mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Maxxis Ardent 2.4&2.6 wire bead $12.99 @ jensonusa.com

May be a good deal for somebody.i'm scared to get them-may be too big for my 2011 Rock Shox Recon Silver Solo Air fork.sounds like a good deal as I am a +/- 260lb. Clyde.
    anybody have any experience with them? (I will post up in Clyde forum)
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Life Is Short
    I'd put a 2.3 MAX tire on that fork. I have the Tora TK which is re badged the Recon and the lowers are pretty narrow. I have a 2.1 Kenda Sm Block 8 and it has plenty room for the 2.3version but the Maxxis is a stretch plus its a heavy tire.
    I have the Ardent 2.4 in the front of my kona stinky's marz. 66 RC3

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr View Post
    May be a good deal for somebody.i'm scared to get them-may be too big for my 2011 Rock Shox Recon Silver Solo Air fork.sounds like a good deal as I am a +/- 260lb. Clyde.
    Thanks for the heads up. Kinda need to get some new wire beads... This deal made me tempted!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I've got ardent 29x2.4 on my 2011 recon silver solo air. it works fine, but you won't have luck with anything bigger.

I redish my wheels a hair to have the spoke tension a bit more even at the expense of an uncentered wheel. I had to recenter the wheel for these puppies to fit, but no problems for 500+ miles since then.

banned
    Dec 2006

Thanks for sharing

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PretendGentleman View Post
    I've got ardent 29x2.4 on my 2011 recon silver solo air. it works fine, but you won't have luck with anything bigger.

I redish my wheels a hair to have the spoke tension a bit more even at the expense of an uncentered wheel. I had to recenter the wheel for these puppies to fit, but no problems for 500+ miles since then.
    I have the same tire and fork on my 29er but I didn't have to do anything to the wheel and it's centered just fine.

On my 26er, I have a 2.4 Ardent up front on a Rock Shox Lyrik fork and it fits fine as well.