on my 3rd wind...

JensonUSA price match...none responsive?

I do think very highly of JensonUSA but they semm to be a hit or miss with the price match response. I did a price match on one product via their website but no respose even after three days later. This is not the first time either. Anyone with similar experience?

I suppose I can call to price match or follow up via phone call after requesting a price match but that seems to defeat the whole purpose of having that feature on their website. This seems occur to me when I find a smoking deal that I want to price match...
    sth

anyone else smell that?
    hmmm. i've had really good response from them. almost instantaneous in most cases. i would give them a call and see what is going on. i've never had one turned down, so maybe that has something to do with your particular instance...?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    The same thing has happened to me about 8-10 times in the last 3 months. I did a few price matched when Performance had the $20 off $50 coupon and Jenson never responded. Plus I just did one last week for FSA XC115 stem that Bluesky had for $30 and Jenson had for $90. When I checked back an hour later, Jenson had removed the item from their site and I never got a response from them. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great shop to deal w/.....but the price match failing thing has gotten me to think about whether they are ignoring deals that are too low to pricematch.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rconceptsinc
    The same thing has happened to me about 8-10 times in the last 3 months. I did a few price matched when Performance had the $20 off $50 coupon and Jenson never responded. Plus I just did one last week for FSA XC115 stem that Bluesky had for $30 and Jenson had for $90. When I checked back an hour later, Jenson had removed the item from their site and I never got a response from them. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great shop to deal w/.....but the price match failing thing has gotten me to think about whether they are ignoring deals that are too low to pricematch.
    Sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing. We place a high value on every customer and every transaction, whether you are pricematching or not!

When someone reports they aren't receiving a response to a pricematch request, 99% of the time it is because their email provider is sending our response to their "bulk mail" or "spam" folder. This is especially common with two of the biggest providers - earthlink and hotmail.

In the case of "RCONCEPTS" in particular - , I'm 99% certain which customer he is, and the address they use with us is @hotmail.com.

To help mail delivery, you can add "sales AT jensonusa DOT com" to your address book. This will usually result in messages going straight to your inbox, where you'll see them.

Pricematches are completed almost always within the hour, and if not the same day. The only exception would be a request that came in late Friday, might not be answered until Monday.

As always, if you get stuck, feel free to give us a call, or you can reach me personally via private message here on MTBR.

Thanks!

Justin Christopher
    Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I have always had very good dealings with Jenson!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jchristopher
    Sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing. We place a high value on every customer and every transaction, whether you are pricematching or not!

When someone reports they aren't receiving a response to a pricematch request, 99% of the time it is because their email provider is sending our response to their "bulk mail" or "spam" folder. This is especially common with two of the biggest providers - earthlink and hotmail.

In the case of "RCONCEPTS" in particular - , I'm 99% certain which customer he is, and the address they use with us is @hotmail.com.

To help mail delivery, you can add "sales AT jensonusa DOT com" to your address book. This will usually result in messages going straight to your inbox, where you'll see them.

Pricematches are completed almost always within the hour, and if not the same day. The only exception would be a request that came in late Friday, might not be answered until Monday.

As always, if you get stuck, feel free to give us a call, or you can reach me personally via private message here on MTBR.

Thanks!

Justin Christopher
    Jenson USA
    As I said earlier, Jenson is a great shop. And as Justin suggested, call them up if something doesn't seem right.

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Same here....many, many, OK, maybe to many according to my wife, good dealings with Jenson. 10 years or so.....very professional and cool response from Justin IMO.

mtbr member
    They have always responded to me, even to say no. One request to match CBO's price on an LX cassette in about October/Novemeber was declined as they said it looked like a typo for an earlier model. Some months later I needed some other things; CBO was still advertising the earlier price and Jenson matched this.

Wombat

mtbr member

Umm,,,,

I asked for a price match on the Dos Niner Frame deal Speedgoat had. There response was something to the effect of...we don't know how they can do this and make money. It seems like a really good deal so buy it from them.

Remember ..THE POWER OF PRICESMASH?
    Seems this really faded away. AE bike and Blue Sky have items that are sometimes cheaper. I get it price matched. Go the next day and check the same item from a different computer....no pricematch on the item. It seems they only list pricematches on their website on selective items. Other items, you have to constantly pricematch.

All in all, I have had really good experiences with Jenson over the past 3 years.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    [QUOTE=Ottoreni]I asked for a price match on the Dos Niner Frame deal Speedgoat had. There response was something to the effect of...we don't know how they can do this and make money. It seems like a really good deal so buy it from them.

That Dos Niner package deal is about $70 over cost if you have a QBP account....and even cheaper if you are a larger dealer.

on my 3rd wind...
    Again, I want to emphasize that Jenson is one of my fav and great overall shop But couldn't help but notice some pattern with their price match system that I did not notice with other.

My email address ends with x$%#@msn.com. Hmmm.... Not hotmail but I do realize that msn does own hotmail so maybe that is the reason why???? Anywho I don't always have the luxury of calling to follow up on the price match, especially when I am work. That is why I like the website feature to keep it on the down low. Suppose I can always call but it is not always possible unless I am at home. Problem is when I am home from work, their customer service has already gone home for the day. So what is the point of calling.

One scenario: Price match has to be an exact item (color, size, & etc...)...understood. But usually those items get sold out quick or the sale runs for very short duration. If the store does not check the link you provide for price match ASAP, the item may be already sold out and not be listed anymore. Now you get denied because that "size" or "color" is not listed on the other on-line store. Now how do you prove that item existed?
    sth

Transition Blindside v5

Jenson slow processing?

Jeson's been responsive to all my price-match requests so far. But their shipping process seems to be slow/delayed. For example, I just placed an order of an "in-stock" item Monday night, and it's still with an "Open" status today/Wed, making me wonder when it's gonna ever ship out. In the meanwhile, I placed another order thru PricePoint at the same time Monday night, and that one is scheduled to arrive here tomorrow already. Similarly, I also trust BlueSky that, when I order by Wed-noon, it gets here by Friday. I may drop Jenson from my list of quick shippers, just like I did with Universal a while ago (although I see improved attempts by Universal nowadays).

Cheers,
    - PiroChu

[EDIT]
    So now they say my order shipped, but neither of their CS reps Jeff or Justin still haven't responded back to my email request for the tracking number info. I'm not sure if they're pissed off or something just because I was persistent in tracing my order status, but I think I'm entitled to the tracking number info.
    Last edited by PiroChu; 01-25-2007 at 10:01 PM.