Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MTBR Relationships

769 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tualmbr 
#1 ·
I posted this in the apparel forum and got no replies - then realized I posted in the wrong forum - so here goes:

When I first bought my car - I joined the local Car Club. No membership fees, no monthly meetings - just a bunch of people who helped each other because they all had the same type of ca. The club had relationships with certain vendors - anyone from the club put in the discount code for the vendor the relationship was with.. Very simple.

I have yet to see such an established relationship with MTBR members - I have even been shocked at the arrogance of a couple higher brand name vendors attitudes regarding pricing..

What is the disconnect ?

#2 ·
As someone who has also been in the car scene, that's a great question. Not sure what the answer is! On IMBA's half i would say that there's no real way to verify membership that i'm aware of (e.g. if I go to Jenson USA and put in my IMBA member number...how would they check it?).

But i'm just spitballing. That's something that would be nice to see change.

#3 ·
Porch - It would be "nice" to have a way to verify - but would it be "needed" - not really. When I put in my orders with the vendor of choice for my car club - they were plenty happy that they were getting my money instead of a competitor - they never hassled me to verify membership - they did encourage me to tell others about the special pricing and thanked me for the order!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.