Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    human dehumidifier

Looking for a deal on BB-7s

Has anyone seen any deals on BB-7 brake sets? I've looked at the usual suspects - Price Point, Jenson, Speedgoat - but am still hoping to save a few bucks more.

Thanks
    But if you close your eyes it becomes so easy to see

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Here is where I just bought mine. http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...rake-160mm.htm
    Brandon
    09 Santa Cruz Superlight
    00 Diamondback XR-4
    99 Specialized S-Works

~Disc~Golf~
    find a bb7 hater here and offer them a deal
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    greenfishsports.com has them for $40

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNDFIZ
    Yeah, bluesky's the lowest so far, greenfish is 2nd at 52 cents more. Bluesky's cheaper on SD-7 levers by $5 too.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob
    Yeah, bluesky's the lowest so far, greenfish is 2nd at 52 cents more. Bluesky's cheaper on SD-7 levers by $5 too.
    Be sure to look at shipping costs.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

human dehumidifier
    Thanks for saving me some money Shiggy - $10.25 at bluesky, free at greenfish

human dehumidifier
    I noticed that 185 and 160 mm are the same price ... anybody know if the 185 mm kit comes with a post-mount adapter?

~Disc~Golf~
    I noticed that 185 and 160 mm are the same price ... anybody know if the 185 mm kit comes with a post-mount adapter?
    Mine did (185mm from PP)
    I have also heard of someone recently (can find thread) who didn't...
    AFIK, when you order the front, they send both IS and Post - normally... (it's packaged from Avid/SRAM/whatever, redistributed and never unopened - supposedly)
    Although, I can see where some Return items, or special orders might get 'rearranged' and you'd (whoever was missing PM-adapter for example) might get a package w/out the original contents.

A call or e-mail to confirm cant hurt!!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Mine did as well.

I think the cheapest I found mine was for $38.50 which I had PM'd at Jenson.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by William_Cannon
    Mine did as well.

I think the cheapest I found mine was for $38.50 which I had PM'd at Jenson.
    care to share w/ us who you PM'd Jenson with to get em for $38.50?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by luckie8
    care to share w/ us who you PM'd Jenson with to get em for $38.50?
    PM is price matched. You can do this with any item simply by clicking "Price Match" and entering the info they request.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    My BB7 from Jenson came with IS Front/Rear Adapters AND Post Mount front adapter. The 2009 models are both f/r, no need to specify any longer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    PM is price matched. You can do this with any item simply by clicking "Price Match" and entering the info they request.
    I understood exactly what PM means hence why I'm asking who or should I say which company he did that with to get em for $38.50?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by luckie8
    I understood exactly what PM means hence why I'm asking who or should I say which company he did that with to get em for $38.50?
    Haven't been able to find it that low at any of the websites I use for comparison shopping:

Google Shopping
    qbike
    bestwebbuys

Just add a dot com after qbike & bestwebbuys. And for bestwebbuys select "Bikes" from the drop-down menu.

The lowest I found was $39.99 using qbike but that was for the 2008 versions. Blue Sky Cycling's is the next price up at $42.98 for the 2008's as well. FWIW.

Good luck.

EDIT: I use multiple searches because a single search isn't sometimes all-inclusive. Some companies seem to be left out for some reason.

human dehumidifier
    That 39.99 price found at qbike isn't valid at the seller's site. Sometimes that happens.

habitual line-stepper
    i'm gonna hold out and see if the price drops around xmas. last year i got bb7's from greenfish for $35 (plus free shipping). still kicking myself for only picking up one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kanai
    i'm gonna hold out and see if the price drops around xmas. last year i got bb7's from greenfish for $35 (plus free shipping). still kicking myself for only picking up one.
    Might not have to wait 'til xmas as usually there are sales around Thanksgiving. In real stores called "Black Friday". Online equivalent called "Cyber Monday".

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That 39.99 price found at qbike isn't valid at the seller's site. Sometimes that happens.
    Yeah, forgot to mention that sometimes happens with all of them. Just a little bit irritatiing but then that's why I use multiple sites for comparison shopping.

human dehumidifier
    Looking around now leads me to XT hydros ... at this rate I might not be able to come to a decision by Black Friday

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    dude, $35 vs $43, your only talking about $16 here. Is it really worth fussing over.I'd think that the amount of timne you've spent reading this thread is probably worth more than $16.

human dehumidifier
    Dude, speaking for all the dudes in this thread, I'm not sure which dude you're talking to. But, if I'm the dude you mean, then, dude, I've been known to wear the internet out trying to make up my mind on which part to go with and at what price.

But yeah, if I had to feed a meter every time I asked a question or read a response, then sure it'd add up to a point where looking more is crazy. But I don't, so it isn't.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Dude, speaking for all the dudes in this thread, I'm not sure which dude you're talking to. But, if I'm the dude you mean, then, dude, I've been known to wear the internet out trying to make up my mind on which part to go with and at what price.

But yeah, if I had to feed a meter every time I asked a question or read a response, then sure it'd add up to a point where looking more is crazy. But I don't, so it isn't.
    +1.

For someone who doesn't need it "right now!" sometimes a little patience pays dividends. Literally.

Maybe I'm weird, but I'm accustomed to waiting for that "20% OFF, THREE DAYS ONLY!!!" or whatever sale.

What I have now works well enough, & I'm not the type that needs the latest the greatest. In fact, I'm sort of a retro-grouch. Still using tapered BB/cranks, still have (& used, until recently) 8 spd friction/indexed ST thumb shifters, etc.

habitual line-stepper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes
    +1.

For someone who doesn't need it "right now!" sometimes a little patience pays dividends. Literally.

Maybe I'm weird, but I'm accustomed to waiting for that "20% OFF, THREE DAYS ONLY!!!" or whatever sale.

What I have now works well enough, & I'm not the type that needs the latest the greatest. In fact, I'm sort of a retro-grouch. Still using tapered BB/cranks, still have (& used, until recently) 8 spd friction/indexed ST thumb shifters, etc.
    +2
    but since i've only been back into mtb'ing for a couple years, i don't qualify as a retro-grouch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kanai
    +2
    but since i've only been back into mtb'ing for a couple years, i don't qualify as a retro-grouch
    +3...Price is the point

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast