Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt View Post
    Side note, Diamondback Session 24 BMX is $140. Is this is a good dirt jumper or to learn some new skills around the neighborhood? I really want a 20" bmx but can't find anything at $140. Thanks.
    No clue, but I just bought it. I justify it to myself because I need something to roll to the bars/coffeeshops with anyways. The skills/jump/pump etc is bonus.

And worst case scenario, I sell it for $100 "like-new" and get most of my money back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by johnybutts View Post
    No clue, but I just bought it. I justify it to myself because I need something to roll to the bars/coffeeshops with anyways. The skills/jump/pump etc is bonus.
    Haha! Stop putting thoughts in my mind! I'm already building a new SC Heckler so I just need a bmx/dj to gain new skills.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Haha thought I was the only one considering that DB bmx for all the reasons above. I also was thinking 20". Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    If you're actaully going to BMX with it - find a 20"

I'm just getting it for funsies.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Come on Jenson! Let have either the SE or Stolen bmx for 50%

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Danscomp currently has 15% off with free shipping. '12 models are on sale too, several SE and Stolen bikes included. It's not quite 50% that you're looking for, but might be a good second option.

Huckin' trails
    Easton XC One 26" S Wheelset on sale for only $115 !

Easton XC One 26" SS Disc Wheelset > Components > Wheel Goods > Mountain Bike Wheels | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Pick one up while they last.

I only needed a new front wheel, so I'll be selling the rear one locally and pretty much get even on the deal
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Danscomp currently has 15% off with free shipping. '12 models are on sale too, several SE and Stolen bikes included. It's not quite 50% that you're looking for, but might be a good second option.
    Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, anything under $200 that you recommend? get confused looking at all those choices.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, anything under $200 that you recommend? get confused looking at all those choices.
    I'm no BMX expert, actually probably in the same boat as you, but the main thing people would say is "chromoly". The more chromo, the better. The lower end bikes are hi-tensile, which tend to be weaker and heavier. Some say that's ok for beginners, as you'll probably upgrade later if you get serious. I ended up going with the Stolen Score, but waivered over the less expensive Wrap. Score is full chromo, while Wrap is semi-chromo (but plenty of it). There was a Sinner model, earlier this morning, but looks like someone swiped it.

https://www.danscomp.com/products/10...core_Bike.html

From my research (not experience), I'd probably recommend the Wrap, for a little more than your $200 budget. Probably, the best in that price range, that's currently on sale. There's lots of Verde bikes still available, which probably says something in itself.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    hahah ditto!

*pray*

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    I'm no BMX expert, actually probably in the same boat as you, but the main thing people would say is "chromoly". The more chromo, the better. The lower end bikes are hi-tensile, which tend to be weaker and heavier. Some say that's ok for beginners, as you'll probably upgrade later if you get serious. I ended up going with the Stolen Score, but waivered over the less expensive Wrap. Score is full chromo, while Wrap is semi-chromo (but plenty of it). There was a Sinner model, earlier this morning, but looks like someone swiped it.

https://www.danscomp.com/products/10...core_Bike.html

From my research (not experience), I'd probably recommend the Wrap, for a little more than your $200 budget. Probably, the best in that price range, that's currently on sale. There's lots of Verde bikes still available, which probably says something in itself.
    The Wrap looks good. I'll see if I can find it for cheaper. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by stoot View Post
    hahah ditto!

*pray*
    I'm praying!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Haha i got a DB just because. I justified the purchase "It's my xmas present" He's only 6 yo. I don't think he'll fit because he's the small kid in his class Maybe 5 years from now .

I am picking up the SS wheelset. I don't have any 26er SS. I have 3 29er SS though. Let's see how the 26er SS measure up against the 29er.
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by snellvilleGAbiker View Post
    I am picking up the SS wheelset. I don't have any 26er SS. I have 3 29er SS though. Let's see how the 26er SS measure up against the 29er.
    About 3".

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Anyone seeing today's deals? All I see is December 7th stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Business days only.

mtbr member
    I see. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Good deal on the SID 29er fork, tapered and 15mm for $398 Rockshox Sid XX 29Er Fork 2012 > Components > Forks > Suspension Forks | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Too bad I run a 120-140mm fork.

bog
    mtbr member
    I take they only had a few and ran out of QR15/Tapered because they aren't showing now and weren't showing yesterday either. I'd jump on one of those in a hurry for my Highball C.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    How come nobody has jumped on that Niner Air 9 deal. Holy crap, that's a score. Got to give Jenson some props for coming strong on these deals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    Good deal on the SID 29er fork, tapered and 15mm for $398 Rockshox Sid XX 29Er Fork 2012 > Components > Forks > Suspension Forks | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    Too bad I run a 120-140mm fork.
    I got one of the straight steerer, 9 MM versions earlier today. Great deal!
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    How come nobody has jumped on that Niner Air 9 deal. Holy crap, that's a score. Got to give Jenson some props for coming strong on these deals.
    That's a smoking deal. But wrong size
    12' Sir9 Rigid
    11' Jabber Rigid
    10 SJ SS rigid
    10' Swork SS 29er
    10' Tallboy
    08' RM Vertex SS

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    Probably because there's quite a few of us that can't fit on L or XL.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr View Post
    I got one of the straight steerer, 9 MM versions earlier today. Great deal!
    It Looks like they are all gone now . . . .
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    I have been teased enough with these deals. I just couldnt take it anmore. I had to get the sid xx 15mm. I dont even have a bike to put it on or wheelset in 15mm. Now I have to build a 4th mtb and a new wheelset. Should have gotten the formula brakes from the other day too since I just commited to a new build...

Still cheaper than therapy.

bog
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmtb1 View Post
    I have been teased enough with these deals. I just couldnt take it anmore. I had to get the sid xx 15mm. I dont even have a bike to put it on or wheelset in 15mm. Now I have to build a 4th mtb and a new wheelset. Should have gotten the formula brakes from the other day too since I just commited to a new build...

Still cheaper than therapy.
    Too bad you might be stuck with it .... unless you're willing to part with it ...
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast