Thread: Jenson - WOW!

mtbr member

Jenson - WOW!

This isn't a referal for a particular deal, but just had to share my experience. (I'm in western Canada).

I spent a little time yesterday researching what new helmet to get, and decided on the Fox Striker. A somewhat local online supplier was out of stock, so I looked on some US sites. I found the helmet on sale on Backcountry for $77.95, but had also heard good things about Jenson in regards to the shipping costs/duties/taxes/hassles inherent with shipping across the border, which they take care of. Unfortunately their price was $119.95, but I saw the "Request a Price Match" link and pasted in the URL from Backcountry. Within about a minute I got an email saying that it was approved!

So at about 4:45 pm PST yesterday, I placed the order with Jenson, with a guaranteed delivery date of the 23rd (a week away).

I went for a late afternoon ride today, and when I got back, the box was on my doorstep! Unbelievable.

Jenson - you rock!

BTW: In case anyone reading this is wondering about a sizing issue with this particular helmet (and can't try one on in person), I was really concerned, because my head size is 58.5, which is exactly in between the Small/Medium and the Large/Extra Large. I was rolling the dice with this online purchase, and I can happily report that the Small/Medium that I ordered fits perfectly.
    Last edited by Technician; 10-18-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    I call him free who is led solely by reason. (Baruch Spinoza)

mtbr member
    I am lucky enough to live 15 minutes from the Will Call shop and about 35 minutes from the Corona store. I have ordered online and picked up from the store (great ppl who are more than willing to help out) and even had my orders delivered to my door during my work week when i can't make it during their business hours. I've also dropped by and ordered directly from the shop after a ride and they filled my order quickly. Price match and great return policies. Customer service at the full store it top notch as well.

I can't say enough great things about them. Got my bike scheduled for a brake bleed on Monday as well. They are what LBS.s should look up to. Local bike shop personality with competitive online prices and resource to back it up. Awesome in the pure sense of the word.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]
    Since we're raining praise on Jenson I'll just add my $0.02 here too. Had Jenson price match a killer deal on XTR Trail disc brakes this past Wednesday. They shipped for free the same day and upgraded me to overnight shipping. Showed up on my doorstep yesterday. I'm in Nor Cal and they're in So Cal so it didn't have to travel far but excellent service nonetheless
    ٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃̃)۶ ٩(̯)۶

mtbr member
    Jenson has always been good to me. The funny thing is that I recently did the opposite and price matched a Jenson item with Backcountry. Backcountry was easy to work with and priced matched it quickly in a chat session. It's nice to have a number of good options out there for ordering bike stuff.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I had Jenson price match on something I thought there was no way...and they did as well as send me a newer version. My only issue with them is the delivery service they us, the guy always pulls up in a personal car and has harassed my wife twice. Granted its not them but has put me off a bit.

Backcountry is amazing too. Their return policy is what gets me every time. Never used it but its great to know its there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Here is my headache caused by JensonUSA. I would never ever shop there! From the date of order placement, May 15th, I have been talking to Jenson's representatives almost every day, but the problem is not solved. The total amount of the order was 124.22 USD. Jenson charged me 345.46 USD. Today, its June 06 and I just yesterday received in full my shipment which was comprised of tubeless kit without sealant, a frame pump, and patches.
    The order was placed on May 15th. After several days I accidentally checked the website and the order status which showed the error. I talked to sales representative online, and my billing address was checked and cleared. The sales rep said everything was OK. On May 17th I got charged the full amount of 124.22USD
    After checking the status of the order online I realized again there is the same problem. I didnt receive any notification though regarding the problem. So if I didnt check the status myself I would never notice the problem and receive the order. I again talked to sales representative online and issue was cleared or I thought it's cleared. On May 31st, 2014 I had a chat with another sales representative online, he or she cleared the issue with billing address. On the same day, May 31st, 2014, I had the charge again for full amount of 124.22 USD. Then I talked again with the online sales representative. The guy said that the first charge is temporary and the 2nd is themain charge so I would get the first charge back within a day. On the same day, I received 27.20 USD back. On June 2nd I had Jensonusa again charged 97.02 USD. On June 4th I talked to sales representative again and he said I am going to get the additional funds to be cleared. Nothing is done so far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimant View Post
    Here is my headache caused by JensonUSA. I would never ever shop there! From the date of order placement, May 15th, I have been talking to Jenson's representatives almost every day, but the problem is not solved. The total amount of the order was 124.22 USD. Jenson charged me 345.46 USD. Today, its June 06 and I just yesterday received in full my shipment which was comprised of tubeless kit without sealant, a frame pump, and patches.
    The order was placed on May 15th. After several days I accidentally checked the website and the order status which showed the error. I talked to sales representative online, and my billing address was checked and cleared. The sales rep said everything was OK. On May 17th I got charged the full amount of 124.22USD
    After checking the status of the order online I realized again there is the same problem. I didnt receive any notification though regarding the problem. So if I didnt check the status myself I would never notice the problem and receive the order. I again talked to sales representative online and issue was cleared or I thought it's cleared. On May 31st, 2014 I had a chat with another sales representative online, he or she cleared the issue with billing address. On the same day, May 31st, 2014, I had the charge again for full amount of 124.22 USD. Then I talked again with the online sales representative. The guy said that the first charge is temporary and the 2nd is themain charge so I would get the first charge back within a day. On the same day, I received 27.20 USD back. On June 2nd I had Jensonusa again charged 97.02 USD. On June 4th I talked to sales representative again and he said I am going to get the additional funds to be cleared. Nothing is done so far.
    What?
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    My problem with Jenson is that I live in the same state as them, but not close enough where it's convenient to treat them like my LBS.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan View Post
    What?

Dispute it with your CC company.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

addicted to chunk
    They have always been great for me!!
    Riding.....

Rogue Exterminator
    Jenson for the win. It is my go to place.

Only complaint is not being able to use a coupon code for one item and get a price match on a different item. I was going to do that once but couldn't so I had to split the order. Both items were over $50 so I still got free shipping. No big deal, just a minor inconvenience and it actually cost them more to ship. The funny thing is, one order still had 2 items and they came shipped separately in over sized packages and the other order was also in an over sized package. Their shipping department could use some streamlining to make them more profitable but that is not my problem.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    All good feedback for Jenson in all my dealings with them. The Corona store is about 40 minutes from me, but I can't help from stopping in on them a few times a month. Even make it to Riverside once in awhile.

Their price match policy is awesome and even with a stack of 10 and 15% off cards, I can never use them cause I keep finding deals online for them to match. And easy returns in the event you change your mind about the item.

They make it way to easy to fuel this mtb sickness of mine. It's all their fault!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'm with the majority here in that I've only had great experiences with Jenson. Often great prices, and the price match is incredible. $9 off Surly cogs, 50% of Niner bars. All shipped for free. And I've had to cancel orders with them and it was so easy. One of the main reason's I come back, and they're not even local to me. In my experience of 10+ orders over the last 5 years, the credit card nonsense posted above is an exception. Never had a problem.

addicted to chunk
    They got more of my money again lol. Price matched an x9 type2 rear derailleur for $82 and a loaded stem for 63.
    Riding.....

mtbr member
    More of my cash, too. Price matched some Mavic Stratos shorts for $55. This was a $45 savings. I bought two. Saved $90. No wonder i keep going back. BTW, they are my LBS as well. They are awesome!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Jenson - WOW!

Jenson is one of the best as this thread proves, even though it started as a neg thread. They've always been good to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Jenson is one of the best as this thread proves, even though it started as a neg thread. They've always been good to me.

Wha?
    I call him free who is led solely by reason. (Baruch Spinoza)

mtbr member

Re: Jenson - WOW!

Why price match? If somewhere else has it cheaper why not just purchase it from there?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jenson will price match some of the overseas vendors which is awesome because they offer free shipping over $50 and you don't have to worry about getting hit with additional fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Awshucks View Post
    Why price match? If somewhere else has it cheaper why not just purchase it from there?
    • Free Shipping
    • Consolidate items you'd otherwise have to buy from multiple stores into one order from one place
    • Get the best price you can find for each item while still purchasing from a single store
    • Purchase from a company you know to be reputable over one that might be a scam
    • Avoid tariffs and international shipping delay concerns

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Awshucks View Post
    Because I like and trust Jenson.
    Also because I may be getting something else from them and combining the items for free shipping.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    I agree, Jenson is awesome. I've been buying from them the last two years, wish I started sooner.