mtbr member
    Mar 2004

JensonUSA coupon code?

Looking for one, anyone out there know of any?

Thanks.

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    One thing I've noticed about Jenson is that they price match. There selection is large enough that most items can be found on other sites. I've been killing the websites looking for parts for my build. Of the +600 bucks in stuff, I've been able to knock down enough to set my shopping cart at around 512. And the shipping seems nice 20 bucks. That 512 includes a wheelset,xt v brakes, xt front der, xt brakelevers/shifter, Saint 800-3 crank, Aswer taper pro bar, fsa stem, power link 990, slime tubes. I havn't decided on a seat post or saddle yet, but everything else is on it's way.

But it would be even sweeter with a 5%-10% discount code...lol

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekJeff
    One thing I've noticed about Jenson is that they price match. There selection is large enough that most items can be found on other sites. I've been killing the websites looking for parts for my build. Of the +600 bucks in stuff, I've been able to knock down enough to set my shopping cart at around 512.
    I second that... I just ordered about $650 worth of stuff, but I saved at least $100 through price matching, including $40 on the headset alone. I found that QBike was very helpful in quickly finding the cheapest price.

I like the fact that they have 90% of the stuff I want. I find that some sites will have a really good price on a few things, but to get everything I want I would have to place like 3-4 orders. I just ordered parts for a whole new bike, and was able to get everything but the frame, one part, and two tools from Jenson. Since they price match, price isn't an issue so selection becomes more important.

Only $34 to ship it all to Canada by UPS.

Regards,
    Anthony

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    You have that right. I just placed my order tonight. My frame was getting pissed with nothing more than a XTR rear der and a headset. I was able to get all the tools I needed for the saint crank and rear casette cheaper including shipping on Nashbar. The only draw back on Jenson is that one of the parts is in back order and not expected until the 28th..so I have to wait a bit.

What are you building up? I'm guessing something with Nokian tires???lol I have some 296's on my old Trek.

mtbr member
    got 2 words for ya, Lee Baldwin (Jenson USA)
    Beer doesn't slow me down, it numbs the pain.

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    Quote Originally Posted by 24VT
    got 2 words for ya, Lee Baldwin (Jenson USA)
    .....did the rest of the post get cut off?

@adelorenzo
    Hehe... This bike will probably get some studs for next winter. It's a single/fixed commuter/cross/tourer... Basically the bike to do everything that my fat tire MTB doesn't do. I'm using a Surly Cross-Check frameset, building a set of Surly/Rhyno Lite wheels, moustache bars, brooks saddle... It's gonna be kind of an old school look.

Regards,
    Anthony

mtbr member
    .....did the rest of the post get cut off?
    all i was saying is that i have never used coupons or anything like that. i have a sales person I use by the name of Lee Baldwin at Jenson USA. he always hooks me up with prices better than anyone else.

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    really.....they can negotiate an oline order??? I'll have to make a call and see what comes up...thanks for the tip, and I'm sure he appreciates it too..I spent five years in sales..referrals are always nice.

mtbr member
    really.....they can negotiate an oline order??? I'll have to make a call and see what comes up...thanks for the tip, and I'm sure he appreciates it too..I spent five years in sales..referrals are always nice.
    yeah, I have been doing business with him for years and has always taken care of me. Even with returns, there has never been a hassle returning a defective part or one that doesn't fit. Five star customer service in my book.

mtbr member
    When I was doing my build ($1,000) I called and they said they would do a discount. I ended up going through Larry at Mtn. High because Larry was still priced better. I do still frequent Jenson though.