mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Lume Strada HID, Whats the MTBR price?

anyone know what the MTBR price is for the least expensive Lume Strade HID?

the regular price is $279.

i'm looking at buying one of these to loan to friends so they'll go nite riding with me.

the lume strada apprears to be the least expensive HID available.

I already own a L&M Arc that a bit too spendy for a loaner light.;

Noo Zeelander

batteryspace.com

Have you seen these hids...
    I have just bought a trailtech eclipse and I am very happy with it..
    You can use a coupon code too ...
    Move along please ..... Nothing to see here !!

http://www.nelsonmountainbikeclub.org.nz/

Freshly Fujified

What's an MTBR price?

If we as posters and poseurs are due some sort of discount from certain vendors, i'd be interested in knowing how it works.

Thanks,

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    i had seen the lume strada reviewed well enough and purchased as low as $230

didn't see any reviews for batteryspace or trailtech in the lights section.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Not sure if it still works, but give it a try.

http://www.lumelighting.com/mtbr.asp

Noo Zeelander

Coupon/Promotion code

Yeah its easy just google the name of the company or vendor with coupon or promotion code after their name. eg "REI coupon"
    Then when you get the results choose the one with the most discount, note the number down then when you have selected what you want to buy off your chosen company go to check out and whilst entering your payment details there will be a column for promotion code/coupon enter the code that you have sourced and Hey Presto you have your discount .... Nice !!!
    Move along please ..... Nothing to see here !!

http://www.nelsonmountainbikeclub.org.nz/

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Lume just responded to my email, there's no discounts available.

They will offer free shipping on the $329 Strada with Fast Charger, but that price puts this kit past the price of L&M Arc Lithium Ion that i purchased last dec at nashbar

keep the shiny side up!
    a friend and i both have lume and both had had issues with them. they will charge $50 if u need to send it back for repair. my buddy has sent his in 3 times in the last 2 years. not much of a bargain in the long run.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    My first Lume battery did not last long, but that may well have been over exuberant charging with the dumb charger. Otherwise for the last 2 years it has been great.

I just sent it back because someone dropped it and cracked the lens. Lume have a standard $40 charge for repairs, that includes return shipping. My light was gone for almost 2 weeks, but most of that was shipping time from DC to CA.

That kind of service is pretty good.

Its not like friends L&M's have been any more reliable.

I give Lume a big thumbs up. I prefer the quality of construction and the hand made work of art looks over the L&M that I borrowed from a buddy. I also do not like The L&M 3 foot long battery lead. The Lume has an extender...

mtbr member

Will you buy me a Turner RFX so I can go riding with you?

Seriously - check out ebay - I just got a brand new Niterider Firestorm for $240 - cheapest I saw online is $375 - Even L&M NiMh HID's go for less than $200 sometimes - or look for NR Storms / Blowtorches.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Of all the things I would buy on ebay, a HID light is not one of them.

mtbr member

Can I ask why?

The one I bought is new - picture showed parts / accessories in wrapping - anything to worry about?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Well I guess there are two issues with even a new light. It may have been sitting on the shelf a long time which often does not do the battery a lot of good. (Then again it might be a new model light, so not an issue)

The second is if you get one from performance or a LBS they will sort out the warranty issues for you when it goes wrong. If you get a Lume you can do it directly.

It'll probably be fine.

mtbr member

I hear your comments

But the firestorm I bought is NR's latest model. Plus the online retailers like jenson are selling older models from 04 and 05 at discounted prices - which presumably have been sitting around for a long while. I do think a concern is not being able to take it to an LBS or a store if you have issues - but I have a receipt / waranty card for a new light just like if I bought it from Jenson or Performance etc.......