Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MTBdiscount.com Worth the visit.

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  unaware 
#1 ·
Check this site out for sweet deals. I recently had to rebuild my drive train and ordered my replacement parts from mtbdiscount.com. I got quality parts and quick service. This website has a nice cross-section of all things mountain bike and a few unique items as well. My helmet's off to these guys.

#8 ·
To answer Westin's question. No, I am not affiliated with the Albany shop or any other shop. However, I do ride with these fellows from time to time and learned about their business by word of mouth. I for one like to support the local talent and ordered a few parts from them and was quite satisfied. Naturally I am going to give them a plug where I can.

The title of this forum is "Where are the best deals". This seems like the appropriate location to post a comment about a website where people can order bike stuff. I certainly am not an expert on prices, but, as there are many locations to buy stuff on the web I can only assume that some things may be priced differently at different locations. For instance, we all know that Wallmart is known for low prices; however I often find lower prices elsewhere. That doesn’t mean I wouldn't shop at Walmart. (No, I am not affiliated with Walmart either) Be that as it may, I do recommend to anyone to check out this site as it does have some good deals, but be a savvy shopper, and price compare.

#11 ·
Your definition is a tad out of context. I am starting to wonder if there is a little competition going on out there. Again, not an expert on these matters but the animosity over this seems at little strange. Hmmm...

af·fil·i·ate (-fl-t)
v. af·fil·i·at·ed, af·fil·i·at·ing, af·fil·i·ates
v.tr.
1. To adopt or accept as a member, subordinate associate, or branch: The HMO affiliated the clinics last year.
2. To associate (oneself) as a subordinate, subsidiary, employee, or member: affiliated herself with a new law firm.
3. To assign the origin of.
v.intr.
To become closely connected or associated: The two unions voted to affiliate.
n. (--t, -t)
A person, organization, or establishment associated with another as a subordinate, subsidiary, or member: network affiliates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#12 ·
I think it may have to do with http://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-deals/affiliate-links-classifieds-shilling-not-allowed-827442.html and the fact the deals from that site you listed are not good deals, and your original post read like a thinly-veiled affiliation/press release. I think regulars on the Deals subforum are tired of trolls (not saying you are one) or bike shop employees posting (not that you are one) or misleading "deals" that are not worth the visit.

Nothing personal. Just a bunch of bargain hunters hiding anonymously behind their keyboards.

#13 ·
I think it may have to do with http://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-deals/affiliate-links-classifieds-shilling-not-allowed-827442.html and the fact the deals from that site you listed are not good deals, and your original post read like a thinly-veiled affiliation/press released.
It doesn't help that the site is filled with bad deals with bold red letters saying, "Hurry, only 1 left!" It's as if they want to make money by rushing people to make a purchasing decision without due diligence under a false sense of urgency that they're going to miss out on a great deal. The site comes off as deceitful, on top of not having any great deals.

If you want to review a bike shop, there is an entire section at the top of the page that says "Bike Shops", which is where a review that says that you know these guys and that they are a good shop really belongs.

Intentional or not, you haven't shared a great deal, which is what this subforum is for, so your post is coming off as a waste of time at best, and shilling at worst.

Don't bother arguing about semantics, no one's really going cares long as you just let this thread die peacefully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.