I always bleed like this.

Just a word on Outside Outfitters

Great Customer Service. Really good prices on a lot of items.
    They are not the fastest shippers but awesome CS.

I ordered from them twice recently. One should have qualified for free shipping but the computer added it, probably because I ordered a fork. I asked about it in the comments section when I ordered and got an email the next day saying it should have qualified and that they were crediting me the shipping. Never sent an email about it, they just took care of it.

Next shipment they left out a tire. No big deal, stuff like that happens. They called my contact number within two hours of me sending an email about it asking if I wanted a credit, (I asked about the option in the email) or if I wanted them to ship it. If they had sent an email that day I would have considered it good CS but a phone call? I have never seen that. Really good CS.

I am not affiliated with them, just impressed by some strong service.

mtbr member
    I just received my first ever order from Outside Outfitters. It was only a couple pairs of socks, but everything was great. I even included this in the special shipping notes "Please include a small picture on the outside of the package. Maybe a stick figure, a smiley face, or whatever makes you chuckle". Much to my surprise my shipping box has an awesome drawing on the front!

Old & Slow
    Earlier in the year I ordered an Answer Pro Taper bar from them at a "closeout" price of $32.00. When I went back to their site the next day to check my status, the same bar was listed in stock for for $45.00. Not complaining, but thought that was kinda odd. The bars arrived in SoCal in 4 days. I'll use them again.

mtbr member
    Good prices but take forever to ship.

ouch....
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeer View Post
    I just received my first ever order from Outside Outfitters. It was only a couple pairs of socks, but everything was great. I even included this in the special shipping notes "Please include a small picture on the outside of the package. Maybe a stick figure, a smiley face, or whatever makes you chuckle". Much to my surprise my shipping box has an awesome drawing on the front!
    Lol that is awesome
    Riding.....

Carbon HT Pilot
    I ordered a set of American Classic tubeless stems from them. The price was great. I did have to send an email after a few days to see why they hadn't shipped. I got a return email right away and it was followed by another email with tracking info. They didn't ship till I inquired. I will use them again!
    2012 Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 29er
    2013 P26Pro
    2012 P20Pro

Barrel end of my Nikon D300
    http://www.activeaperture.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My experiences have been the same. Good prices, great service, but not the fasted shipping. Their returns are also great. I bought a helmet that was a bit too big (my fault) and they exchanged it for a different size no questions asked.

They are one of my go-to online retailers...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeer View Post

Let's see it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Great guys and prices, but seriously, they take foooooorever to ship. last few orders have been 3-4 days but i've had some that took 2-3 weeks to ship. That's not including actual shipping time. just what they take to get the order out.

Life Is Short
    I too have wondered why shipping a saddle took 2 weeks and a day to get. They are like pot smoking hippies, nothing wrong
    with that but hippies are usually on "Hawaiian Time", so don't plan a big vacation and expect the
    part to come when you think it will. Good pot smoking hippie service though.

mtbr member
    From my experience, they are AWESOME!!!!

Great prices (cheap), and great customer service! Plus free shipping on orders over a certain amount. Thats a big factor for me! I've also contacted them with product questions and they have gone above and beyond to answer the questions and to accomodate my requests. It does take a couple of days to get the order going, but they are up front about it and I just plan accordingly. Recommended!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I ordered a frame from them recently and received it in Brooklyn by ground delivery 7 business days later, so I can't complain about timeliness.

Sadly UPS had dropped the box off a forklift somewhere along the way and ruined one of the dropouts (though to be fair, their claim to fame is "tightest," not "smoothest" ship in the shipping business). The Outside guys were very responsive and communicative until UPS finally resolved ("owned up to") the damage claim. New frame on the way, expected in about a week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BKJimmy View Post
    I ordered a frame from them recently and received it in Brooklyn by ground delivery 7 business days later, so I can't complain about timeliness.

Sadly UPS had dropped the box off a forklift somewhere along the way and ruined one of the dropouts (though to be fair, their claim to fame is "tightest," not "smoothest" ship in the shipping business). The Outside guys were very responsive and communicative until UPS finally resolved ("owned up to") the damage claim. New frame on the way, expected in about a week.
    Damn, this just happened to me with a fork from another Co., how long did it take UPS to cut a check?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mbikerguy View Post
    Damn, this just happened to me with a fork from another Co., how long did it take UPS to cut a check?

Thanks!
    Ten days. Though there was a bit of bumbling around involved--they picked up the damaged frame, accidentally tried to re-deliver it before sending it to their nearby depot for damage inspection, so maybe your result will be quicker.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for the thread. I ordered a few items Friday and will report back when I get them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I placed an order last Monday and got it today. I'm happy with them.
    2014 Jamis Dakar XCT 650b Pro

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I received the items yesterday and am happy.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Order placed: Oct 31 @ 22:30
    Order received: Nov 3 @ 13:53

The only downside was UPS being involved. They delivered it (3rd time it's happened, all 3 times by UPS) to the right house number, but the wrong street.
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!