mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Upset Nashbar CC#s taken!!

Received a letter from Nashbar today saying their web servers had been compromised and customers info taken. Checked my credit card statement and sure enough I've been hit for about 800.00, check your statements if you've ordered from them, Good Luck

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You might want to check out this tread: NOT @ Nashbar ! More Fraudulent Credit Card Charges

56-year-old teenager
    Aug 2006
    At least they're finally acknowledging the problem. Bummer for their customers though.
    Work is the curse of the biking classes.

mtbr member
    Luckily my credit cards had been closed prior to their notification. However, they did send me a very nice letter appologizing for the unfortunate situation and offering me 30% off my next putchase. I asked for a price match on a rear der that was about 35% above the Competitive Cyclist price and told they couldn''t honor the discount. Really sorry, twice. I gave the sale to CC. Geeze.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    mmm nice to hear you got a response..i've been charged, complained to them, and yet not a single response.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yeah, I got the letter from Nashbar also, thing is looking through my receipts the only thing I ever ordered from them was from 2005. I am not sure what credit card I used and the receipt, unfortunately does not list the last four digits like some do. SO at this point i don't know what card to watch?

John

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TiCain
    Received a letter from Nashbar today saying their web servers had been compromised and customers info taken. Checked my credit card statement and sure enough I've been hit for about 800.00, check your statements if you've ordered from them, Good Luck
    Oh man, that's harsh. Is your CC working with you, or dragging their feet?

Surely some complaints can go to Visa/MC about Nashbar's pitiful response to this.

Bicycle repairman
    I got the letter yesterday which solved a big mystery how someone bought some computer stuff on my CC and about the same time my wife's bank account got cleaned out. (This was around mid-April) We closed both accounts and got everything squared away fairly easily but it was a major inconvenience. I was blaming Amazon.com but now we know who is really to blame.
    Too many bikes!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I went through this same crap three months ago with my debit card, Suntrust sent me a letter about info being stolen. I checked my statement online and sure enough a bunch of bad charges, this credit card was also issued by Suntrust so hopefully it gets taken care of quickly.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I got lucky since my card company refused a charge for plane tickets to France (after honoring a minor purchase), and cancelled my card. The manner in which Nashbar is handling THEIR problem is reprehensible since, I think, they knew about the incidents long before they acknowledged them. I've always eschewed this manner of redress, but anyone for class action?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fos'l
    I got lucky since my card company refused a charge for plane tickets to France (after honoring a minor purchase), and cancelled my card. The manner in which Nashbar is handling THEIR problem is reprehensible since, I think, they knew about the incidents long before they acknowledged them. I've always eschewed this manner of redress, but anyone for class action?

if you got experience with the process. i'm down.

normally i wouldn't care. but it seems like they just need to get the message that you can't do business this way (and handle mistakes like they did)

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I've never been involved in class action, but this situation pisses me off. Anybody know a class action attorney? Also, there are threads on other sites (socaltrailriders that I know of) with potential "participants".

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I also got an 800ish charge on my cc, after I bought a saddle from them. I thought it was chainreactioncycle, becasue the charge was in sweden. Anyway I had citibank canceled that card and sent me a new one, major hassle.

I'm tempted with that 30% discount that they offer in the letter. Anyone thinking of using it? Or should I stay away from nashbar for good...?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Since you have Citibank, use their virtual credit card service. It's free and you can look up instructions on their website.

56-year-old teenager
    Aug 2006
    I got the letter yesterday. I don't think I've seen any bogus charges lately. The one bank card I still use was recently replaced, so I hope I'm good.
    Work is the curse of the biking classes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    [QUOTE=Committee-X]I also got an 800ish charge on my cc, after I bought a saddle from them. I thought it was chainreactioncycle, becasue the charge was in sweden.QUOTE]

I had the same thing. Mine was a small charge for something overseas. Luckily I monitor my card online almost daily and cancelled it before they got any big charges through.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ffc3
    Since you have Citibank, use their virtual credit card service. It's free and you can look up instructions on their website.
    Hey that's not a bad idea, I didn't know you can do that with credit card.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Where the hell's an attorney when you need one? I would think that the number of incidents would make this situation economically feasible, or am I wrong?

human dehumidifier
    Looks like maybe Marzocchi's cc clearing house has been compromised. I used my AMEX card there last month, first time I've used it in about a year, then this morning, an email from AMEX to say I've got a fraudulent charge on my account. Card canceled, shredded, and a new one on the way

FWIW the charge was from ADD2NET.
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    Looks like maybe Marzocchi's cc clearing house has been compromised. I used my AMEX card there last month, first time I've used it in about a year, then this morning, an email from AMEX to say I've got a fraudulent charge on my account. Card canceled, shredded, and a new one on the way

FWIW the charge was from ADD2NET.
    Wow that sucks

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

No good

Three months ago a bunch of phony Charges showed up on my card.

Itunes, Aci Bery Book of the Month club, Buinness cards, vitamin of the month club... the list goes on.

Even though my bank paid off the original charges some $85. I'm getting threating letters from the GNS company that says I owe them $85 for a product I never bough. I just got the BCOM2 (book of the month) charges before and even I switched over to a new card they all stopped but Book of the month club somehow kept charging me. UGH!!! I Had no idea how this had happen!! Then I got a letter from Nashbar explaining how their website was hacked ,obviously its site software was not upto date. I'm still dealing with threating letters and this crap is going on my near spotless credit report Thanks NASHBAR!!
    Such a head-ache!! Never shopping NASHBAR AGAIN!.