Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2004

JetLites Phantom Single Beam w/Smartswitch and Fuel Gauge - $231.26 shipped

http://www.mpgear.com/index.asp?Page...ROD&ProdID=787
    10% coupon code: MB10628

price: 256.95 - 10% = 231.26 (free ground shipping)

Just received the unit and boy it's bright! I haven't tested on trail yet but from what I can tell it's going to be fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by soonbaek
    http://www.mpgear.com/index.asp?Page...ROD&ProdID=787
    10% coupon code: MB10628

price: 256.95 - 10% = 231.26 (free ground shipping)

Just received the unit and boy it's bright! I haven't tested on trail yet but from what I can tell it's going to be fun!
    Thanks for the info & coupon code. I've been eyeing these for quite sometime but haven't pulled the trigger....until now!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter
    Thanks for the info & coupon code. I've been eyeing these for quite sometime but haven't pulled the trigger....until now!!
    No prob. Glad to share it with others.

Went on short ride on familiar trail with these lights and boy they're BRIGHT! I was feeling bit guilty for spending this much on a (halogen) light but after 1 night ride I know I made a right choice. Have fun!

mtnjam
    thanks....been looking for a good deal on these.

E-mailed Larry at mtnhighcyclery about them but hasn't returned my inquiry...so I figured I couldn't beat this deal

Still looking for something to replace my old NR handlebar mount system. Been looking at the L&M ARC NiMH light. Know of any good deals on those?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    Still looking for something to replace my old NR handlebar mount system. Been looking at the L&M ARC NiMH light. Know of any good deals on those?
    No sorry. But I'm very impressed with the JetLite

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Find the 20% performance coupon; I got mine for $315ish shipped.

-Sp

thanks....been looking for a good deal on these.

E-mailed Larry at mtnhighcyclery about them but hasn't returned my inquiry...so I figured I couldn't beat this deal

trying to ride
    Sep 2005
    I placed an order with MPGear last tuesday morning.... and still haven't seen my light... Should I be worried yet? They did pick up the phone once last week and they said it was shipping out. I've since called once a day and left a message once with no return call.

Thanks
    Adam

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by adam90xj
    I placed an order with MPGear last tuesday morning.... and still haven't seen my light... Should I be worried yet? They did pick up the phone once last week and they said it was shipping out. I've since called once a day and left a message once with no return call.

Thanks
    Adam
    My order has been delayed as well. However, CS (Erik) has been very good - they shipped out overnight when I needed the light for the upcoming race.

Good luck!
    Last edited by soonbaek; 10-04-2005 at 06:19 PM.

cog-it-goes ergo sum
    Quote Originally Posted by soonbaek
    My order has been delayed as well. However, CS has been very good - they shipped out overnight when I needed the light for the upcoming race. Try contacting Erik.

Good luck!
    I ordered my light from them this past Friday. I emailed them yesterday about the status of my order. Erik said they were backordered and should ship out tomorrow. I got a fairly quick response from my email.
    D

trying to ride
    Sep 2005
    I just received an Email stating that the order has shipped. However, when I spoke with CS last week they said the order was going out that day..... Hopefully shipping will be quick.

Thanks for the updates
    Adam

mtnjam
    got an e-mail today... they finally shipped it. Ordered it on 9/30, but Erik has been great about updates. Apparently Jet Lites experienced a problem with their light cable not being available.

Get out of town!
    DId you guys/gals get the 12W or 20W? I had a storm hid last year and now I am looking for another light. Is the 12W bright enough to use alone? How well does it pick up technical terrain? Thanks.

mtnjam
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnk1975
    DId you guys/gals get the 12W or 20W? I had a storm hid last year and now I am looking for another light. Is the 12W bright enough to use alone? How well does it pick up technical terrain? Thanks.
    just got the 20W helmet mount. Haven't used it on a ride yet, but looking at it compared to my old NR, it is more of a diffused brightness (still very bright) instead of a central hot spot like the NR. The 12 W would probably be plenty bright to use alone though. I'll post something once I get a ride in with the 20W.

Get out of town!
    just got the 20W helmet mount. Haven't used it on a ride yet, but looking at it compared to my old NR, it is more of a diffused brightness (still very bright) instead of a central hot spot like the NR. The 12 W would probably be plenty bright to use alone though. I'll post something once I get a ride in with the 20W.

Thanks - if the burn time is good on the 20W then I will probably just order that instead. I will typically be riding between 1.5 to 2 hours though. Do you have to specify bar or helmet mount when you order?

mtnjam
    Thanks - if the burn time is good on the 20W then I will probably just order that instead. I will typically be riding between 1.5 to 2 hours though. Do you have to specify bar or helmet mount when you order?
    the burn time will be plenty for the 20W if you're riding 1 to 2 hours. Yes, you do need to specify which mount you want, but I'm sure you could get both helmet and bar if you call them and tell Jet that you want to switch mounts once in a while. I just talked to them last night after I got mine, they are going to be sending me a new smart charger

Bodhisattva
    I'm a bit late to this party but what the heck...

I have 2 L&M ARC HID NiMh for sale. Each used 15 times and in new condition. They come with both helmet & bar mounts and smart charger. Over 3 hrs of run time on high beam.

Asking $300 per light/ shipped. PM with any interest.
    Life....the original terminal illness

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    I'm a bit late to this party but what the heck...

I have 2 L&M ARC HID NiMh for sale. Each used 15 times and in new condition. They come with both helmet & bar mounts and smart charger. Over 3 hrs of run time on high beam.

Asking $300 per light/ shipped. PM with any interest.
    Damn Squeak - where were you when I ordered a NiMh set???
    Nothing to see here.

Bodhisattva
    Sorry dude. Just decided to make a change. Pass it along to your friends and give me a shout if anyone is interested.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My friend placed that order, and she can't get word of where her light is. No reply to email or phone calls. May have to get her credit card company involved.

mtnjam
    Quote Originally Posted by danK
    My friend placed that order, and she can't get word of where her light is. No reply to email or phone calls. May have to get her credit card company involved.
    Dan, have her give Erik a call at mpgear and he should be able to help her out. I know that Jet Lites production was down for a bit while they were getting the connector cable issue resolved. Either that or have her call Jet Lites directy with her order info from mpgear assuming she still has the order confirmation e-mail when she ordered it and they'll help out. Friendly customer service when I talked to them last night...good luck

still in Boise?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Mine had both bulbs included. They threw in 12W bulb as a bonus.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

The latest on JetLite, inventory and other stuff.

Hey folks!

Erik here from MPGear.com. I thought I would post directly here since there seems to be a lot of confusion etc. on the status of JetLites and delays with some orders.

Here's the rundown:
    About 6 weeks ago (maybe longer) JetLite encountered a production shortage on one of the key components (primary cable) for ALL of their lighting systems. As a result, all production at JetLite stopped for about 3 weeks.

Around this same time period, we started receiving orders from this post (Thank You!) but, as a result, we blew through our available inventory in a matter of days and after checking on a re-order shipment, received the bad news from JetLite.

Ever since then, we have been playing a bit of 'catch-up' to get the lights in we need to ship for orders. As of today (11/7/05) are we sold out of the Phantoms but expect another shipment to arrive Wed or so of this week. As soon as we receive the shipment, we will ship the orders we have on file.

We hope to be complete caught up this week with excess inventory in stock for any other orders that may come through.

In any case, I wanted to get this out there to all anyone who might be wondering or thinking about ordering lights so you would know the current status.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you again for the opportunity and thank you for your business.

Erik
    Owner, MPGear.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Excellent follow-up! Customers appreciate that.... One thing: why so long to explain? Busy?

Quote Originally Posted by outfitter
    Hey folks!

Erik here from MPGear.com. I thought I would post directly here since there seems to be a lot of confusion etc. on the status of JetLites and delays with some orders.

Here's the rundown:
    About 6 weeks ago (maybe longer) JetLite encountered a production shortage on one of the key components (primary cable) for ALL of their lighting systems. As a result, all production at JetLite stopped for about 3 weeks.

Around this same time period, we started receiving orders from this post (Thank You!) but, as a result, we blew through our available inventory in a matter of days and after checking on a re-order shipment, received the bad news from JetLite.

Ever since then, we have been playing a bit of 'catch-up' to get the lights in we need to ship for orders. As of today (11/7/05) are we sold out of the Phantoms but expect another shipment to arrive Wed or so of this week. As soon as we receive the shipment, we will ship the orders we have on file.

We hope to be complete caught up this week with excess inventory in stock for any other orders that may come through.

In any case, I wanted to get this out there to all anyone who might be wondering or thinking about ordering lights so you would know the current status.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you again for the opportunity and thank you for your business.

Erik
    Owner, MPGear.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I think it was just a combination of things....

- Super busy trying to fill these orders
    - Took a bit of time to track down all of the sources for all the great traffic

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by danK
    Excellent follow-up! Customers appreciate that.... One thing: why so long to explain? Busy?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    the update is HIGHLY appreciated. i had some reservations about ordering a set of Jet Lites before this. i just submitted an order today, Erik. thanks for being so clear and helpful in addressing my questions!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast