Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

manitou bike shop

anyone use them?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Hmmm.

Am I missing it, or don't they have an email address? I did see the address and phone number though...
    "I can only assume chan slap is what happens when you get assaulted by Jackie Chan. I don't think anybody can prevent that."

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm really curious as well, and can't find any reference to them anywhere. They've got some screaming, too-good-to-be-true prices listed; I'd rather not be the person to discover that they are, in fact, too good to be true.

mtbr member
    I made the mistake of "Stepping in SH*T" with Manitou Bikes
    Home Page

I placed an online order for a bike light, paid via PayPal.

This was early last week, 9/7/2011

I never got any follow-up email or order confirmation from them, like you usually do when you place and pay for an order.

http://stores.manitoubikeshop.com/StoreFront.bok looks to be down for the count.

I have filed a claim with PayPal and I am hopeful that I will get my $$$ at the end of September, I guess it is possible they are going to send me my light, but they do not respond to VoiceMail, email and or texting, so at the very least BEWARE.
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.

John F. Kennedy

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

No good I drive past this place all the time.

I drove past this place today. They sell Craigslist specials. This is not a real bike shop. Everything they sell looks worked over.

Try eBikeStop.com - life is short - enjoy the ride they are just a few miles away and the service is great!

mtbr member

Manitou resolved

Luckily I paid with PayPal and I was covered, they issued a warning to Manitou and they quickly refunded my money for the bike light that I was possibly never going to get.

Again, my experience was poor.

BEWARE!

John F. Kennedy

mtbr member
    May 2011
    it's good i searched and saw this thread. i was about to order some knee/elbow pads from them since they have such good price.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    This place sounds shady.
    I was able to get tree fort bikes to match their price on an rt3.
    Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks I was about to order a couple rims. Looks like I'll spend another 10 bucks on a well rated amazon seller.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Whew... glad I didn't order from these guys!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

repost

Bottom line is if you want good prices, use this store. If you want it to show up quickly, use them for a price match.

Manitoubikeshop.com is a decent store with great prices and the customer service is quality when they do get around to you.

But it may take some to get through.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Wheelz, do you work for them? I've seen this in two seperate places now. Maybe quit playin on MTBR and get stuff shipped. That'd satisfy a lot of this.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    ordered 2 night rider 600 cordless on the 1st of this month they havent showed yet and they dont reply to email i think its almost time to get ahold of paypal

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    paypal claim filed im patient but im not waiting around to get ripped off

mtbr member
    FYI - Jenson's will not Price Match offers on their site. Here's the response I recently received:

Decline Reason:
    Sorry, we cannot match prices with "Manitou Bikes". I would urge you to check the reviews on this "store" prior to shopping:
    1. Unencryped / insecure checkout process is a MAJOR red flag
    2. Rip-off shipping rates
    3. False stock status (check fine print for info on 10 day lead time)
    4. "All sales final" return policy
    5. Does not answer the telephone number they list.
    6. Google street view shows what appears to be an empty building at the address they list.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    FYI - Jenson's will not Price Match offers on their site. Here's the response I recently received:

Decline Reason:
    Sorry, we cannot match prices with "Manitou Bikes". I would urge you to check the reviews on this "store" prior to shopping:
    1. Unencryped / insecure checkout process is a MAJOR red flag
    2. Rip-off shipping rates
    3. False stock status (check fine print for info on 10 day lead time)
    4. "All sales final" return policy
    5. Does not answer the telephone number they list.
    6. Google street view shows what appears to be an empty building at the address they list.
    Thats hilarious. Good for Jenson.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    got my money back thanks to pay pal

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Had to call my credit card company and dispute the charges

I generally don't post my complaints and I hate flamers but I can't let this one go. Three weeks ago I placed an order for over $250 and haven't heard anything since. I tried sending an email and calling the phone number but still have received no response. I finally called my credit card company and had them reverse the charges. We'll see if Manitou disputes the charges. I will never purchase from this vendor again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelzMcgee View Post
    Bottom line is if you want good prices, use this store. If you want it to show up quickly, use them for a price match.

Manitoubikeshop.com is a decent store with great prices and the customer service is quality when they do get around to you.

But it may take some to get through.
    beware of this person.. Registered this month and their only two posts include the above and this one from another Manitou bike shop thread.. where the EXACT same message was posted...

Manitoubikeshop.com--Legit? No info about them that I can find?

jrm
    mtbr member

Dammit

Ordered some TIME pedals from them on the 1st. Havent heard from um since.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

mtbr member
    I hope you paid via credit card etc, get a refund quick this joint is the pits.

I am following this crapper on FB and they post special deals.

BEWARE!

John F. Kennedy

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I just bought a SRAM X9 10-speed rear derailleur from them and didn't have any problems. Ordered Sunday, it shipped Friday, and just arrived tonight. I think I'd gladly do the same for small items or ones I know that are easily available, but anything specialty I'd go through a more "reputable" source.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    apparently others feel they are shady as well...can't get any vendors to price match them.

Trail Ninja
    Manitou Bikes seems "legit" to me, but seems more like a super low overhead type of shop, where they simply offer near wholesale cost, have items shipped to them from wholesale dealers like QBP, and then ship them out to customers, hence the wait. Reputable retailers with bike shop store fronts like Jenson simply can't compete, since they have more overhead. Manitou bikes could probably be a 1-man gig, maybe with volunteers to help with creating the website. Doesn't take much manpower to run a small scale online retail business.

Right now, this guy isn't able to sell anything. His paypal account is under fire, with claims open from previous customers. This effectively locks him out from making any further sales and accepting payments through PayPal. So if you win anything off him from eBay, you're probably going to get unable to pay errors.

The guy's name is Tim Chase. He runs an organization called The Good Wheel and now Manitou Bikes and seems like he's an honest bicycle promoter, trying to encourage the growth of the passion of biking. This is conjecture, but it seems like he felt like aftermarket components were overpriced and went the route of online sales in this manner to offer a service other cyclists would probably like.

1/23/11 Colorado Springs, Co- Tim Chase of Manitou Bikes has created a wonderful bike program with other bike stores in the Old Colorado City area. Soon, you’ll see community bikes strategically located in the Westside and in Manitou for you to ride free of charge, as a way to promote healthy active living, reduce our carbon footprint and connect with each other through cycling. If you’re interested in support this effort by donating a bike, funds or your time, please contact Tim at
    Allen Beauchamp: Great job to Tim @Manitou Bikes and The Good Wheel! He's created a few good programs via his shop, you should stop on by next time you are in Manitou to get more details.
    Source: Westside Community Bikes Are Coming! | Facebook

IMO, if you don't care for support or warranty and just want part at a good price without the hassle of eBay, classifieds, or whatever, I'd say take advantage. Else, find a shop you would like to support, pref one that supports a community that your can take advantage of such as a LBS that runs local events and group rides, or online retailer that gives back to the cycling community.

The things he lists on his Facebook, ebay, and whatever seem to be items he actually has, probably donated to him. He doesn't seem to be a professional reseller, like TheProsCloset or ProTestedGear that buys "craigslist specials" and resells it on eBay.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I like to save money as much as any other guy,but my instincts smelled a rat and now that I've seen this thread thank the Mtn gods that I ruled caution over I better jump on this deal! rules of buying on line,contact,contact,contact before you lay down cash!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast