mtbr member

Low Price Gtr. What does that mean to you?

JensonUSA and PricePoint all state that they are the lowest price guaranteed. So I called Jenson and asked them to beat price point. They said they would be happy to match it. I told them I wanted something better than a match otherwise I'd just buy it from Pricepoint. The rep said their lowest price guarantee states they will match any competitor. To me thats not a low price guarantee because they are not the lowest price they are the same price.

From my perspective, if they want my business they should go above and beyond matching like Home Depot whom takes another 10% off. Then they would be the lowest price guaranteed. I may as well shop Pricepoint because they are low upfront without me asking for a lower price.

Jenson refused so I bought from Pricepoint.

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppie58
    JensonUSA and PricePoint all state that they are the lowest price guaranteed. So I called Jenson and asked them to beat price point. They said they would be happy to match it. I told them I wanted something better than a match otherwise I'd just buy it from Pricepoint. The rep said their lowest price guarantee states they will match any competitor. To me thats not a low price guarantee because they are not the lowest price they are the same price.

From my perspective, if they want my business they should go above and beyond matching like Home Depot whom takes another 10% off. Then they would be the lowest price guaranteed. I may as well shop Pricepoint because they are low upfront without me asking for a lower price.

Jenson refused so I bought from Pricepoint.

semantics... is there a lower price than what they will match?

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppie58
    To me thats not a low price guarantee because they are not the lowest price they are the same price.
    Not IMO. They are the same price as the LOWEST price, making them the lowest price as well right?

mtbr member
    Maybe its my mindset. To me the lowest price isnt the same price as a competitor. I would do more business with companies that offer the low price the first time instead of me having to ask for it.

I'm in sales and when I give a proposal I do my best the first time. I tell the customer that. Some of my competitors always offer to match, but I get the respect and the business because I delivered the first time, not because I saw what my competition did and then lowered my price.

Like I said, its probable just my mindset. I just think its misleading to say they have the lowest price guaranteed.