Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jesus, Jenson!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Jesus, Jenson!

What in the world is going on at Jenson??? Never had a problem with them before, but this latest experience is a bit baffling. I ordered an Easton handlebar that was described as being 660mm in length. However, the one I received was 685mm. I figured, no big deal, I'm sure Jenson will get me the correct one in no time and pay to ship the wrong one back.

I emailed customer service explaining the situation, and instead of any kind of apology or assurance that they would resolve the problem right away, I get a response asking me to measure my shoulders, and then SHE would tell ME what size I need. Are you kidding??? I respond that I know what size I need, and that was the size I ordered. She then responds with, "I need the bottom bracket here before I can send a new one." WTF????!!!!!! Crazy.

Former Bike Wrench
    so you can't just cut 12.5mm off each end?...really?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I mean no disrespect, but does it really matter? He was shipped an incorrect item and shouldn't have to do extra work to fix someone else's mistake.

Besides, it's not good to cut off the ends of bottom brackets.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Great response, 72. I'll run out and buy a saw and hack away at my brand new carbon bars. That way, when I buy a new frame from Jenson and get a large instead of a medium, I'll be all ready to take a couple inches off the tubes and just weld it back together. What was I thinking?

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpaste
    I mean no disrespect, but does it really matter? He was shipped an incorrect item and shouldn't have to do extra work to fix someone else's mistake.

Besides, it's not good to cut off the ends of bottom brackets.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575fanboy
    I ordered an Easton handlebar that was described as being 660mm in length.
    Read his post dumbass

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Read his post dumbass
    Dumbass??? I think you missed some parts of the post as well. If you had read it in its entirety, you would have understood the humor in his response. Rough day?

Former Bike Wrench
    Great response, 72. I'll run out and buy a saw and hack away at my brand new carbon bars. That way, when I buy a new frame from Jenson and get a large instead of a medium, I'll be all ready to take a couple inches off the tubes and just weld it back together. What was I thinking?
    Apples to Oranges...carbon handlebars, fork steerers, and seatposts are trimmed all the time...your comparison simply shows complete ignorance on your part

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    yea, thats messed up. call back and speak to someone else.

Former Bike Wrench
    Dumbass??? I think you missed some parts of the post as well. If you had read it in its entirety, you would have understood the humor in his response. Rough day?
    Nope, just lacking patience with ignorant posters

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Apples to Oranges...carbon handlebars, fork steerers, and seatposts are trimmed all the time...your comparison simply shows complete ignorance on your part
    Wow! Did I say carbon bars CAN'T be cut??? You really need to move on. You're either having a really bad day, or you're simply an uneducated douche that can't read.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Read his post dumbass
    What exactly do you think I'm confused about? Can you please explain to me how I'm an "ignorant poster?"

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Nope, just lacking patience with ignorant posters
    The only one displaying any ignorance on this thread is YOU. First, you completely missed the point. The issue here isn't so much that they sent me the WRONG bar, but the odd responses from CSR when I tried to get it resolved. You may want to read the post before responding. It seems you jumped the gun. If you had read the original post, you would have comprehended the humor (I would hope) at the other poster's reference to cutting bottom brackets. Wow.

Former Bike Wrench
    Wow! Did I say carbon bars CAN'T be cut??? You really need to move on. You're either having a really bad day, or you're simply an uneducated douche that can't read.
    YOU made the comparison of cutting down a set of hadlebars to cutting a frame and rewelding it. That is a stupid and ignorant argument with YOUR a$$hole response...here let me remind you

So why don't YOU wash the sand out of your vagina and simply fix the issue with a few minutes worth of labor instead of whining about it. Here's a link since you think cutting carbon bars is some kind of special rocket science.

http://www.pvdwiki.com/index.php?tit...ber_Handlebars

Have a nice day

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    YOU made the comparison of cutting down a set of hadlebars to cutting a frame and rewelding it. That is a stupid and ignorant argument with YOUR a$$hole response...here let me remind you

So why don't YOU wash the sand out of your vagina and simply fix the issue with a few minutes worth of labor instead of whining about it. Here's a link since you think cutting carbon bars is some kind of special rocket science.

Have a nice day
    No offense, but is English not your first language? Nothing wrong with that, but it would explain your inability to communicate clearly and comprehend everyone else's posts. You DON'T GET IT. MTBR is so lucky to be blessed with your 5K posts of ****. A true asset.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    If you had read the original post, you would have comprehended the humor (I would hope) at the other poster's reference to cutting bottom brackets.
    Yes, it was an attempt at humor. I was just hoping mtnbiker72 would read my first post and your (yeti575fanboy) first post carefully, and then explain to me how I'm a dumbass.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpaste
    Yes, it was an attempt at humor. I was just hoping mtnbiker72 would read my first post and your (yeti575fanboy) first post carefully, and then explain to me how I'm a dumbass.
    Don't hold your breath. He hasn't understood a single post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Have a nice day
    Dude...what's your deal? Why all the anger right from the start? The OP ordered a part and he expected (rightfully so) that he would receive said part. Sure, he could cut the bars, but you're totally missing the point. He did not receive what he ordered. It shouldn't matter if he got the wrong size bars or if he got a seatpost instead. The wrong part was shipped.

Oh, and was there really a need to call someone a dumba$$ for making a joke about a bottom bracket when the OP said the CSR told him he'd have to return the bottom bracket when he spoke to her?

Just relax man...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Just an update. A Jenson rep contacted me, apologized for the confusion, and will take care of the issue.

Never expected that this thread would turn into a flame war, but I guess it makes for entertaining reading.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    72 needs to lay off a cycle of the juice. Dude, you act like a tool.

Funny response from CS and even funnier post by cowpaste. I'd personally cut a few mm off each side before I hassled with shipping it back, but that's just me.

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant
    72 needs to lay off a cycle of the juice. Dude, you act like a tool.

Funny response from CS and even funnier post by cowpaste. I'd personally cut a few mm off each side before I hassled with shipping it back, but that's just me.
    +1
    mtnbiker72, do you need a hug? I am sensing some pent up anger in you today
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AL29er
    +1
    mtnbiker72, do you need a hug? I am sensing some pent up anger in you today

Hugs not drugs.

LCW
    mtbr member

New question here.

Just an update. A Jenson rep contacted me, apologized for the confusion, and will take care of the issue.
    So what was the resolution? I ordered some Monkey Lite XC 31.8 lo-rise labeled as 660mm, but I got 685mm instead. I noticed Jenson since has taken off any mention of length in their Monkey Lite XC handlebar description...

I've already mounted and used them for a couple rides, so they might not be returnable... But still curious as to your resolution. I'm wondering if Easton even makes a 660mm Monkey Lite XC bar in 31.8...

cheers
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck
    So what was the resolution? I ordered some Monkey Lite XC 31.8 lo-rise labeled as 660mm, but I got 685mm instead. I noticed Jenson since has taken off any mention of length in their Monkey Lite XC handlebar description...

I've already mounted and used them for a couple rides, so they might not be returnable... But still curious as to your resolution. I'm wondering if Easton even makes a 660mm Monkey Lite XC bar in 31.8...

cheers

Honestly guys if the rope is long enough who cares...

Anyway, be careful when cutting always measure from the center of the bars out...

I got a pair (still don't know how long the were), the left side was about 1/2 inch longer than the right...

I just whacked it off with a hacksaw and now they are even, anyway if I ever get around to it, I might whack another 1/2 inch of each side....

LCW
    mtbr member
    Well I contacted them just asking how one goes about ordering a specific length for the Monkey Lite XC, and the response was "Sorry, but we can't guarantee length choice, as our inventory is mixed". I mean, if they are long, you can cut, sure. But that in itself makes the product near worthless if you want to sell them down the road. I don't know about you, but buying used carbon bars would be risk enough, let alone buying a used CUT set of carbon bars.

But even more simply, what if you expect 685 and get 660? Then you're SOL. What's the response gonna be then? "Oh just glue on an extra bit of tube on the end"... yeaaaaah. It's not the question of whether they can be cut, it's the whole issue of knowing what you order is what you'll get, rather than product roulette and a surprise when you open up the Jenson box.
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck
    Well I contacted them just asking how one goes about ordering a specific length for the Monkey Lite XC, and the response was "Sorry, but we can't guarantee length choice, as our inventory is mixed". I mean, if they are long, you can cut, sure. But what if you expect 685 and get 660? Then you SOL. It's the question of whether they can be cut, it's the whole issue of knowing what you order is what you'll get, rather than product roulette and a surprise when you open up the Jenson box.

Interesting if it is long enough you are good to go....

Havn't seen anyone complaining that the bars were too short, have you????

difference is 1/2 inch on each side, not one hell off alot if you ask me...

I am betting the bars are all a little different, kinda like mine were, like a hand lay up difference.

It would be interesting to see what they actually produce probably 95% of their bars are longer than 660, 95% shorter than 685..who knows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast