mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Looking for a low cost single pivot SC Superlight clone

I am hunting around for an inexpensive single pivot suspension frame like a Haro Shift, Weyless Xp, etc. I want to find a frame with long enough seat/chainstays to fit a 650b (27.5") wheel with a 2.2 tire. If I can find a decent frame for less than $500 that would be great. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Why don't you buy the real thing (Superlight 26" frame with Fox CTD shock) from Santa Cruz's website sale for $550? Sounds like a much better idea than buying a crap frame for slightly less.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Why don't you buy the real thing (Superlight 26" frame with Fox CTD shock) from Santa Cruz's website sale for $550? Sounds like a much better idea than buying a crap frame for slightly less.
    I agree and if you check ebay you can probably get a better deal

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Superlight gone. Here is remaining SC Bike inventory Santa Cruz Bicycles
    They still have more left

Santa Cruz Bicycles

Santa Cruz Bicycles

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    MrPretty beat me to it. They have a Virtual Parking Lot sale going on right now, and there are plenty of Superlights left (or so it seems):

Santa Cruz Bicycles

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Because I live on LESS than 8,000 dollars a year. That's why. If you want to pitch in the other 200 that'd be great!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    you said "less than 500" would be great. he mentioned the santa cruz garage sale where you can buy a frame and shock for slightly more than 500. not sure what the problem is. if you said you wanted a hundred dollar frame that'd be different.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    if you are only bringing in 150 a week. i would just grab a 100 dollar frame and ride the hell out of it. rigid suspensions make you work on your control and make you absorb shock with your muscles. it makes for good training and is cheaper. you can worry about a race build when you are raking in the jack.

it ain't the bike, it's the legs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Apologies, did not find that! I swear early this morn the list of frames was much smaller.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixbikes View Post
    Because I live on LESS than 8,000 dollars a year. That's why. If you want to pitch in the other 200 that'd be great!
    Then why did you say you less than 500? You should have said less than 300? If you want help from people doing what internet searches can do then you should be a little more informative in what you need if your on a tight budget.