Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Lake MX400 for $133!!!

These usually sell for $400 or more. Anyone ever order anything from this company?

http://elitecycling.biz/page.cfm?Pag...and=219&type=T

edit:I used this link for a pricematch from Jenson and they approved it, don't need to worry about them.
    Last edited by Kurt(Miami); 03-05-2008 at 11:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I ordered the fork for my current build from them last week, got a tracking number in the mail and it should be here later this week, so as long as they aren't shipping me a box of rocks I'd say they are legit.

Even better than Jenson price matched it though.

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt(Miami)
    These usually sell for $400 or more. Anyone ever order anything from this company?

http://elitecycling.biz/page.cfm?Pag...and=219&type=T

edit:I used this link for a pricematch from Jenson and they approved it, don't need to worry about them.
    DUDE, good find...we'll see if they come through. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Just bought 2 pairs

I just ordered 2 pairs of these (1 for me, 1 for my brother) - can't wait. What a great deal. I price-matched them at Jenson, but they don't give you the free shipping if you match, so I just got them from Elite Cycling and saved a couple more bucks. ;p hey, every little bit counts. Can't wait to break them in on my new Mountain Cycle Zen I just built over the weekend!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    My question is where I can get the shoes fitted. The custom mold procedure sounds scary (putting shoes into an oven), and the closest Lake dealer for me is 4hrs away. Might have to try it myself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yeah, not a scary procedure - I have some Sole Ultra running shoe insoles that you put in your kitchen oven for a few minutes at a certain temp when you first buy 'em and then walk around in them for a few minutes and they mold to your feet. Sounds like this is the same technology. Pretty simple - here's the user manual that explains exactly what to do:

http://www.lakecycling.com/images/cfc_manual_web.pdf

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drc151
    Yeah, not a scary procedure - I have some Sole Ultra running shoe insoles that you put in your kitchen oven for a few minutes at a certain temp when you first buy 'em and then walk around in them for a few minutes and they mold to your feet. Sounds like this is the same technology. Pretty simple - here's the user manual that explains exactly what to do:

http://www.lakecycling.com/images/cfc_manual_web.pdf
    Thanks!

veldrijder
    I just ordered a pair via the pricematch at Jenson - we'll see how the CFC tech works out when they get here.

tl1
    Bicyclist

Nice price on Lake winter shoes too...

...but only in size 40.

Lake '08 MXZ302 Winter Mountain Shoe $125.00
    http://elitecycling.biz/page.cfm?Pag...ils&sku=SH0430

mtbr member

thats Jensons

for you, they had all sizes yesterday. They matched for me but I think this deal was too good so they have taken these off the roster till the sale is over. Except for that segment of the market who have a size 40 shoe.

veldrijder
    Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter
    for you, they had all sizes yesterday. They matched for me but I think this deal was too good so they have taken these off the roster till the sale is over.
    Can you blame them? If I was them I probably just wouldn't have pricematched but I'm glad they did and I got mine.

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter
    for you, they had all sizes yesterday. They matched for me but I think this deal was too good so they have taken these off the roster till the sale is over. Except for that segment of the market who have a size 40 shoe.
    Looks like they did that with the MX400s now too

I dont see why they just don't reject the price match on deep discounts (like cambria does) instead of doing that.

tl1
    Bicyclist

They better start doing that with...

...everything because Elite Cycling looks to be slightly less expensive on just about everything compared to Jenson and many things are quite a bit less expensive than Jenson. The MX 400 shoes are $480 at Jenson. I ordered a chainring from Elite to test them out. For example, it was $20 there and 22.50 at Jenson.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Anyone know how the sizing fits compared to cheap Forte shoes? I have very square feet so if the toe is heavily rounded they don't work for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I got my tracking #, shoes should be here on Wednesday.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Got the shoes today, no problems.

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Mine came today too! Looks like I'm doing a little baking tonight. Might throw in some brownies too while I'm at it, make em smell nice.

Thanks again Kurt...really a great deal.

veldrijder
    Delivery attempt on mine today, but I wasn't home - so I'll have them tomorrow

You down with entropy?
    dang no 44.5......
    I was too slow

tl1
    Bicyclist

I got my chainring too...

...yesterday, which was pretty fast shipping for regular UPS. I think we can call Elite Cycling legit.

You down with entropy?
    well took the chance on the 45.
    I figured that I might be able to use some other insoles if the fit is too loose.

thanks for the tip

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Anyone know how they are for narrow feet? I have borderline women's feet and have always needed narrow shoes. The custom thing looks nice and the price looks nicer!

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    I have fairly narrow feet too and these fit me fine. They make a wide version too apparently for wider feet (not listed on elite I don't think). Mine say "45.0" and my bro's say "46 Wide" but he didn't request "wide"...luck of the draw? I guess you could just call them and specify.

Which way? Uphill.
    I'd say Lakes in general run a bit narrow. I'm usually a 44, but they felt a little tight in the Lakes, so I went for a 45.

You'd probably be fine ordering your normal size.

Here's a good chart from Performance for comparing the sizes in different brands.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

mtbr member

great chart

Thats a great chart thanks. I find 661 varys depending the year. 2006 ran a bit smaller and 2007 and 2008 ran bigger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast