mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    GREAT find eurospek!!!! I just called and purchased 2 myself. I was ready to buy 2 last night from CambriaBike for $105.00. These only cost me $62.84 shipped. Happy Day!!
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Nice. Before they had them listed at $34.99 and sold 9 tires before the auction ended. And I missed out on that one. I was stoked to see them relist for 10 bucks cheaper a tire!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Whats the big difference between the 120tpi and the 60tpi? I thought 120 was supposed to be lighter, but the 60tpi is listed as lighter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigreen99 View Post
    Whats the big difference between the 120tpi and the 60tpi? I thought 120 was supposed to be lighter, but the 60tpi is listed as lighter.
    The 120 tpi is the eXC/LUST/UST specific, meaning tubeless ready.

The ebay listing has them listed as 120 tpi but I'm going to say that's wrong and these are the regular single compound folding 60 tpi versions, claimed weight of 755.

The 120 tpi UST tires clearly come in a different packaging as well, seen here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks. I want to jump on this deal, but definitely want the 60tpi version. Sent the seller a msg to find out which one it actually is. Hopefully it's not too late by the time I hear back.

Life Is Short
    nice find

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    These are in fact 120 tpi. Found out for sure after I ordered. I don't want it, I'd rather have 60tpi. If anyone wants it, pm me.

mtbr member
    These are in fact 120 tpi. Found out for sure after I ordered. I don't want it, I'd rather have 60tpi. If anyone wants it, pm me.
    I'll be certain when I'll get them in. I wouldn't hold their word to it, they list thousands of items on eBay.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Maxxis Ardent Specs

Here is a link from Maxxis in regards to the Ardent specs.

Ardent

Based on the listed weights on their page it looks to me like the tires from The Pros Closet are in fact 60TPI even though they listed them as 120TPI.
    Last edited by kevinboyer; 02-25-2012 at 05:52 AM.

mtbr member
    + rep.

I got the second to last pair.

mtbr member
    Damn missed out!

mtbr member
    Talk about quick shipping. The tires arrived today. And they look like the regular 60 tpi 29x2.25 Ardents.

And I pm'd a Maxxis employee on here who I had the pleasure of buying a fork from recently and he confirmed of what I was saying from the get go.

The only 120 tpi Ardent is the tubeless-ready, which is a dual ply compound, heavier as well, along with UST logos on the sidewall.

What he said, "Bart, you've done your homework. We have never produced a 120 tpi Ardent except for the LUST versions, so I'm confident this is a mistake."

The UPC barcode on the packaging is a new sticker over the old UPC barcode (which is part number for 26x2.5 Ardents), and the part number on the new sticker is TB96712500 (29x2.5 Ardent 60 tpi). The only mistake is the sticker lists 120 tpi. Such a tire, non-tubeless doesn't exist.

To those that ordered, we got a great deal. Should have bought more.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks for the follow up. I wasn't worried, but confirmation is always good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Talk about quick shipping. The tires arrived today. And they look like the regular 60 tpi 29x2.25 Ardents.

And I pm'd a Maxxis employee on here who I had the pleasure of buying a fork from recently and he confirmed of what I was saying from the get go.

The only 120 tpi Ardent is the tubeless-ready, which is a dual ply compound, heavier as well, along with UST logos on the sidewall.

What he said, "Bart, you've done your homework. We have never produced a 120 tpi Ardent except for the LUST versions, so I'm confident this is a mistake."

The UPC barcode on the packaging is a new sticker over the old UPC barcode (which is part number for 26x2.5 Ardents), and the part number on the new sticker is TB96712500 (29x2.5 Ardent 60 tpi). The only mistake is the sticker lists 120 tpi. Such a tire, non-tubeless doesn't exist.

To those that ordered, we got a great deal. Should have bought more.
    Sweet I got my wheelset(Charger Expert- $230 shipped), and my tires(also ordered a Crossmark when I got the Ardent) through deals you found. Thanks