying $7 in shipping for some cheap gloves and chain lube. Just wondering if anyone was actually able to get the 72% off stuff.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by steevo
    Was anyone able to get in on the 72% off 72 items for 72 hourse sale at Nashbar?
    Within minutes of receiving the promotional email, I put purchased some outerwear for 72% off. I told a friend and he did the same thing. But when we received our shipping notices, Nashbar said the 72% off items were discontinued. WHile I can see it being possible that things moved quick, i find it suspect that both of us, buying completely different things in different sizes got shut out. I also don't like the fact that Nashbar shipped my order anyway, so I ended up paying $7 in shipping for some cheap gloves and chain lube. Just wondering if anyone was actually able to get the 72% off stuff.
    I recieved 72% off on some things I ordered but not all

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I bought one of the garneau jackets that were ~$16 on friday, got the shipping confirmation email yesterday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nashbar seems to be pulling a lot more "fast ones" lately. They recently advertised a set of Alta Race wheels for $200 - which is a great deal. After ordering the wheels and receiving an email confirmation another email was sent a few days later saying that the order was cancelled because they no longer have the wheels. Then that same day I received their mail order catalog which advertised those same wheels, but now at a higher price.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lml1x
    Nashbar seems to be pulling a lot more "fast ones" lately. They recently advertised a set of Alta Race wheels for $200 - which is a great deal. After ordering the
    Anyone that's found the 'great' deals at Nashbar has probably had a similar experience. Same with returned items. Best way to ensure you'll get what they say is to call on the phone, since what's online isn't a live inventory. I think it's understandable. Just frustrating when a 'great' item was the reason you placed an order, and you're left with the little stuff you didn't really need but got because shipping was going to be free anyways.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nashbar is getting weird. Their component stock of basic stuff like chains, chainrings and cassettes is non-existent. It's almost impossible to throw enough stuff together for an order because their website has so few items.

TranceX Rider
    Hi! What's up with the coupon code? Anyone knows it? TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatienza
    There was no need to scare potential buyers and burn bridges "buddy"
    Tell me now, what's Product testing all bout then?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    yeah I tried to order something on clearance a few weeks ago, and whenever I had this clearance item in my cart, the checkout would mysteriously not work. this continued over a few days and tech support said they were trying to sort it out. maybe legit, but kinda sketchy