mtbr member
    Apr 2006

lowest priced Chris King headset

Anyone knows where can you get the lowest priced Chris King headset aside from Ebay?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I just got one from Jenson, I think it was 124.99, free shipping with overs over 150. Hard to find much of a deal on a new King other than ebay it looked like when I was shopping.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Performance?

Quote Originally Posted by mtberfrombothell
    Anyone knows where can you get the lowest priced Chris King headset aside from Ebay?

Thanks
    $130 -20% off= $104, not sure if the .99 cent shipping can be applied also though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    $130 -20% off= $104, not sure if the .99 cent shipping can be applied also though.

yea ordered a gold one from performancebike.com, 104 and 99 cent shipping, coupon codes are listed on the website on the banner.

Dirt Huffer
    You guys are suckers. Got mine on Ebay for $75.00. ::laughing all the way to the bank::

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

but performance charges higher than normal tax

I tried to order from them but they charged more than 10% sales tax for WA residents. After everything the headset cost me 127 USD (including the 9.75 dollars of ground shipping).

It's almost the same as other stores who are giving 10% off like Universal cycles.

Of course I cancelled my order.

Waiting for my dream
    $90. for a threadless with a 10year warranty. QBP. Black.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Qbp?

is there a website for this store?

thanks

enjoying the kool-aid
    I don't think the public is allowed to order from QBP.

you have to be a bike shop....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewieez
    I don't think the public is allowed to order from QBP.

you have to be a bike shop....
    not true, if you can get your hand on a QBP book, you can order them and have it shipped to you, however, you have to keep a minimum of $250 a month. on a side note, i have 3 new kings sets black, silver, and red, $120 shipped any where in the contiental USA.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    to order from QBP my understanding was that you had to have a reseller number, its only like 5-6digits, and then you can order. didn't know about the $250 minimum. when my lbs was real busy i used to go in and just handle the counter and basically make calls for a day. "hey this is "name" from "store" in "city,state", my number is "number" - and wha'la.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    do you guys have any idea how i could get my hands on one of those catalogs, and what do you mean by a $250 minimum what do you mean a 5-6 digit code

The Other Dude
    Yeah, i would be interested in getting my hands on one also, i am sure i could find a way to spend 250 a month on my bike....
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

enjoying the kool-aid
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboluver6
    do you guys have any idea how i could get my hands on one of those catalogs, and what do you mean by a $250 minimum what do you mean a 5-6 digit code
    To order from QBP, you are supposed to be a resaler (bike shop). It sounds like technically you don't have to be. The 5-6 digit code is referring to your resaler code. You won't have one, unless you are a store. The $250 minimum is a monthly minimum purchase amount that QBP requires you to maintain to order from them.

Ordering from QBP is like taking out the middle man.... which is why the prices a cheaper.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    thanks
    i dont think i would be able to dish out 250$ amonth
    thanks anyway

Not a Barry supporter.
    Try Chad at Red Barn Bicycles...I order almost all of my stuff from him. Most of the time he can't be beat.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Don't skid
    I known where there's a slightly used red one for $100 plus shipping . Send me a PM.
    The Revolution will not be motorized...especially at $5 per gallon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    anybody have an update to this thread? I'm looking for a red one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Try bicycledoctor.net. I've ordered from them a couple of times and they are great to do business with. I believe it's around $109 shipped, and they keep all the colors stocked.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    thanks TACSTS, I couldn't find the king headset on their site, so I figured I'd have to call. Airbomb was doing a 10% offf deal up til midnight last night and I got it for $130 shipped, figured it was still a good deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringer
    thanks TACSTS, I couldn't find the king headset on their site, so I figured I'd have to call. Airbomb was doing a 10% offf deal up til midnight last night and I got it for $130 shipped, figured it was still a good deal.
    If there's any way to cancel that order (from Airbomb), do it and count your lucky stars. Airbomb is one of those retailers that seems to accumulate horror stories (do a search and see). Besides, that does not seem like an exceptionally good price or anything.
    Chimay: nectar of the gods
    Macallan: sweet ambrosia