Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

JensonUSA.com is my site

It helps that I live close to them also, but the JensonUSA site has some great deals. Just check periodically for different sales throughout the month and they are fast shipping and great people. Purchased 90% of my bike upgrades from them, no problems with any of them

Michigan Wolverine
    Agreed. They are probably just as excited as I am when my paycheck comes in since it has recently been resulting in some purchases.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Shipping can be painfully slow, even if it's free with $50 spent. I order from PricePoint just about any time during Day 1 and it shows up at my door on Day 2 (weekdays). Ordered from Jenson last Friday, stuff didn't show up postmarked Riverside until Wednesday.

Do like the search narrowing options, though.

GAME ON!
    i honestly haven't looked at anything on jenson since they changed their site.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'm in Seattle area, and I haven't had any trouble with their (free) shipping.

mtbr member
    I like using qbike...you can put in what you are looking for and it will search all the top stores plus ebay...it helps finding the best deal.

Road Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Bike Parts | Best Bike Prices - QBike.com
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    They get more of my money than any other online site. They almost always price match and they have fixed two orders I have managed to screw up (although one I blame on the site for being confusing- basically got a free handlebar out of the deal). Just last week they price matched a $425 Stan's ZTR Crest 29er wheel set for me. Screaming deal.

mtbr member
    I hate their new site.
    Current Ride:
    Ibis Mojo SL-R - Medium - South Beach White
    '11 Specialized Roubaix Compact Rival

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonylokrn View Post
    I hate their new site.
    I think their older site was easier to use.

mtbr member
    I hate their new site.
    I agree. The new site wastes a of monitor space, and all the fancy-schmancy stuff actually makes it tougher and slower to navigate. I would be thrilled if Jenson just reverted to their previous design.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Searching for "chainrings" and then being able to narrow your results by "94BCD" beats the heck out of clicking on each result to find those that are 94BCD.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Great shop and service. The new site is a downgrade and slow to load with that big photo; the old site was better.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dman624 View Post
    It helps that I live close to them also, but the JensonUSA site has some great deals. Just check periodically for different sales throughout the month and they are fast shipping and great people. Purchased 90% of my bike upgrades from them, no problems with any of them
    They are one of the best bike shops online

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    I agree. The new site wastes a of monitor space, and all the fancy-schmancy stuff actually makes it tougher and slower to navigate. I would be thrilled if Jenson just reverted to their previous design.

+1111111111

agree here also, before they upgraded the site, Jenson was my first go to to check for parts...not any more...the new site is cumbersome and all the extra work to find something is a pain in the a#$

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    They might revert back if they start to loss money.

mtbr member
    The site kind of sucks, and it's a little weird that they ship tons of stuff separately, but I love using them. The stuff gets to me (in Wisconsin) usually in 3 business days, and they price match everything. Thumbs up to Jenson.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I've got to agree with the naysayers here. Jenson used to be my preferred internet retailer- good prices, fast shipping, great CS, and a site that was fast and easy to navigate.

Since they moved to the new site, I tried giving it a go for a couple of months, and have only made one order with them (and about five with other stores). It's just a hassle to look for things, with lots of irrelevant filters taking up the left side of the screen, weird use of white space and the fun clearance/outlet area has been drastically reduced.

I wish Jenson would move back to their old site (maybe with a few tweaks if they felt the need to make things different for 2012). In the meantime the current site is just pushing me towards other stores.

DFMBA.org
    Ordered an Arch wheelset and one shipped but the other was returned somehow (not by me). Had to call and get it all sorted out, and eventually received the second wheel a week later. The funny part was that the Stans tape was on back order. Overall, I'm still happy.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I hate their new site.
    but I love their prices

Big Hittin'
    Yup. Great price and if your in the Socal area, most orders arrive at your door in 1 day!
    29er's are Goofy

mtbr member
    Love Jenson, but I don't like the new site or the new price match system either.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerny View Post
    Love Jenson, but I don't like the new site or the new price match system either.
    I've been trying to pin down what it is about the new site design that bugs me, so that I can articulate it well enough to explain it to them.

Use of space. That's the big thing. My screen isn't large enough for the photo background to really matter. It takes up space, and I guess I don't have much of it.

The drop-down menus sometimes drop down in my way when I really don't want them to do so. This has to do with how I veer around the screen using the mouse. LOL! Perhaps I don't steer too well.

Some menu headers lack detail. For example, there are no subcategories under "Shifters" is the dropdown menu for Components. That actually threw me for a loop one day when I was looking for shifters. It's a consistency thing. My brain was not seeing Shifters in the menu at all, because there was nothing underneath the heading. My brain must've been looking for groups -- heading + detail -- and it just ignored anything not fitting the pattern.

The scrolling region for facebook on the home page sometimes "captures" the scrolling action from my Trackpoint as I scroll through the page. Possibly non-Trackpoint users have no problem with this.

On the plus side, I *really* enjoy the frequently-changing promotions at the top of the page. I visit daily, if not more often, just to puruse the promotions, and also the top-sellers.

mtbr member
    The new site if very cumbersome, but being my LBS and trailhead parking lot at the same time, I dont mind it one bit. They pricematch almost everything, the will-call employees are cool people and I can pickup the part usually the same day if it is stocked at the riverside warehouse.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    About the website: Some of my favorite websites have switched to a graphically intense, low content per page style. They are hard to navigate, slow to load, and error prone. Simple is faster.

mtbr member
    I also don't like the new site. Slow to load. I prefer the older website and their sugnature graphics/cartoons.

Btw, Jenson no longer sponsers this forum?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast