utilikilted

Jenson website misrepresentations

Three days ago I received an Easton Monkeylite carbon XC OS riser bar listed as 27" in width on the website, measured it upon arriving and found out it was only 26". I have been riding a 28" bar, so going to 27" was a compromise, 26" was a let down. I called Jenson on the bar. The order guy was courteous and offered to refund price plus shipping, so I can't complain about that.

Then yesterday a received an order for 2 Nobby Nics. I thought I was ordering the UST version as they were listed under the UST tire section on their website. Guess what? The were Evolutions, not UST. I haven't called them yet and may go ahead and run the tires on a non UST wheelset.

Jenson has a great website, but my only two orders off of it have been items misrepresented. Is this common? If so I'll take them off my favorites list.

Natural body armor
    Sounds strange to me, but these things can happen.
    I placed 15 orders with jenson online and quite a few at the shop directly so far close to about $2600 and never had a single problem.
    Their customer service is great and always helped me with returns and stuff really well.
    I think they are very knowledgeable about bike stuff, much more than some others online-only merchants.
    Giv'em another chance.
    ZT
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I've ordered from them a few times and haven't had a problem.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Probably just an accident. I've never had a problem with them.

-Rob
    "No, you're going to be promoted to GLG-20."

utilikilted
    Thanks for the above feedback. If there is any doubt from now on I'll call on the product before ordering. The website was definitely inaccurate on both orders but a good customer oriented company shouldn't be judged on just that unless it is a pattern. I'll leave 'em on my favorites list.

mtbr member
    Yeah, mistakes happens. I have ordered tons of stuff from Jenson. 100% satisfied with their service. Never got one wrong product.

is down to roll...
    I was looking at the DMR Trailblade 2 on their site, however, it listed it as a 24" fork. To my knowledge, the TB2 is a 26" fork. The DMR website does not specify that it is a 24" fork. After emailing the question to their help desk, they responded that the 24" is the specification given to them by the supplier.

It might just be misinformation given to Jenson, which caused the mix up. I ended up ordering the fork through BTI, and it works just fine w/ a 26" wheel.
    -ebR

Don't touch me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuteye
    Three days ago I received an Easton Monkeylite carbon XC OS riser bar listed as 27" in width on the website, measured it upon arriving and found out it was only 26". I have been riding a 28" bar, so going to 27" was a compromise, 26" was a let down. I called Jenson on the bar. The order guy was courteous and offered to refund price plus shipping, so I can't complain about that.

Then yesterday a received an order for 2 Nobby Nics. I thought I was ordering the UST version as they were listed under the UST tire section on their website. Guess what? The were Evolutions, not UST. I haven't called them yet and may go ahead and run the tires on a non UST wheelset.

Jenson has a great website, but my only two orders off of it have been items misrepresented. Is this common? If so I'll take them off my favorites list.
    On their site the MonkeyLite MX bar is 27" wide. The XC is listed as 26" wide.
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...er+Bar+07.aspx
    Maybe a case of mistaken identity?

The tires are availible in UST, but they aren't listed in the drop down box (sold out maybe?) as with other tires that are availible in both versions (UST and tubed).
    [SIZE=3]No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

[/SIZE][SIZE=1]MCM# eleventy billion

[SIZE=2]No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

utilikilted

Jenson is on top of it

Ordered the tires off the UST drop down. I'm going to keep them so I won't call on it.

The riser bar was the XC and both the phone rep and I reviewed the web 27" description - hence the offer for paying return shipping. The web site description has been corrected - kudos to Jenson for the quick correction, and definitely no complaint in regards to their service .

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuteye
    Ordered the tires off the UST drop down. I'm going to keep them so I won't call on it.

The riser bar was the XC and both the phone rep and I reviewed the web 27" description - hence the offer for paying return shipping. The web site description has been corrected - kudos to Jenson for the quick correction, and definitely no complaint in regards to their service .
    I was going to say that Jenson is a company that would like to know the errors that they make so they can correct them, but I see it is already done.

utilikilted
    BTW, that Easton Monkeylite XC '07 is muy cool! 26" is just wide enough, and the sweep angles fit very well.

mtbr member

Industrywide mis-representations

I was trying to get an 06 marz 66...

Performance bike advertised for an air on bestbikebuys.com - $549 When I got there, it was $599.

Jenson advertised that they had a 66RC in a bike magazine. When you searched you came to the page and it said 66VF2 - out of stock, but listed the description for the SL. Plus, its a clearance item, which means you can leave your email so they can tell you that there are no more available.

Wheelworld - I ordered a fork off their site (they honored a 20% off coupon), but the next business day they called to say they didn't have it and tried to sell me an 888.

It could just be a coincidence of problems, but here we are two days later, and the sites still have those forks listed on their sites. When its gone, they should have it removed, or note that its not in stock. Not wasting bikers time and money.

Performance bike is just wrong. They have different links into their site that let you get different pricing on offers. But I could not find the 66 air for $549 as listed on bestwebbuys.

Finally, I bought from a bike shop clearance on ebay for $399 for an air without ETA. At least customers can see the feedback those shops get.

You cannot sell what you don't have on ebay, without getting bad feedback or banned. I some ways its safer than web shops in general. But make sure you understand ebay if you are going to buy there , let alone any web shop. Most are legit, but if you make a mistake, you'll pay for it big time. Check feedback, # transactions, use paypal, and make sure country you buy from is one you can afford shipping from.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbyte
    I was trying to get an 06 marz 66...

Performance bike advertised for an air on bestbikebuys.com - $549 When I got there, it was $599.

Jenson advertised that they had a 66RC in a bike magazine. When you searched you came to the page and it said 66VF2 - out of stock, but listed the description for the SL. Plus, its a clearance item, which means you can leave your email so they can tell you that there are no more available.

Wheelworld - I ordered a fork off their site (they honored a 20% off coupon), but the next business day they called to say they didn't have it and tried to sell me an 888.

It could just be a coincidence of problems, but here we are two days later, and the sites still have those forks listed on their sites. When its gone, they should have it removed, or note that its not in stock. Not wasting bikers time and money.

Performance bike is just wrong. They have different links into their site that let you get different pricing on offers. But I could not find the 66 air for $549 as listed on bestwebbuys.

Finally, I bought from a bike shop clearance on ebay for $399 for an air without ETA. At least customers can see the feedback those shops get.

You cannot sell what you don't have on ebay, without getting bad feedback or banned. I some ways its safer than web shops in general. But make sure you understand ebay if you are going to buy there , let alone any web shop. Most are legit, but if you make a mistake, you'll pay for it big time. Check feedback, # transactions, use paypal, and make sure country you buy from is one you can afford shipping from.
    I think you have a severe misunderstanding about the difference between "mis-representations" and normal changes in stock and pricing.

When dealing with print ads the stock can sell out even before the ads hit the streets.
    Many of the on-line ads you may be referencing can be on affiliate sites that the vendor has no direct control of. Typos and out of date info is common.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    << removed and posted in proper context>>
    Last edited by mountainbyte; 01-16-2007 at 04:24 PM.

mtbr member

severe misunderstanding??? what specifically????

Yeah print gets old, but most web apps have expiration dates. Also, someone had to send bestwebbuys.com the PerformanceBikes price as $549. The site changes daily. It's not magic, or people hand-coding its most likely an XML feed. It has been there at that price for a while, so who's mistake is it? Plus affiliate sites often put expiration dates if its a coupon or something to which you are referring. But my main problem was directly on the web sites I described.

But if you are defending non-removal of web items as well, which in many cases are tied to inventory programs, I don't buy it. Many e-commerce programs alternately let you put in quantity available if they aren't tied in directly to the inventory. So if that's not the case, it should be. When an item is depleted they automatically come off the site. Your site seems to have a good e-commerce package, is this a feature you don't use? I don't buy that its something these advanced sites can't do.

Where was the misunderstanding?

Don't get me wrong, I love your products, and your service is great. I can find problems with your site, but I work with this stuff every day and the "its technical" explaination don't cut it. I don't have a mis-understanding. In fact, I'm responsible for similar sites. I know how it works. If its your business, you can remove or comment an item that's not in stock.

There's no excuse to leave something that's out of stock and not expected to come in on your site, other than "it gets traffic". And that ain't right.
    Last edited by mountainbyte; 01-16-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbyte
    Yeah print gets old, but most web apps have expiration dates. Also, someone had to send bestwebbuys.com the PerformanceBikes price as $549. The site changes daily. It's not magic, or people hand-coding its most likely an XML feed. It has been there at that price for a while, so who's mistake is it? Plus affiliate sites often put expiration dates if its a coupon or something to which you are referring. But my main problem was directly on the web sites I described.

But if you are defending non-removal of web items as well, which in many cases are tied to inventory programs, I don't buy it. Many e-commerce programs alternately let you put in quantity available if they aren't tied in directly to the inventory. So if that's not the case, it should be. When an item is depleted they automatically come off the site. Your site seems to have a good e-commerce package, is this a feature you don't use? I don't buy that its something these advanced sites can't do.

Where was the misunderstanding?

Don't get me wrong, I love your products, and your service is great. I can find problems with your site, but I work with this stuff every day and the "its technical" explaination don't cut it. I don't have a mis-understanding. In fact, I'm responsible for similar sites. I know how it works. If its your business, you can remove or comment an item that's not in stock.

There's no excuse to leave something that's out of stock and not expected to come in on your site, other than "it gets traffic". And that ain't right.
    Your misunderstanding continues as I do not operate or work for an e-commerce site. I do have affiliate links (created by me by hand).

Not every site is automated. Not every listing on a site like bestbikebuys is supplied by the e-tailer. Some of these best deal sites are automated using search spiders but they generally have a lag time.

Most e-tailers sites are mostly up to date and that is where you should be looking for the current pricing and availability. Just remember that there are potentially thousands of buyers for anything you are looking at on-line and even if you have added it to your cart you do not have it until you complete the check out (even then it may be sold out before your order is completed).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    << did it again >>