mtbr member

Marzocchi CORSA Micro Ti RC Fork

Chain love has is listed at 55% off. $290 which is pretty amazing. Only 2 being sold

http://www.chainlove.com/
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." - John F. Kennedy

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

mtbr member
    I bought this fork a few days ago. I was looking for something with adjustable compression. It's a little heavier than the straight Corsa SL LR I have now, but I'm hoping the better ride makes up for it. I'll give a report once I've got it on the bike.

mtbr member
    Also bought this fork almost a month or so ago now. Amazing fork, love the lockout and even thought its a 100mm it performs well through everything I've ridden through so far.

They started out offering at least 10 of these, can't believe its been around this long.

mtbr member
    Yea it was up again a few days ago but I didn't bother posting it.

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderGirl View Post
    Also bought this fork almost a month or so ago now. Amazing fork, love the lockout and even thought its a 100mm it performs well through everything I've ridden through so far.
    Did you install it yourself, or use a bike shop? I ask because I just installed mine yesterday, and I'm not sure I hooked up the remote correctly. When I press the button, I see the red compression knob turn about a quarter-turn, and the fork firms up noticeably, but I wouldn't say it's "locked out." Does yours?

Thanks

mtbr member
    It's never going to be 100 locked. If you decompress the fork quite a bit you'll notice that even at locked it will give some travel, the same is true when it has the right psi, just to a lesser extent. Nothing that should really be noticeable though.

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

mtbr member
    It's more than "some" travel, it's almost full travel, albeit with much higher compression damping.

mtbr member
    the bike shop seated/cut my fork. but when on lock out its definitely little travel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_bloe View Post
    I bought this fork a few days ago. I was looking for something with adjustable compression. It's a little heavier than the straight Corsa SL LR I have now, but I'm hoping the better ride makes up for it. I'll give a report once I've got it on the bike.
    what did you do with the Corsa SL LR? Are you selling it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i actually bought 2 of these forks. one has been installed on my fiances bike and i will be installing the other onto my bike. About the lockout i found from reading one of the reviews on the departmentofgoods.com that you have to fine tune the lockout but it will lockout 100% to where you can't move it at all i have added a quote of the review at the bottom it has directions of how to set it up. i could also probably get a video of the fork locked out if anyone would like to see that it will lockout all the way.

This was tricky for me when I installed it, and I too was disappointed, but managed to work it out.

It took me and a buddy to get the think to work properly. You need a set of needle nose pliers for the cable to pull it tight, turn the lock out slightly with a set of bare or gloved hands towards the LO position, clamp/screw down the cable with your alan wrench, adjust the barrel adjuster on the lock out remote to add tension.

This should work, and if it doesn't, with the remote LO on and the cable pulled, have a buddy hold the LO dial in position while releasing the cable from the screws and re-setting the cable so that it will pull the LO dial around more.

I, too, was disappointed when I set it up for the first time and it did not work, but when I realized that the system had to have a good amount of tension in it to move the LO dial around, it became clear what to do. It may take you a few tries, but you will get it.

This is a great performing fork and all the better for the handlebar LO. Don't get frustrated too much, it will work for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danw39 View Post
    what did you do with the Corsa SL LR? Are you selling it?
    No, I put it on my old Trek hardtail. It works better there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Slowpok92: Thanks for the tech support post. It was just the ticket for getting my RLO working.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_bloe View Post
    Did you install it yourself, or use a bike shop? I ask because I just installed mine yesterday, and I'm not sure I hooked up the remote correctly. When I press the button, I see the red compression knob turn about a quarter-turn, and the fork firms up noticeably, but I wouldn't say it's "locked out." Does yours?

Thanks
    I got one of these recently and installed it myself, had plenty of questions during installation as well. Called Marzocchi and finally got a good process figured out. I put this video tutorial together to help anyone in the future who has the same questions about getting the lockout setup correctly.

Hope it helps someone down the line.
    When I'm not riding I help beginner mountain bikers learn new skills at Texas Mountain Bike Trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Good video, i thankfully had an extra set up hands when I did the two that i have.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Marzocchi CORSA Micro Ti RC Fork

Thanks! Hope it helps someone in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I'm not riding I help beginner mountain bikers learn new skills at Texas Mountain Bike Trails.