mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Looking for a good deal on a disc wheelset, thinking about Cane Creek zonos or Havoc

I'm looking at buying a set of disc wheels to build up a Trek 9.9ssl frame. I am buying the avid elixer cr's and have mostly high end components. I noticed that I can get a pair of Cane Creek Zonos for about 200, and I have the ability to buy the easton am havocs for aboyt 420. Any suggestions would be appreciated, i dont want to buy the zonos if Cane creek is dumping them due to quality, but would consider them if they are a good true wheelset. Any mavic deals out there as well that anyone can recommend?

mtbr member
    Not sure if you are in the used market but I have a set of Bontrager Rhythm Elites that I would consider selling for $225. They are in great condition. If you are not interested, no big deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I believe I read somewhere on MTBR that Cane Creek is no longer in the wheel market. The Zonos may be fine wheels, but I wouldn't expect much support should a warranty issue arise.

Bicyclewheelwarehouse.com has some pretty good prices, and most/all customers who have posted on mtbr (myself included) are happy with their builds.

Single Speed Junkie
    CC mostly droped out of the wheel business a year back or two with the exception of fixed gear wheels. I don't know if that has changed or not recently, but as far as mountain bike stuff your looking at Ebay.

Its got what plants crave
    I have a set. Not much else compares in the tubeless realm for 200 bucks. The wheels come with 3 extra nipples so that most bike shops can make you a spoke if the need arises. If you taco the rim, a warranty claim probably wouldn't happen anyway. Can't speak for the freehub but mine is VERY smooth and rolls quite well. I have less than 1k miles on them so I can't speak for long term longevity.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Bicyclewheelwarehouse.com has some pretty good prices, and most/all customers who have posted on mtbr (myself included) are happy with their builds.
    +1.

http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com...&productId=140

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks Guys. I just took the leap and bought a new set of Fulcrum Red Metal 1's. I hope it works out well. They only cost 400 on flea bay.