Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Nashbar - free shipping

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  n74740 
#1 ·
#2 ·
be wary of nashbar and their lack of credit card protection/encryption. few years back a ton of consumer credit numbers and information was hacked from the. just google it ad you can read about it. last year I ordered from them and i started to find fraudulant charges appearing on the card i used thru them. I am 100% sure it was on their end since I only used that card with Nashbar and no where else. it was some sort of paypal scam thru them even though i do not have a paypal acct. i pay alot more attention to the security measures on-line websites/stores have since then and will only order from trusted sites. i know that hackers could still hack, but i trust other companies encryption procedures/software rather than nashbars lack of. i know nashbar has fantastic deals, but buyer beware. i won't be ordering from them anytime soon.

#5 ·
Nashbar has 15% off and free shipping (except oversize/overweight). I was looking to pick up the Feedback Sports Pro Truing stand whcih I've price searched recently and hadn't seen below $89.99, however I think a lot of people don't realize Nashbar will charge tax to ALL of these states (I'm in IL): AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN,MD, MI, NC, NM, OH, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV.

Anyway, long story short, I used the chat function on Backcountry.com and was able to price match with free shipping and no tax within a couple minutes out the door. Just FYI if you're in one of those states and looking for a deal from Nashbar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.