Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Now... harder to kill.

Mountain High Cyclery

Instead of posting a 10% off coupon for a mega store that will probably screw up my order, let me recommend Mountain High....

If you've never spoken with Larry the owner you're missing out. He's knowledable and honest: Will talk you out of something that won't fit your application instead of just making the sale, how rare is that?? I just ordered Time pedals and Goodridge lines from him and had them in exactly one week. The pedals were low market price and the hoses were actually the cheapest I'd seen anywhere. Actual shipping cost plus no tax and I got everything I needed, including advice and tech knowledge, for less than I would have spent anywhere else (even with a coupon for items the big store probably didn't stock in the first place).

His web site is http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com/, and while it's not huge and interactive, there are some specials posted. Yes, you should make the phone call...it's a pleasure to order from a human being who actually knows the business.
    "My Life is violent, but violence is life" - Ice T

WANTED: A 20" Yeti frameset

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

You bet...

I've been ordering stuff from him for almost a year now, something like 5 or 6 times. Well, everytime the stuff was either equal or cheaper to the big stores. Everytime the stuff was shipped in perfect order, very well packed and without any problem. I spoke to him once on the phone for my first order. After that, never spoke to him again, I just send him an email, he replies and sends the goods. I am really impressed with this guy and judging from several posts I've seen over time here, there are plenty more that are impressed.

You are right on when you say not to judge him by the internet site he has, he's been able to get me stuff I could not find anywhere else in no time and at a good price.

Anyway, I highly recommend him as well.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by 415m3
    Instead of posting a 10% off coupon for a mega store that will probably screw up my order, let me recommend Mountain High....

If you've never spoken with Larry the owner you're missing out. He's knowledable and honest: Will talk you out of something that won't fit your application instead of just making the sale, how rare is that?? I just ordered Time pedals and Goodridge lines from him and had them in exactly one week. The pedals were low market price and the hoses were actually the cheapest I'd seen anywhere. Actual shipping cost plus no tax and I got everything I needed, including advice and tech knowledge, for less than I would have spent anywhere else (even with a coupon for items the big store probably didn't stock in the first place).

His web site is http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com/, and while it's not huge and interactive, there are some specials posted. Yes, you should make the phone call...it's a pleasure to order from a human being who actually knows the business.

Neg reppers r my biatches

Agreed 110%

Quote Originally Posted by 415m3

Larry is awesome to deal with. He is very courteous and extremely knowledgeable. His website does not do him justice at all.....simply email or call him and he can get you whatever you need at a great price.

Other than Larry, I think Charles from hammerheadbikes.com is up there in terms of somebody you can trust 100%, 100% of the time. I am sure there are others but why bother since they have great prices and service.

Cheers

banned
    Larry is a great resource. He has stuff at fair prices, sometimes maybe almost unfairly low in his competitors' eyes! He knows his stuff, has used a lot of what he sells and can give honest comparative information. I've bought parts and a frame from Larry. I would recommend him for any MTB related part, frame, or whole bike purchase. He was very helpful for me in deciding between the Turner 5-Spot and the Ventana X-5, and in getting the proper spring rate for my X-5. His prices on Thomson stems and posts are the best I've seen except for blowouts, and they are his everyday prices. He also has great prices on Hope brakes, Fox/Manitou/Marzocchi forks, and certain rear shocks.

Larry's a great guy and I strongly recommend using him for your parts, frame or complete bike needs.

Not dead yet, just playin
    Larry is top notch. Can't go wrong with MHC.

op
    www.msmtb.org - Mississippi Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Larry is my LBS; he just happens to be 1000 miles away. Always fair prices, topnotch service, great shipping, fast and knowledgable. I can't recommend him highly enough. I have found it actually works better for me dealing with Larry than local because I don't have to drive down, order, wait and go back and pick up the part. I e-mail, he tells me prices and availibility, I confirm my order and a few days later it shows up.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

Single Speed Junkie

Missing parts

I have placed several orders with Larry and can honestly vouch for his integrity.

One of the last orders I placed was for some rims and spokes, well the shipped molested the packaging and lost part of the shipment. Called Larry up the next day and no hassles saw my complete order in a few days.

Would not hesitate to order from him again, next time Iím in need of parts.

toneetouch
    I ordered a thomson post from Larry for $64 and a seatpost clamp for $5 (shipping included). He mailed the post right away, but forgot the clamp. I called, he apologized, and proceeded to send the clamp, free of charge.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    It seems like this is going to be a long thread indeed.

I just ordered DT Swiss SuperComp spokes from Larry, I also wanted red nipples with them, and he replaced the silver nipples that came with the spokes with the red ones for almost no cost.

The winter boots (Lake MXZ300) I ordered from him last year are still in great condition, and I think I'm one of maybe two or three people in St.Petersburg/Moscow, Russia who owns these boots.

Great service, great prices, and lots of patience.

Trail rider and racer
    I live in Australia and buy 99% of my bike related purchases from Larry. His prices are hard to beat and his support and service is really the best....
    Trev!

mtbr dismembered
    I live in Japan...if I cant buy it cheap here, I email Larry....been happy with every transactions. Had been recommending him to some of my friends in the States and here in Japan
    Last edited by warlock^_^; 09-26-2004 at 05:08 PM. Reason: sounded like drunk :(

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Larry is the best. I am also in Australia and he is my LBS aswell!
    He is a very busy guy, but seems to always answer me.
    Thanks larry

Just wish more people were like this in the bussiness, this sport could possibly be bigger and better!

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    I live in Australia and buy 99% of my bike related purchases from Larry. His prices are hard to beat and his support and service is really the best....
    Trevor,

I live in Malaysia and buying any parts or accesory from the states will cost a bomb just from the freight charges.

How do you manage to buy from Larry? Or is it because bike parts in OZ are very expensive?

I would love to get my stuff from Larry based on all the favourable comments here but I
    believe it would be just too expensive to send it to Malaysia [sigh]....

Thanks and look forward to your reply.

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 9W6VX
    Trevor,

I live in Malaysia and buying any parts or accesory from the states will cost a bomb just from the freight charges.

How do you manage to buy from Larry? Or is it because bike parts in OZ are very expensive?

I would love to get my stuff from Larry based on all the favourable comments here but I
    believe it would be just too expensive to send it to Malaysia [sigh]....

Thanks and look forward to your reply.
    Not trevor, but an aussie..
    Yes, it's because parts in Australia cost an arm and leg. An example being Ck wheels cost more then 1600AUD, while I got them sent here for less then 900AUD!
    Shipping is expensive, but still very reasonable, especailly once you take into account how much money your saving in the first place.
    Fedex is very expensive, Larry uses USPS for my orders which saves me alot of money.
    Don't know if I answered your question or not

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Not trevor, but an aussie..
    Yes, it's because parts in Australia cost an arm and leg. An example being Ck wheels cost more then 1600AUD, while I got them sent here for less then 900AUD!
    Shipping is expensive, but still very reasonable, especailly once you take into account how much money your saving in the first place.
    Fedex is very expensive, Larry uses USPS for my orders which saves me alot of money.
    Don't know if I answered your question or not
    Thanks mate. In fact I have emailed Larry asking for some quotes and am waiting for his reply! But he hasn't replied yet!

73's

83 feet less per minute
    Jun 2004
    Check out Larry's prices for Kenda BG/Nevegals. It's the best I've seen with such good service. Larry's My source for everything but wheel's. I get those from Mike Garcia.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 9W6VX
    Thanks mate. In fact I have emailed Larry asking for some quotes and am waiting for his reply! But he hasn't replied yet!

73's
    I believe he's in Vegas this week for I-bike. He's awesome, try him again next week.

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    I believe he's in Vegas this week for I-bike. He's awesome, try him again next week.
    Thanks for the info! No wonder he did not reply my email yet!

Cheerio!

73's de 9W6VX

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlefoot64
    Check out Larry's prices for Kenda BG/Nevegals. It's the best I've seen with such good service. Larry's My source for everything but wheel's. I get those from Mike Garcia.

How much are the Blues at Larry's?
    His web site sucks!
    Do you have to call for prices?

mtbr dismembered
    Quote Originally Posted by jkittlesen
    How much are the Blues at Larry's?
    His web site sucks!
    Do you have to call for prices?
    Yeah you have to call or email him for prices.
    Everyone knows the site doesnt do him justice...hey the man is working at his shop
    But like he said before, all the basic info are there. So just drop him a line or email
    he usually respond immediately, guess right now you have to wait since he's @ I-bike

Lay off the Levers
    Ditto...ditto...oh yeah and ditto!

Larry's prices give me serious guilt b/c I have to split my support for my LBS!
    He has provided me with excellent service, I've ordered quite a few replaceables, some UGIs and a set of BlingBling wheels that I love as much as my bike. I gotta plug his wheel building skills. He knows his stuff.
    Hmmm with all these endorsements, he's gonna be swamped. Good, he's earned it.
    He makes ordering so dammed easy it's hard not to buy from him.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Larry's prices give me serious guilt b/c I have to split my support for my LBS!
    I had this problem too, but I just moved to CO so now Larry IS my LBS. Great prices, great service and he's only 15 minutes up to road for me now.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by paddlefoot64
    How much for the Blue Grooves @ Larry's ?

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by jkittlesen
    How much for the Blue Grooves @ Larry's ?
    Sorry for the delay, if you emailed you should have gotten an auto-response email stating that I was out of town. Anyway, $26 for 2.1's and $28 for 2.35's. Yeah, the website sucks, been too busy to do much with it. Vastly improved, brand spanking new site in the works right now. Handing it over to a pro instead of trying to do things myself. Speaking of Interbike and of Kenda, they didn't give a definite time frame but sometime in 05' they will release a dual-compound version of the Tomac series tires.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member&ham operator
    Jul 2004
    Larry,

I sent you an email about a week back or so but have yet to get your reply.

Understand that you were at the Interbike trade show.

Please get back to me.

Many thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast