mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Looking for Pana XC Pro Kevlar

Best price I can find on the 580gram 127 TPI Fire XC Pro is $27 at Jenson. Anyone know of a better deal? I don't want the Taiwan tire from Pricepoint, and the one at Performance is heavier.
    Thanks

You wanna go ridin?
    I just bought some of those @ Jenson. I couldn't find the Japanese ones anywhere else either. I also bought the tubeless fire xc pros there and they are also the Japanese made ones fyi.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hey fatbottomedgurl I see you're in the So. Cal area.. if you live in or near San Diego, I saw the Fire XC Pros (127 tpi) you're looking for at the Performance Bicycle store (not online) and at Bicycle Warehouse. They're about the same price with Jenson with shipping, $31-$35 ?. I found out they were at those stores after I had ordered them from Jenson about three weeks ago.

anyone else smell that?
    so.....what is the difference in all these fire xc pros?? i got the 2 for $36 at price point.com....so i guess i got the 60tpi versions? i'm guessing they're thinner sidewalls or something?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbottomedgurl
    Best price I can find on the 580gram 127 TPI Fire XC Pro is $27 at Jenson. Anyone know of a better deal? I don't want the Taiwan tire from Pricepoint, and the one at Performance is heavier.
    Thanks
    http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...r-2.1-Tire.htm

You wanna go ridin?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgsatl
    so.....what is the difference in all these fire xc pros?? i got the 2 for $36 at price point.com....so i guess i got the 60tpi versions? i'm guessing they're thinner sidewalls or something?

The 127tpi are made in Japan. They are readily identified by the large white lettering on both sides of the tires. The 60tpi are made in Taiwan and have the smaller red colored label I believe on one side of the tire.

The tread pattern is basically the same. The rolling resistance on the 127 is much lower and they last longer-about twice as long. I think the overall quality of the 127 is a lot higher than the 60s.

anyone else smell that?
    ah...gotcha. i have the small label on the side of mine. and they do have a large amount of rolling resistance....but they also grab really, really well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks. We have a Performance up in Ventura. This is the response I got from the Manufacturer regarding the 60tpi tires:

We do not produce the 60 tpi tire, it is made
    in Taiwan and was meant only for OEM bikes. It is the same tread, but
    not the same compound, tpi, or weight. That is why you don't see
    anything in our literature. It is an illegal tire gray marketed into
    The states by bike companies. We cannot take any legal action as what
    they've done is not illegal, just shady.

Go with the Japanese made one. It will have large, white printed
    lettering on the sidewall. The other will have a small hot patch.

Best Regards,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbottomedgurl
    Thanks
    I just ordered a couple from Speedgoat, where there's no shipping or tax if over $100. They price matched $24.99 from Wheelworld.com. I use a pair on my HT and these are for my FS.

HammerHead

I guess I have the 60 tpi ones too

Quote Originally Posted by jgsatl
    ah...gotcha. i have the small label on the side of mine. and they do have a large amount of rolling resistance....but they also grab really, really well.
    I got the same ones from www.pricepoint.com fo $15 with small label on the side. rolling resistance is higher but they grip really well. Of course heavyat 680g. But so far I put 1000 miles on them and looks like they will last another 300 miles. So I would say they are very durable. Also they come in that nice yellow color to match my bike
    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph.../ppuser/254186
    2012 Cannondale Flash Carbon 3 29er
    2013 Tarmac Sport
    2009 Langster Moscow
    "What is wrong?"
    "You need a new bike"

anyone else smell that?
    what?! no yellow fork?! bike looks good! i got the red ones just 'cuz....they look pretty good on my instigator..