mtbr member

Looking for 2004 Konas, RM's, etc...

Hi,

I am a beginner and I am trying to find some good deals on either a demo or closeout 2004 model I have tried Ebay and others and I am still looking. I want either a good hardtail or decent FS that would have listed for around $1000.
    Some Konas that I am looking at include the Caldera and the Kikapu. I am also looking at the Giant NRS 2, Jamis Dakota, Specialized Rockhopper Pro (disc), and the Rocky mountain Vertex. I am a recent college grad so money is tight right now so I have a budget of $650 or so. If you guys can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    anybody seen any calderas or Rocky Mountain Vertex on sale??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffney10
    anybody seen any calderas or Rocky Mountain Vertex on sale??

squirrellyrabbit

wheelworld?

Wheelworld had some kona closeouts a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure what the models are...

mtbr member
    Hi,

I am a beginner and I am trying to find some good deals on either a demo or closeout 2004 model I have tried Ebay and others and I am still looking. I want either a good hardtail or decent FS that would have listed for around $1000.
    Some Konas that I am looking at include the Caldera and the Kikapu. I am also looking at the Giant NRS 2, Jamis Dakota, Specialized Rockhopper Pro (disc), and the Rocky mountain Vertex. I am a recent college grad so money is tight right now so I have a budget of $650 or so. If you guys can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

with October approaching has anybody seen any deals in the South? My budget has grown to $700 and that is tops. The best I have seen so far is $799 for a Kikapu. I am looking for something in a 18-19" frame. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Also, add the Jamis Dakar XLT to that list...

jrm
    mtbr member

my $.o2

Hi,

Thanks!
    Go to www.konaworld.com and look for local dealers. Then call the dealers and ask about avaiability of the specific models your interested in.

mtbr member
    Thanks! I have tried that. Any dealers in the NC/SC/GA/VA area on here willing to sell any 2004 models for closeout prices??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks! I have tried that. Any dealers in the NC/SC/GA/VA area on here willing to sell any 2004 models for closeout prices??
    Kikapu or Rockhopper fsr are both good choices (for duallies). Sorry I can't help with dealers, since I'm up in Canada, so all I can suggest is for you to get dealer listings from their websites and phone around for your size and price range. This is the time of year you should definitely be able to get a deal on an '04!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    what size your looking for ? i can check out some LBS around my area . does it have to be 2004 ? what about 2003-2004 model ?

jrm
    mtbr member

You gotta get on the phone..

Also try speedgoat. Their a kona on line dealer...