Thread: Kudos to Jenson

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Kudos to Jenson

I don't normally talk up internet companies but feel the need to give some due credit to Jenson. In the past couple of months I've easily spent a couple of thousand dollars at various online retailers trying to get the best deals on three frames that I'm currently in the process of building up. Jenson alone is responsible for a huge chunk of my budget due to their price matching (and often beating), selection, in-stock items, etc. Another plus that Jenson has on their side that other companies such as Cambria, Pricepoint, and Green Fish Sports cannot lay claim to is that their parts are new in the box. Do you know how depressing it is to drop 700.00 for a front fork and wheelset under the impression that they are new in the box only to have them show up in a cut down bike box wrapped in bubble wrap with their misc. parts strewn throughout crumpled up newspaper?

Last night I attempted to mount a pair of Avid Code 185's to my Jamis and was dismayed (understatement) to find that the front calipers would not clear the rotor when mounted on a Minute Manitou 4. None of the adapters in the package for the Codes were working and none of the bolts were even close to being long enough. After doing some research on Sram/Avid's site I was at a loss as none of the available diagrams offered a solution to my problem. One call to Jenson and only one day later I had the proper adapter and correct length bolts to mount the front caliper. That is customer service and that is why I will wholeheartedly recommend Jenson to anyone.

stay thirsty, my friends
    Thanks for sharing.

Everyone is always so quick to dismiss online retailers and to say that their customer service sucks. Then they tell you to run to your LBS and support them even though some LBS's have their fair share of service mishaps. Yes Jenson is a large internet retailer but they ship super quick and have top notch service -- hard to argue against that.
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

on my 3rd wind...
    I like Jenson too. But I do have other fav... They all get good chunk of my...for various reason.

One thing that other on-line retailors can learn from Jenson is how quick they ship stuff out. Usually on the same day or next day. If their website says "ships today" or "ships next day", they mean exactly that. Most retailors are terrible at this.

I ordered this one item that is in back-order...I knew this when I ordered it. But I didn't care since Jenson is the only one who carried the such item. I don't have to call Jenson for an ETA, they send an email once a week with the expected arrival day.
    sth

anyone else smell that?
    <-- another jensen groupy. it's rare when they don't have what i want. they ship quickly and responsive to emails. i support my lbs's when i can (and they have what i want in stock....). i prefer to build up my bikes part by part (it's a great way to learn, imo) so being able to browse online to see what is available and affordable is a great thing.