Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Jet 9 RDO, Where to buy

I'm looking for a new Jet 9 RDO. Size medium in Tangerine color.
    Gonna build it myself, so not really after a total bike purchase.
    Tangerine seems quite difficult to find. Anyone point me in the right direction.

Looks like hammerhead bikes is only online dealer that has one in stock.
    What say you?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    No longer made. If you can find one snatch it up. The old RDO is the new Jet 9 carbon and theres a new RDO version.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yep. Knew that the new jet carbon is the old RDO. I'd like the new RDO but I really, really don't like the green color.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Hammerheadbikes just lowered the prices on the Jet RDO to a smoking deal. Scott Robertson is a pleasure to do business with. I bought one from him a few months ago. What are you waiting for?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfitzem View Post
    I'm looking for a new Jet 9 RDO. Size medium in Tangerine color.
    Gonna build it myself, so not really after a total bike purchase.
    Tangerine seems quite difficult to find. Anyone point me in the right direction.

Looks like hammerhead bikes is only online dealer that has one in stock.
    What say you?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    What am I waiting on???? My annual bonus.

mtbr member
    Tangerine RDO's are so badass, keep us posted
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Oh, I see. You are looking, not ready to buy. Maybe you should ask once you are ready to buy. When do you get your annual bonus? Maybe it will be the additional $1,000/$1,300 it will cost you to get a new Jet Carbon/Jet RDO if you keep waiting. FWIW, the new Jet 9 Carbon is not completely the same as the Jet RDO V1.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Epiphreddy, You don't have to be an a$$.
    I didn't want to put it on the Credit card.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Not trying to be an a$$. If you keep waiting they will be gone. Now is the time!!!! Do it man!!!! Not trying to get you into financial difficulty, but these prices will not last forever, and you already said you REALLY don't like the Green RDO (nor do I), the RDOV1 has the better rear shock, colors, and pivot bearings.
    I have never seen prices this good on a $2,600 frame (which now is $2,800 for the new RDO). You can pick one up from BigKahunaCycles for $1,500 shipped and you can get many places to price match........such as HammerHeadbikes.
    Stop looking and buy your dream bike!!!!!!!!! If you don't do it now, it will be this time next year before the prices go back down, and I doubt they will go down this much ever again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thank you.
    Big Kahuna doesn't have the tang or a medium in stock "per their website).

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hammerhead doesn't have a Medium tang currently in stock. Hoping to get some early next week.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    So you have looked at BikeBling, CompetitiveCyclist, Speedgoat, etc.? There was a thread in the Niner Section where people posted where they picked theirs up and whether or not they came with a headset. There is a RDO V1 which has an Inset headset (such as a Chris King Inset 3) headset and a RDO V1.1 which comes with the Integrated headset. The Integrated frames generally included the headset and the Inset headtube frames do not. Many of the dealers do not know this, so you should make sure of this before you buy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Didn't even think about the headset. Thought all of the frames would come without one. Thanks for letting me know
    All shops listed above are either sold out (Speedgoat & CC) or don't have the Tang color.
    Bike Bling is a bit higher on price. Anyone know if they price match?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hammerhead is out of stock on the Tang. Also stated that he can no longer get that color.... Crap.
    They will, however, have a white one in and will include the integrated headset...
    Never owned a white mountain bike before.
    Decisions..

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    As you know it is black and white. To me it is the best color with Black being second and tang 3rd. I like them all and almost went with Black, but the white looks great with a white fork, possibly a white stem and not to mention blue and red scattered about on the bike.....QR, seatpost clamp, stem cap, spoke nipples, etc.
    I am pretty sure bikebling does price match, might as well call them and ask.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Bike bling doesn't have any white mediums in stock either. Looks like I'm stuck waiting a bit longer.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Just talked to Chris at Big Kahuna. Their shop is about 10 mins away from me.
    Another shipment is in transit to Niner. Chris has a number of the frames on order including Mediums in both black and white. $1500 + $35 shipping. He expects to receive them in 2 weeks or so. I just helped out my brother in NorCal with full XT build, Stan's Arch EX wheels, Niner stem, bars, seatpost for $3700. I wouldn't hesitate to give Chris a call(720-981-5199) .He's really easy to work with and great deals.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH View Post
    Just talked to Chris at Big Kahuna. Their shop is about 10 mins away from me.
    Another shipment is in transit to Niner. Chris has a number of the frames on order including Mediums in both black and white. $1500 + $35 shipping. He expects to receive them in 2 weeks or so. I just helped out my brother in NorCal with full XT build, Stan's Arch EX wheels, Niner stem, bars, seatpost for $3700. I wouldn't hesitate to give Chris a call(720-981-5199) .He's really easy to work with and great deals.
    Yeah, Chris is great. I went in his shop last year to demo a RIP9 - I didn't wind up buying the bike but the service was very good - even gave me a set of 29" tubes in case I had a flat. (I think i was supposed to return the tubes but I forgot! Oops!) They also threw on my clipless pedals for me. I've been eyeing those Niner RDO's for some time as well I'd think I would need a small for my 5'7" height tho pity.

-dx

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I called him earlier today, told me to check the website in couple of weeks.
    Looks like I'm stuck in a holding pattern until I can find a white one in my size.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I would like to publicly advise jfitzem of how annoyed I am with him for causing problems within my marriage. If I hadn't seen this thread then I would not be wanting to buy an RDO frame so badly. Therefore my wife would not be mad at me for wanting to do so.

Darn you jfitzem!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Wolfie1992
    Flowers or relatively inexpensive jewelry. Send me tha bill (everybody else does).

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jfitzem View Post
    Wolfie1992
    Flowers or relatively inexpensive jewelry. Send me tha bill (everybody else does).
    No worries my friend. Besides, since I have three daughters I'm fairly used to the feminine type being peeved at me for one reason or another.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Yep, I need the frame only. Already have a Fox fork.
    Thanks for the heads-up though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cant fix a flat View Post
    I hope wolfie doesn't check this link

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast