mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Looking for Garmin deal's

I managed to lose my old trusty Garmin edge 305 a while ago and am looking to see if some one know's of any good deals before i pull the trigger, I would love to find another edge 305 but if i buy new i am looking at the edge 500/510/800/810. Thanks

mtbr member
    Performance Bike Shops are having a sale that starts tomorrow (4/10).
    They have some Garmin models in the sale flyer I received in the mail this week.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Clicker1 View Post
    Performance Bike Shops are having a sale that starts tomorrow (4/10).
    They have some Garmin models in the sale flyer I received in the mail this week.
    Thank's i will check with them tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    Thank's i will check with them tomorrow.
    There are some refurbished Garmin Edge 800's on eBay and Amazon for $299 with 1 year manufacturer warranties. I picked one up last night with Amazon Prime. On Amazon you have to click on the "New & Used from $299.99" link on the right, and then scroll down towards the bottom.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Looking for Garmin deal's

There is a $100 mail-in rebate from garmin for the edge 800 right now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    You guy's with the 800, Do you like it ? Just looks a little big but have never seen one in person and think i am leaning towards the 510 just wish you could upload maps (810 is a lot of $) hell even my old 305 could do that and was much less.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    You guy's with the 800, Do you like it ? Just looks a little big but have never seen one in person and think i am leaning towards the 510 just wish you could upload maps (810 is a lot of $) hell even my old 305 could do that and was much less.
    I like my 800. It works well on my stem that's 100 mm. If you havea short stem, like 60 mm. It will be a tight fit.

I like the maping as most of our trails around here are on the free OSM map site.

I got mine on sale too. At it's old retail of $450, I don't think the value is there. With $100 off or the 20% I got, it was worth it.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you like the edge 305 maybe you can get another one off ebay. I lost mine and bought one off ebay for $80 dollars. Then I found mine in my bike shoe and sold the one I bought off ebay for $84. Garmin still repairs edge 305's for 70 bucks so even it if fails you can get a refurbished one with a one year warranty for a worst case scenario of 150.

I like my edge 305 a lot. I use it on the 98% of my bike rides where I know exactly where I am going and it works great. I bought a Oregon 450 for about 200 and use it on the rare occasion that I am exploring unknown areas and want to use Topo maps and upload GPX files. The Edge 800 and 810 are massively overpriced in my opinion. For the cost of one of those units you can buy a edge 200 for basic riding, and an a mapping GPS for exploring. I use my Oregon for hiking and canyoneering too which would be awkward with an edge 800.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me