mtbr member

Men's and Women's baggy shorts w/ underliners?

My wife and I are both looking for some new baggies that fit and look good. I guess we prefer a semi cargo or board type short. She liked the ones that Specialized makes, but I has a hard time spending $85 on a pair of riding shorts. I'd like to spend about $40 each. I 6'3" and have a 36" waist (in jeans). I guess that's considered XL (?) by most manufacturers. My wife is also larger as she's 5'11" and will probably need a womens XL as well.

She got me a very nice pair of 2-piece Louis Garneau's (Canyon, I think) for Christmas, but they are pretty pricey.

Any other suggestions on brands and where to get them?

Thanks folks,

Ian
    Austin, TX

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by hallin222
    My wife and I are both looking for some new baggies that fit and look good. I guess we prefer a semi cargo or board type short. She liked the ones that Specialized makes, but I has a hard time spending $85 on a pair of riding shorts. I'd like to spend about $40 each. I 6'3" and have a 36" waist (in jeans). I guess that's considered XL (?) by most manufacturers. My wife is also larger as she's 5'11" and will probably need a womens XL as well.

She got me a very nice pair of 2-piece Louis Garneau's (Canyon, I think) for Christmas, but they are pretty pricey.

Any other suggestions on brands and where to get them?

Thanks folks,

Ian
    Austin, TX

Check your LBS and look for a brand called Hoss. This is a newer clothing mfgr. They make nice quality baggies with liners for about $40-45 with sizing from s-xxl. . They also make jerseys in the $20-45 range.

At the shop where I work, we sell more of this than we do the Oakley or Fox shorts.

mtnbikej

kks
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    check out rei's outlet website. i just bought a pearl izumi launch shorts for $32, althou no inner liner.