The Other Dude

Messed Up Beyond Bikes Story!!!

Ok, I have ordered on thing from beyond bikes in the past, a stem, that is it.

So anyway, i call them up the other day to check prices on some tires, i spoke with a guy named Zack. He first pulled up my account, then gave me some prices on the tires. I told him i would get back to him about the tires. The next day i come home and there are 2 messages on my answering machine from him asking if i still wanted the tires. I never called back because i ended up getting a set from the local shop...no big deal. So 2 more days go by and that leads us up to today. I get an email from them thanking me for my order....WTF!!! They kept my credit card on file from my last order, and after not talking to me, Zack just took it upon himself to process the order and charge me for the tires....

What the heck is that?! So i called and talked with Kerry the manager, and he said that was good customer service.....and that they didnt want me waiting for the tires......

I am sorry, i am still shocked that a company would do this, still back their employee, and say they did nothing wrong.......arent there laws against that? Dont i have to authorize a transaction on the card?! Just beware next time you call there, you may end up with stuff being charged and shipped to you......
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    good thing they dont sell specialized bikes

user-created
    I've never ordered from Beyond Bikes, and I've heard so much crazy sh1t about them I never will.

mtbr member
    refuse the package when it comes and call your cc company for a chargeback. Remember your cc company is on your side when it comes to things like these.

That is truly messed up tho, makes you wonder what kind of idiots they have running that place. Do their sales work on commission or something, cuz if not I don't see why they would be so eager to sell you the tires.

a.k.a. BicycleKicks

leave a note for the delivery driver if you're not home

Quote Originally Posted by WeWu
    refuse the package when it comes and call your cc company for a chargeback. Remember your cc company is on your side when it comes to things like these.

That is truly messed up tho, makes you wonder what kind of idiots they have running that place. Do their sales work on commission or something, cuz if not I don't see why they would be so eager to sell you the tires.
    ... and leave a note for the delivery driver refusing the package if you have to... they will probably take it with them as "proof" or whatever you want to call it.

on the topic of customer service, Competitive Cyclist actually suggested I do this when I discovered I had ordered a wrong size water bottle after it had already been shipped. That was very nice of them! So it went back to the store at their expense and I was credited the cost.
    I read that on the internet.

mtbr member
    I had a similar experience with them last year. They stopped short of charging me without consent but they badgered the shyt out of me for days. One of the guys even started insulting me when I turned down a frame deal they wanted to push on me. Funny thing is, I was only calling about some brakes. I don't care how good the deal is, those arse-clowns won't get a dime from me ever again.
    Vecsus

HTFU or STFU

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I never thought I'd say this about a bike shop and I hold so many in high regard.

HOWEVER, when it come to Beyond Bikes:

You will not find such a scumbag operation till you walk into a "Special Financing" car dealership (most of them anyway) in a low-income area. Even those guys at least deliver some sort of car after they bend the unfortunate customer over.

With fantastic shops like redbarnbicycles, mtnhighcyclery, and fullcycles, why does anyone even bother with these slimeball thieves at Beyond Bikes?

mtbr member
    That is 100% illegal and you should file a complaint against them. I can't believe a bike shop wuold do that.

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by TrashBike
    That is 100% illegal and you should file a complaint against them. I can't believe a bike shop wuold do that.
    I am going to have too look into this more, i cant believe they did it. What would you guys suggest?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

flow where ever you go

A nail in the coffin

Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    I am going to have too look into this more, i cant believe they did it. What would you guys suggest?
    I think WeWu, Rich A., and TrashBike have already provided legitamate answers to this question.

Your post puts one more nail in the coffin of my mind... Mind, hear this: don't ever, under any circumstances, even contemplate buying from BeyondBikes.com.

Thanks for posting this problem.

mtbr member
    Its even better shop in those ass clown's store.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by runhuskyrun
    good thing they dont sell specialized bikes
    HILARIOUS!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Simply report the illegal charge to your credit card company. Then most likely the ups guy will drop the package without getting a signature, place the package in a safe location and inform beyond bikes that they have a package at your home, and you have no plans on going out of your way to ship it to them, then finaly ask when they will send someone by your home to pick up the package at a time convenient for you, which would probably be some really narrow timeframe at a really odd hour...most likely you will have scored a new, free set of tires. 100% legal.
    " No! try not, Do or do not. There is no try. "

mtbr member
    In addition to contacting your credit card company and having them refund the charge, you should also report this to the Better Business Bureau. Somehow, I have a feeling many people already have. Beyond Bikes has the worst reputation BY FAR of any of the online retailers that I know of. People are constantly posting on this forum about problems they've had with them.

mtbr member
    Beyond bikes added a charge to my credit card without authorisation some time back. Quoted about 50 for int shipping, charged 70 or so (can't quite recall), emailed them to cancel "Already shipped". I have never and will never buy from them, and will warn my friends about them too. Now when I find their ads in my JUNKBOX, I just remember that despite their seemingly good prices, these guys have serious risks attached to them.

Idiots

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    definitely return the goods and get a full refund, then figure out how to get yourself deleted from thier files...not sure just talking to somebody will do it...this may take some time to do
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Beyond Bikes has cheap prices (sometimes) but horrible service. I don't have a credit card story like that, but I do know that I ordered something from them and Nashbar on the same day. The Nashbar parts were at my door (3-4 days) before I got the shipping notice from Beyond Bikes. They hearken back to the early early web-based shipping days. Worse than buying from a person-to-person seller on eBay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    Call your credit card company and dispute the charges. Now before you even get the package. Tell them the story. Then refuse the package when it comes.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Oh for the days when mtbr had shop review sections still...
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread