Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,145

    Looking for a deal on a carbon riser bar 31.8 oversized

    I'm looking for a deal on a carbon riser bar. Low or High rise. Something under $70 shipped.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    g3h6o3
    Reputation: PissedOffCil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,711
    Give yourself a little chance and pay a little more :

    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...er+Bar+08.aspx
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

  3. #3
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil
    Give yourself a little chance and pay a little more :

    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...er+Bar+08.aspx
    Damn almost there. The shipping kills it.

  4. #4
    29 some of the time...
    Reputation: AL29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,945
    You can also snag the DH version for a touch more, if you need the extra width
    also at Jenson

    Sorry, carbon and "budget" just don't play well together. Buck up and buy quality carbon or you will be sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    113
    I don't know anything about MEREK but I saw this.

  6. #6
    g3h6o3
    Reputation: PissedOffCil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,711
    Never heard of Merek... I'd stay away from it. The best value carbon bar you can get is the MonkeyLite XC I posted. I personally have the MonkeyLite SL on my hardtail and I ride it hard without any problem. It is super strong and extra comfy!
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

  7. #7
    Bike Geek
    Reputation: norcalruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    712
    RIP AL DAVIS

  8. #8
    Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Reputation: Bikerbob.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,841

    Truvativ Noir World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by CupOfJava
    I'm looking for a deal on a carbon riser bar. Low or High rise. Something under $70 shipped.

    Thanks
    Hey Cup
    I have a new Truvativ Noir 15mm rise, 640mm wide I won't be using. 155g!
    http://www.bicycling.com/gear/detail...1640-0,00.html
    $75 shipped.
    Email me.

  9. #9
    offroader
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    Hey Cup
    I have a new Truvativ Noir 15mm rise, 640mm wide I won't be using. 155g!
    http://www.bicycling.com/gear/detail...1640-0,00.html
    $75 shipped.
    Email me.
    Drat I wish you had gotten to me a couple days earlier, I just bid on and won a used FSA K force bar on ebay. For $75, I would rather have a new one. Oh well... Thanks anyway bob

  10. #10
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil
    Give yourself a little chance and pay a little more :




    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...er+Bar+08.aspx
    Shipping is very high

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    443
    IMO the risks of buying a no name carbon bar are too high. I've been looking for a good deal on carbon bar for quite some time and I don't think you'll find a better value than the $75 Easton monkeylite xc through Jenson. $70 shipped isn't a realistic budget for a carbon bar unless you want a no name brand brand on ebay from asia.

  12. #12
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,202
    Quote Originally Posted by floxy
    IMO the risks of buying a no name carbon bar are too high. I've been looking for a good deal on carbon bar for quite some time and I don't think you'll find a better value than the $75 Easton monkeylite xc through Jenson. $70 shipped isn't a realistic budget for a carbon bar unless you want a no name brand brand on ebay from asia.
    I paid 35 clams shipped for a new flat Race Face next flat carbon bar on Ebay. I know it's not top of the line but the deals can be found with perseverance.
    And I love beer!!

  13. #13
    g3h6o3
    Reputation: PissedOffCil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,711
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee
    I paid 35 clams shipped for a new flat Race Face next flat carbon bar on Ebay. I know it's not top of the line but the deals can be found with perseverance.
    Used I guess...
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

  14. #14
    Nuts
    Reputation: bdundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,202
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil
    Used I guess...
    New
    And I love beer!!

  15. #15
    g3h6o3
    Reputation: PissedOffCil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,711
    Cool... Facking hell that was the total deal... almost suspicious!
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

  16. #16
    g3h6o3
    Reputation: PissedOffCil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,711
    Might have found what you're looking for :

    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...er+Bar+09.aspx
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

  17. #17
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    I just bought a ~116g kcnc sc bone flatbar for $65 shipped. Should be as light as most carbon bars. 31.8
    RH SL Pro

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    I just bought a ~116g kcnc sc bone flatbar for $65 shipped. Should be as light as most carbon bars. 31.8
    true, but there are a lot of factors besides weight. A wide, strong low rise bar is quite different from a narrow, XC-only flat bar. And that is ignoring the vibration damping properties of carbon which is why some people look for carbon in the first place

  19. #19
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    true, but there are a lot of factors besides weight. A wide, strong low rise bar is quite different from a narrow, XC-only flat bar. And that is ignoring the vibration damping properties of carbon which is why some people look for carbon in the first place
    you're right, i overlooked the vibration absorbing of carbon. But what would you recommend for ~$70 shipped for a flat 31.8mm bar?
    RH SL Pro

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    you're right, i overlooked the vibration absorbing of carbon. But what would you recommend for ~$70 shipped for a flat 31.8mm bar?
    Not saying you bought a bad bar, I was just trying to point out that your recommendation was different than what the OP was looking for. That KCNC is a good deal for a WW bar.

  21. #21
    Religion = Non-thinking
    Reputation: louisssss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Not saying you bought a bad bar, I was just trying to point out that your recommendation was different than what the OP was looking for. That KCNC is a good deal for a WW bar.
    for a noob whos never installed a handlebar before, is there anything i should know about other than removing all the screws for the stem/shifters/brakes and removing the grips and installing the new bar on stem, then installing everything else?

    do i need loctite on anything? how tight should the screws be for the stem?
    RH SL Pro

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bloodyknee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,060
    Not sure if you are still looking but Jenson has the Answer Protaper Carbon Riser Bar for $46.99.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •