mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Nashbar and Canada

I just found out that Nashbar only uses Fed-Ex to ship to Canada, which of course means obscene Brokerage charges.
    They made this change without notice, and when you select shipping to Canada it says "Canada Mail" which to me implies mail. Not courier. But in several e-mails to both a Kim and Cindy they are unwilling to compromise or negotiate, even though this is definitely a screw-up on their part.

It looks like Nashbar not only has lost another customer, but an entire country.

Anytime. Anywhere.

Hold on

Quote Originally Posted by glanz
    I just found out that Nashbar only uses Fed-Ex to ship to Canada, which of course means obscene Brokerage charges.
    They made this change without notice, and when you select shipping to Canada it says "Canada Mail" which to me implies mail. Not courier. But in several e-mails to both a Kim and Cindy they are unwilling to compromise or negotiate, even though this is definitely a screw-up on their part.

It looks like Nashbar not only has lost another customer, but an entire country.
    Lsat year I bought a frame and parts from Jenson and they would only send it Fed-Ex to Halifax. It was such a good deal I went ahead and paid $60 US for shipping and brokerage fees. The brokerage was included in the $60 US, which suprised me and then I ended up paying GST only enen though I was in NS with the HST. Look into this further before you give up.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
    Lsat year I bought a frame and parts from Jenson and they would only send it Fed-Ex to Halifax. It was such a good deal I went ahead and paid $60 US for shipping and brokerage fees. The brokerage was included in the $60 US, which suprised me and then I ended up paying GST only enen though I was in NS with the HST. Look into this further before you give up.
    Jenson uses Fedex International Priority which includes brokerage charges. The same goes for people shipping by UPS, if you ship via UPS Worldwide Expedited / Express there's no brokerage charges.

If I had a large order, I'd order through Jenson. But Nashbar was particularly good for smaller sub $200 orders due to their frequent coupon offerings.

But if they're only shipping via Fedex ground, it is totally not worth my time or any savings I WOULD have had purchasing an order through them.

I think Pricepoint and Cambria are the only ones now (At least that I know of.) that ship USPS. It's a shame, I found Nashbar quite good the few times I ordered from them.