mtbr member

Manitou Tower Pro '12 Price Cut

Been keeping an eye out for deals on a Tower Pro and noticed pricepoint cut their prices <$400 for all the options and $360 for QR. Can maybe find a couple dollars cheaper trolling ebay but they're the lowest Ive seen for a traditional storefront kinda thing.

Manitou Tower Pro 29er QR Fork 2012 at Price Point

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    What I would give to find this fork in a 140mm travel.
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Nice price. I was so impressed by the Tower Pro (100mm) on my singlespeed that I put an order in for the 140mm version. I've also found the Tower Pro to be slightly stiffer than the Fox 32 (at half the price!). Guessing that's due to the hexlock. Hopefully Manitou's pricing strategy will cause RS and Fox to stop their insane price increases (over $1k for a 34 Talas? C'mon! /end rant).

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Biopace View Post
    Nice price. I was so impressed by the Tower Pro (100mm) on my singlespeed that I put an order in for the 140mm version. I've also found the Tower Pro to be slightly stiffer than the Fox 32 (at half the price!). Guessing that's due to the hexlock. Hopefully Manitou's pricing strategy will cause RS and Fox to stop their insane price increases (over $1k for a 34 Talas? C'mon! /end rant).
    Biopace,

Where did you order your 140mm from? Black or white?
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Biopace View Post
    Hopefully Manitou's pricing strategy will cause RS and Fox to stop their insane price increases (over $1k for a 34 Talas? C'mon! /end rant).
    LOL, rebuild the manitou then rebuild a FOX and you will see where the price difference comes into play. Manitou LOVES using plastic. Not saying that Fox performs any better but the internals are definitely higher quality. RS quality is closer to Manitou than FOX.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA View Post
    LOL, rebuild the manitou then rebuild a FOX and you will see where the price difference comes into play. Manitou LOVES using plastic. Not saying that Fox performs any better but the internals are definitely higher quality. RS quality is closer to Manitou than FOX.
    Everyone with a Foxx fork has to have it serviced twice per year or it drops from the stock using 80% of travel to 50%. Those of us with Manitou forks run them for two years before needing to servicing them.