Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    860

    Nashbar & XT785 brakes ?

    Does anyone know how often Nashbar raises & lowers their prices? I've been watching the XT785 brakes and the price goes from $111.99 up to $115.99 every other week or so. If that's normal, I can wait a few more weeks but if it can just stop & prices go up, I may need to jump on them NOW.

    Also, are they quick about shipping, returns, etc.? I usually order from Universal Cycles or Price Point, depending on who has the better deal.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,933
    here's another option.
    BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano XT M785 IceTech Disc Brake w/Adapter

    free shipping too i think,
    i have more than you.
    ...because i have me and you.

    zarr

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    106
    I got them for 102 with free shipping cheapest I've seen from nashbar

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    215

    Re: Nashbar & XT785 brakes ?

    Quote Originally Posted by shoal View Post
    I got them for 102 with free shipping cheapest I've seen from nashbar

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    +1

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    860
    Damn! I'll keep watching & pull the trigger next month. Maybe they'll lower the price again. I've checked them a few times going back 3-4 months but $111 is the lowest price I've seen.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,933
    once they busout that 20 or 30% off...snap 'em up.
    i have more than you.
    ...because i have me and you.

    zarr

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr View Post
    once they busout that 20 or 30% off...snap 'em up.
    Any clue how often they do the 20%-30% off deal? The brakes are back up to $115.99 so I'll just keep watching...

    Guess I should check to see if they have a newsletter to sign up for incase they send out discount codes.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    316

    Re: Nashbar & XT785 brakes ?

    Unless you really want the free stroke adjustment and bling just save yourself the 40 or so bux and get the slx. Same brakes...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by bitewerks View Post
    Any clue how often they do the 20%-30% off deal? The brakes are back up to $115.99 so I'll just keep watching...

    Guess I should check to see if they have a newsletter to sign up for incase they send out discount codes.
    Or quit futzing over $10-$20 and just buy them from Bluesky already. Those Nashbar deals usually exclude Shimano products anyways. What's the difference between $102 brakes with free shipping and $99 brakes with $15 shipping? $11 bucks. If you're that concerned about pennies, get the SLX as mentioned.

    Edit: The XT brakes are $99 at bluesky. The set is $198, plus $12 shipping. Total: $210

    Or wait around and hope to match the $102 free shipping deal from Nashbar and save a whopping $6.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by irv_usc View Post
    Unless you really want the free stroke adjustment and bling just save yourself the 40 or so bux and get the slx. Same brakes...
    I woud buy SLX but I conn not find SLX rear for any reasonable price.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    860
    Only the silver is $99 at Blue Sky. I need 180mmw/74mm PM so that is $129 in black. I have a few other things I need so saving as much as I can, where I can so it isn't "futzing" to me. Whatever the hell futzing is...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,888
    You should look futzing up. It's the perfect word to describe when we bikers spend lots of time and energy price matching and price checking and web surfing just to save $5 while we ride crappy brakes. Hey, sorry if I came off too harsh before. Everybody likes to save a buck. I assume you've seen this thread: deals on SLX or XT brakes

    If not, check it out. In the last year or so, the cheapest anybody is getting these brakes is for around $200 per set. That's with a coupon and ordering from the UK. The Nashbar deal may show up, but as I mentioned earlier, the Nashbar coupons exclude Shimano most of the time. Point being, I wouldn't wait around weeks or months for something that can be had nearly as cheap right now. And if money was that much of a concern to me, I'd just buy SLX and take the $60 I saved and use it on other parts.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    52
    I bought SLX front from Bluesky for 70 and XT rear from eBay for a 100 with free shipping. So I guess I got a better deal then most of the people. And i do ride a crappy bike with upgrades that cost more then the new bike.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Zilcho View Post
    I bought SLX front from Bluesky for 70 and XT rear from eBay for a 100 with free shipping. So I guess I got a better deal then most of the people. And i do ride a crappy bike with upgrades that cost more then the new bike.
    Nope, you got the going rate for one SLX brake and one XT brake as found in these threads. And I'm sure you're much happier with your brakes and would have been plenty happy paying $10 more for them.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    52

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Nope, you got the going rate for one SLX brake and one XT brake as found in these threads. And I'm sure you're much happier with your brakes and would have been plenty happy paying $10 more for them.
    Dang it, I thought i've hit a jackpot.
    But your right. I was upgrading from tecro novellas. Did the front first, as old one was not strong enough. Was so impressed with it that I bought a rear right away too. Could not find rear SLX for less than 100, but found rear XT for that price.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Zilcho View Post
    Dang it, I thought i've hit a jackpot.
    But your right. I was upgrading from tecro novellas. Did the front first, as old one was not strong enough. Was so impressed with it that I bought a rear right away too. Could not find rear SLX for less than 100, but found rear XT for that price.
    Well, upgrading bikes is fun, and so is looking for deals. I've upgraded a few bikes, and I always learned a lot about parts. Another thing I learned is that it's ok to find out somebody got a part cheaper than I did.

    El Zilcho, you may be a good person to compare the difference between SLX and XT for the OP. Most often, riders want the stronger breaking power on the front of their bikes. Do you feel like you can tell a huge difference between SLX and XT? I've only ridden SLX, and they were plenty good for my needs.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    21

    Nashbar & XT785 brakes ?

    It seems like you could find front or rears on eBay for $100 each.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Swerny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Or quit futzing over $10-$20 and just buy them from Bluesky already. Those Nashbar deals usually exclude Shimano products anyways. What's the difference between $102 brakes with free shipping and $99 brakes with $15 shipping? $11 bucks. If you're that concerned about pennies, get the SLX as mentioned.

    Edit: The XT brakes are $99 at bluesky. The set is $198, plus $12 shipping. Total: $210

    Or wait around and hope to match the $102 free shipping deal from Nashbar and save a whopping $6.
    quoted for truth
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,888
    As of today, Chainreactioncycles has these brakes for $102.99. Free shipping too I believe.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    860
    Nashbar is having free shipping for 2 days but they charge tax in TX so I wouldn't be saving as much as I thought.

    Anyway, I ordered the rear brake from Universal Cycles. Shipping was $2.99 so ended up saving a few bucks over Nashbar.

    Good thing I was able to save quite a bit on the rotors by ordering on eBay (I've looked at brakes there too but most are either shipping from Hong Kong or hoses have been cut).

  21. #21
    Warrior's Society
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by bitewerks View Post
    Nashbar is having free shipping for 2 days but they charge tax in TX so I wouldn't be saving as much as I thought.

    Anyway, I ordered the rear brake from Universal Cycles. Shipping was $2.99 so ended up saving a few bucks over Nashbar.

    Good thing I was able to save quite a bit on the rotors by ordering on eBay (I've looked at brakes there too but most are either shipping from Hong Kong or hoses have been cut).


    With the Free Shipping from Nashbar.....it could take 7-10 days to get your order. Way too slow compared to other E-tailers.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

Similar Threads

  1. Finally! Bashguard for XT785 Double! (and sram double)
    By dogdaysunrise in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 08:06 PM
  2. XT785 double chinrings on 770 triple cranks
    By carlhulit in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 02:44 AM
  3. replacement brake lines for shimano xt785
    By RetroKlein in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 12:09 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 07:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •