Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Lyrik Solo Air or 2-Step?

in 1 1/8 inch headtube and 20mm maxle?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Watch ebay carefully. I scored a new 2010 Lyrik SA DH for $475 shipped.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    Watch ebay carefully. I scored a new 2010 Lyrik SA DH for $475 shipped.
    Wow, $475! Score. Only thing though, RS might not cover it unless it's from an authorized dealer. I learned the hard way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Wow, $475! Score. Only thing though, RS might not cover it unless it's from an authorized dealer. I learned the hard way.
    Yep, be mindful of where you buy the fork from. I just bought a DH solo air from Red Barn Bicycles and got a smokin' deal. Give Chad a call and see what he can do for you. If you call, tell him Steve from Arizona sent you

Custom Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes and Hand-made wheels | Red Barn Bicycles

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz View Post
    Yep, be mindful of where you buy the fork from. I just bought a DH solo air from Red Barn Bicycles and got a smokin' deal. Give Chad a call and see what he can do for you. If you call, tell him Steve from Arizona sent you

Custom Mountain Bikes, Road Bikes and Hand-made wheels | Red Barn Bicycles
    Yeah, it might be hard to make a warranty claim if I had one, but my LBS has supported similarly attained products in the past with full knowledge.

It was either a used one for $50 less, or a new one, so I opted for the new one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, it might be hard to make a warranty claim if I had one, but my LBS has supported similarly attained products in the past with full knowledge.

It was either a used one for $50 less, or a new one, so I opted for the new one.
    For sure, that's a killer deal and if you've got a LBS that can help you out, even better. How are you liking the fork?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    For sure, that's a killer deal and if you've got a LBS that can help you out, even better. How are you liking the fork?
    It feels great. Way better than the Domain on my other bike. I upgraded my DB Mission with the Lyrik, and it totally transformed the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It feels great. Way better than the Domain on my other bike. I upgraded my DB Mission with the Lyrik, and it totally transformed the bike.
    Does that DH Mission (Or is it Motion) Control lockout the fork or just slow the rebound? I really just want a lockout for climbs but the Lyrik's don't have just that it seems. Who was the person you bought the Lyrik from? Maybe he's got more?

mtbr member
    Does that DH Mission (Or is it Motion) Control lockout the fork or just slow the rebound? I really just want a lockout for climbs but the Lyrik's don't have just that it seems. Who was the person you bought the Lyrik from? Maybe he's got more?
    The Mission Control DH damper does not have a lockout. It has high/low speed compression, rebound, and air/coil preload. You would have to go with the RC2L 2-step which still has the Mission Control damper but not the DH version. It has a floodgate adjustment that might be what you're looking for.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I don't know, I'll email him and see for you.

Mission control is a compression damper. It dampens the fork stroke on the compression, not rebound. Rebound dampers dampen the return stroke.

As the other poster said, you want an RC2L then, it has an easy to activate "floodgate" feature that acts as a platform lockout.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz View Post
    The Mission Control DH damper does not have a lockout. It has high/low speed compression, rebound, and air/coil preload. You would have to go with the RC2L 2-step which still has the Mission Control damper but not the DH version. It has a floodgate adjustment that might be what you're looking for.
    Geez. All that fancy adjustment capability but no friggin lockout. It seems just plain silly! It's not a DH fork it's a climbing and descending fork. I feel like calling RS and telling them to get it right! I might just stick with my 150 Revelation then and save some money and weight.

mtbr member
    Geez. All that fancy adjustment capability but no friggin lockout. It seems just plain silly! It's not a DH fork it's a climbing and descending fork. I feel like calling RS and telling them to get it right! I might just stick with my 150 Revelation then and save some money and weight.
    RS made the DH for the reason that most riders don't want a lockout or floodgate in the 6-7" travel range. Some riders like it but most do not. I never use lockouts or floodgates so the DH works great for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Come to think of it. I had a Lyrik Coil u-turn when they first came out. Now i recall the mission control. it was pretty cool but i only used the lockout. i like simple things so i didn't hardly ever play with the rebound and compression settings once i dialed it in. i'm a "set and forget" kinda rider. i'd prefer just a rebound adjustment and lockout, don't need high speed, low speed, medium speed, warp speed. its nice, but too much to fool with for my liking.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't know, I'll email him and see for you.

Mission control is a compression damper. It dampens the fork stroke on the compression, not rebound. Rebound dampers dampen the return stroke.

As the other poster said, you want an RC2L then, it has an easy to activate "floodgate" feature that acts as a platform lockout.
    sweet. please let me know. thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Come to think of it. I had a Lyrik Coil u-turn when they first came out. Now i recall the mission control. it was pretty cool but i only used the lockout. i like simple things so i didn't hardly ever play with the rebound and compression settings once i dialed it in. i'm a "set and forget" kinda rider. i'd prefer just a rebound adjustment and lockout, don't need high speed, low speed, medium speed, warp speed. its nice, but too much to fool with for my liking.
    I emailed the guy. I'll let you know if I hear back.

While it may seem intuitive that not having the adjustments means it works the same way, for rRockshox that isn't the case. If you don't have the mission or motion control damper in your fork, you don't have compression dampening, period. Rockshox has a mission control tuning guide that suggests setting both to 4 clicks from nothing as a baseline.

Here's the guide: http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/tunin...ngguide_en.pdf

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The lockout was removed from the DH damper because the floodgade (lockout) poppet restricts the flow of oil in the standard RC2L damper. The DH damper is much plusher as a result of having no lockout feature.

The advantage for the Lyrik is that it has a taller axle to crown height, meaning your bike is slacked out more.

If you are happy with your revelation, by all means stick with it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Sorry dude, no more Lyriks from my guy. Good luck figuring your fork situation out!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sorry dude, no more Lyriks from my guy. Good luck figuring your fork situation out!
    Thanks for checking it out and for the info.

Shucks, with the price you paid, even if something went wrong like with the cartridge, you'd still come out ahead if you had to pay for a new one. Killer deal!! Well, with the 2012 stuff coming out already, maybe one will pop up. I'll just have to be patient. My Rev is handling so nice it's not like its slowing me down.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hey Myitch,

Wheelworld has a Lyrik oem for $499!

RockShox 2010 Lyrik Solo Air (OEM) - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!

And by the way I'm looking for a used revelation 150mm

Hope this helps!

RIP Friendgirl

Short Steerer Tube

That's for a 180-185mm ST. Useless for most of us.
    SPD pedals are an absolute menace to the well-being of the world, and ought be banned immediately.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast View Post
    Hey Myitch,

Wheelworld has a Lyrik oem for $499!

RockShox 2010 Lyrik Solo Air (OEM) - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!

And by the way I'm looking for a used revelation 150mm

Hope this helps!
    The OEM is not that great. No Mission control, and no dual flow rebound dampening. It would cost about $230 in parts to get it to the level of a 'regular' Lyrik.

mtbr member
    Universal Cycles had good prices on Lyriks a while back.

I looked for a while and the lowest most online vendors would go would be $600 or so for a Lyrik.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks. I saw the WW fork before. Those are 150mm strangely. I asked them to measure also to verify. It's more like a Revelation with 35mm stanchions

mtbr member
    Probably one of the 170mm versions with the 20mm spacer in it for OEM use on something like a Remedy...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Universal Cycles had good prices on Lyriks a while back.

I looked for a while and the lowest most online vendors would go would be $600 or so for a Lyrik.
    Where'd you see the $600 Lyrik? Was that a DH cartridge or what?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast