Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Got a brand new Fox Float fork today (Tapered, 100, thru axel F29 with Kashima) for the frame I'm unable to locate. Big thanks to Cycleworks in Mt Airy NC. $550

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Geez....You guys are making it very difficult for me to keep from cheating on both my wife and my 2011 Epic with the RDO. And the orange.......mmmmmm.

I've been thinking lately that college may be overrated and maybe my daughters won't really need the money in those accounts. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    epiphreddy was right,
    I've waited too long. Been trying to purchase a RDO for last couple of week, Waiting on an order from Hammerhead bikes.
    HH isn't getting any Jet RDO's in. Bike Bling is sold out. Guess I'll look at another bike.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfitzem View Post
    epiphreddy was right,
    I've waited too long. Been trying to purchase a RDO for last couple of week, Waiting on an order from Hammerhead bikes.
    HH isn't getting any Jet RDO's in. Bike Bling is sold out. Guess I'll look at another bike.
    If you can hold off until Friday give Chris a call again at Big Kahuna. I know he was expecting their shipment any time now. They are moving to a bigger space over the next couple of days but will be open at the new shop this Friday

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Just tried calling Big Kahuna, no answer. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try back tomorrow.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfitzem View Post
    Just tried calling Big Kahuna, no answer. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try back tomorrow.
    They probably won't answer the phone today or tomorrow as they are moving the shop. They reopen Friday

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Pulled the trigger after first reading this thread, first ordered the frame and the next morning after realizing I don't have the time, patience or know how to put a mnt bike together I cancel the frame and re-ordered complete bike with xo. :-) shipped yesterday! Good luck and thx for the kick in the pants to jump on this deal

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Finally!!!
    Outside Outfitters received a White Jet9 RDO today and I was able to order. will ship next week.
    Big thanks to Scott at Hammerhead Bikes. Although he was unable to get an RDO in my size he was extremely patient and helpful. If Scott had the bike I wanted, I would've paid more $$ just to work with em. Good guy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Congrats!!!! I think the White one is the best color anyways. Since you are building it up yourself you can pick and chose colors to complement it in a lot of different ways.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    anyone else know where I can find a med? will not be picky with color if I can score one

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Call Big Kahuna bikes first thing tomorrow. Other than that, Jenson is selling the frame and fork, but they will not budge on the price.
    Good luck

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Email Scott at Hammerhead, he just got a few in. Not sure on a M but mine shipping next week but it is a L? Great customer service...

Quote Originally Posted by choeman View Post
    anyone else know where I can find a med? will not be picky with color if I can score one

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Idea! Shameless spam: Jet9 RDO rock protection

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    looks like I missed the boat. Big Kahuna and Hammerhead are not receiving their shipment and they are already sold out of M's. If anyone can find a M from a local dealer that will ship and get close to their pricing, let me know. appreciate all the help

Trail Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by choeman View Post
    looks like I missed the boat. Big Kahuna and Hammerhead are not receiving their shipment and they are already sold out of M's. If anyone can find a M from a local dealer that will ship and get close to their pricing, let me know. appreciate all the help
    That sucks. Missing out on closeout sales on discontinued older models. New model gets 142x12 and new colors and what else? Prob not 600+ more worth. I looked, but only found BikeBling's listing for L and XL frames in black and white, and their website is notoriously bad at matching currently inventory.

Hammerhead seems to have some showing available on their site. Not sure if that's accurate or not. 100OFF seems to work as a coupon too.
    Last edited by Varaxis; 03-02-2013 at 10:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    score, Scott emailed me to let me know that a medium arrived. For anyone still looking, give Scott at hammerhead a call. good guy

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Big Kahuna will get exactly 1 medium in stock this week.. Believe it's black.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    SWEET, I received my Medium White RDO today. Cycleworks is building it. Build is XT kit with Hayes brakes and American Classic tubeless wheels (with the new thru-axel adapted rear hub).

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Jet 9 RDO, Where to buy-imag0224.jpg
    stuck on build, BB adapter we purchased will not work. gotta wait till friday to finish

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Jet 9 RDO, Where to buy-599538_143783859132464_663735729_n.jpg
    Finally, got all the parts and built. now waiting for the first ride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2