Drop in?... Anyone?

Looking for Input: SGbikesdirect dot com

I came upon this company / website and was pretty astounded at the price of the bikes. There website says they are a dealer network in Asia with multiple locations. Other than that, I cannot tell if this is a legitimate operation or a buyer beware nightmare.

Aside from the +'s for supporting the local bike shops, ease of service and warranty issues, assembly, etc. Is there a reason to not give this dealer a go?

The only basis for the decision is budget.

Would y'all please offer your insight and experiences? I am sure you are much more experienced at seeing through the BS and getting to the truth.

TIA (links Below)

About us

Example of a bike offering:

2013 Cannondale SCALPEL 29ER CARBON 1 Mountain Bike - Sgbikedirect.com - Discount Mountain Bikes
    "Money can't buy you happiness. But it can buy you a yacht and you can sail right up next to it!" David Lee Roth

mtbr member

Looking for Input: SGbikesdirect dot com

Quote Originally Posted by strat819 View Post
    I came upon this company / website and was pretty astounded at the price of the bikes. There website says they are a dealer network in Asia with multiple locations. Other than that, I cannot tell if this is a legitimate operation or a buyer beware nightmare.

I think I caught myself drooling over several bikes on that site that I "don't need"..... But folks here plus my morning coffee caused me to see the light. Pure scam site.

mtbr member
    if it doesn't take paypal, walk away.
    '02 Rockhopper Comp
    '11 Specialized Epic Comp 26

Warrior's Society
    Here is your Red Flag:

Giant and Cannondale don't allow their bikes to be sold online.

Here is your second Red Flag:

IF the price seems to good to be true........well then?

Here is your third Red Flag:

Companies that offer to ship bikes overseas for free......Have you looked at how much it costs to ship a bike overseas via 3-7 day from any of the carriers?
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    According to their web site they only accept payment via wire transfer. A buyer has basically no protection under that scenario. Generally speaking, if they don't accept credit cards then walk away.

mtbr member
    I so want this site to be real but like others have said it's almost definitely a scam.